Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, -PVL93- said:

So realistically what can they talk about for 30-35 minutes during this upcoming presentation next week? 

Well,most likely

• Some DLC / Story mode  alternate outfits since they already teased with the Kimberly one. May show for other characters as well
  • Probably a couple of matches with the recently previewed characters
  • Possibly a Beta 3 / Open beta announcement 
  • Maybe yet another in-game commentator

Mix all those up and a couple of trailer showcases of what we have seen before and it will cover up that time or more quite fast.

As far as Season 1 goes. I mean, it's all been leaked quite some time ago ,it's not out of the question to show / tease them but i personally think it won't be the case.Already showing paid Season 1 content when the game is not even launched is a risk Capcom may not be whiling to take when the game had such a good reception so far. The truth is that many would like to see them regardless, but the other truth is that if they do show them, the unavoidable hate train will be directed at Capcom swiftly .

31 minutes ago, Skort said:

As far as Season 1 goes. I mean, it's all been leaked quite some time ago

It's unlikely but Capcom could pull a fast one and change up Season 1. I'm sure the leaked 4 characters are getting made, but there is nothing official about them being in season 1.

More likely though, I think they will preview World Tour and the story side of things. The preview of Damnd and Bosch demonstrates that WT Mode will have some pretty far developed NPC characters so those are always fun to catch.

Think it would be smart for Capcom to not show ingame footage of the season 1 characters until after release (end of June). Even if they had something ready, it would send the wrong message to consumers who don't know how character development works and they'll think Capcom are holding out.

37 minutes ago, Skort said:

.Already showing paid Season 1 content when the game is not even launched is a risk Capcom may not be whiling to take when the game had such a good reception so far.

The season pass is already advertised as part of the Deluxe and Ultimate editions on top of Bonus colors and costumes. No point in beating around the bush. 

Edited by -PVL93-
1 hour ago, -PVL93- said:

So realistically what can they talk about for 30-35 minutes during this upcoming presentation next week?

Teaser of S1 stuff, not only the 4 chars but also their alts and stages (wich are included in the pre-order i did))

Rumor beta announcement

Alt costumes

First WT mission (ending with DamnD Boss Fight)

This would be lot of stuff

Then if gods listen my prayers, announcement we can use created characters outside WT/hub

13 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

The season pass is already advertised as part of the Deluxe and Ultimate editions

Well, of course it's advertised , they need to justify the higher price tag on those particular versions of the game.  I still consider it too early to show the S1 characters given the fact that the game is not even released yet. Game is really close to launch. Smarter move would be wait a bit more and start shortly after. They don't need S1 DLC to keep the hype, the hype is there regardless.

13 minutes ago, Daemos said:

It's unlikely but Capcom could pull a fast one and change up Season 1

It's not out of the question but as you said, unlikely.  

However game is most likely in "gold" phase for quite some time now. Devs usually make content ~ 1 year in advance regardless  and you can be sure the leaked S1 was developed at the same time with the base roster. There is a really high chance Season 2 is ready or close to being ready, so there is a chance of them switching some things up. You never know.

However to put things clear. I was never a fan of dragging things a long when it comes to DLC / Season content. If you have it, show it. I don't really give a damn about the "hype train". Show it, if i like it , i buy it , simple as that. Miss me with shadow siluete and all that.

Some may enjoy it i suppose, but hey, i spoke my mind   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Skort
3 minutes ago, Skort said:

There is a really high chance Season 2 is ready or close to being ready

Based on how they developed SF5's seasons, I firmly believe this. S2 is already deep in development and they probably mapped out all the character releases for the first 3 seasons.

My only concern is if they show S1 anytime before second half of May, people are gonna call them out and the mood might take a sour turn. It's logical to try to push the sales of the character pass before release though. 

This time may be an exception actually, since pretty much anyone who has paid ANY attention to SF6 knows for a long time that there are 4 other characters being developed for this year and we know who they are. Might as well just rip the bandaid off now.

NRS had preorder bonus characters for years and the games still sold in the millions. Eliza was a temporary preorder exclusive in T7 and the game was a success. Alex literally released for SFV a month after the game's launch and they mapped out the schedule around mid to late February. 

Let's stop pretending as if Capcom shows the DLC characters now it'll be some kind of a disaster and 6 flops 

9 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

Let's stop pretending as if Capcom shows the DLC characters now it'll be some kind of a disaster and 6 flops 

You're right, but people go harder on Capcom because they are held to a higher standard than any of those games you mentioned. They are also coming back from some very questionable launches (SF5, MvCI) so things need to be impeccable this time around IMO. They've been stellar thus far, and we're almost at the finish line.

Based on how SF 6 is structured content wise i personally believe that Capcom will have city districts / areas  up for sale later down the line. 

The game has a semi open world and provides single player content for ones that enjoy it. Capcom is no longer limited to only having characters / costumes / stages for DLC. Now they can basically add a entire city part and expand upon the world. 

Tbh i think SF 6 will be around for quite some time if they play their cards right.

Edited by Skort
1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Point of offer teaser of S1 characters is that 2 out 3 pre-order versions include S1 stuff, so show S1 stuff in advance can help sell these pre-orders, and in particular people buy a more pricey version

Street Fighter 6: Kampfspiel erscheint im Juni, Vorbestellung eröffnet

I know everyone's doing it and there's really no point in wasting mental energy to go against it, but it's rather hilarious that it says "full game" under the standard edition when looking at what the other two include.

54 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

NRS had preorder bonus characters for years and the games still sold in the millions. Eliza was a temporary preorder exclusive in T7 and the game was a success. Alex literally released for SFV a month after the game's launch and they mapped out the schedule around mid to late February. 

You are forgetting that Capcom is held to a different standard than everyone else. People bitched about having the option to earn characters for free characters in SFV and defended Tekken 7 selling frame data. Some of the shit other developers pull would get Capcom crucified. 

1 hour ago, Skort said:

The game has a semi open world and provides single player content for ones that enjoy it. Capcom is no longer limited to only having characters / costumes / stages for DLC. Now they can basically add a entire city part and expand upon the world. 

Surely they'd want to continue the live service model from SF5? I could see the primary monetization coming from character costumes, stages, roster expansion and avatar customization, but things like World Tour zones or additional classic games for Battle Hub lobby will be distributed for free

9 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I don't remember anybody doing this.

In fact we call clowned Tekken for that incredibly display of...I don't know, pick your favorite pejorative for miserly behavior.

I remember it because I was in sheer disbelief. Capcom and NRS put include it for free. It was a WTF moment. I need to stop being surprised by the lunacy of the FGC.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, Daemos said:

You're right, but people go harder on Capcom because they are held to a higher standard than any of those games you mentioned.

Tbh as SF fan, it's not due "higher standard" it's due their habit of pick stuff they could add to the vanilla game and put a price on it to further monetize it as instant Season 1

Of course they're not the only to do it, they just feel more entiteled to be assholes than average because they know SF fanbase really love SF even when SF barely deserve that love

2 hours ago, Skort said:

Based on how SF 6 is structured content wise i personally believe that Capcom will have city districts / areas  up for sale later down the line. 

I think new areas (not just city districts, but NATIONS, it's called WORLD tour for a reason 😄) will become avaible as soon you buy/unlock DLC characters

You will have to meet them somewhere to have them as masters for your WT character

Also expect real money ingame coins to buy coolest WT stuff... there's a reason normal WT clothes look so plain and lame lol, watch "Drive Tickets" seen in pre-order be that currency

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Guess I'm getting the "Fuck me daddy, capcom right in the wallet oh yeah" edition.

I shameless did, after all i'll buy all that shit anyway... so better at bundle price 😄

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

I know everyone's doing it and there's really no point in wasting mental energy to go against it, but it's rather hilarious that it says "full game" under the standard edition when looking at what the other two include.

Technically their position is 2nd and 3rd version ADD to "full game" some of Season 1 DLCs, so they're saying the truth

But yeah it's all relative when they're the ones chosing wich amount of already existing contents is "full game" lol

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You are forgetting that Capcom is held to a different standard than everyone else. People bitched about having the option to earn characters for free characters in SFV and defended Tekken 7 selling frame data. Some of the shit other developers pull would get Capcom crucified. 

Bit 50/50 tbh

Capcom can be shitty abusing of their own status and rely on fanbase loyalty to get away with mediocrity

Then you have cunts that hate SF and will pick any real or imaginary or retarded reason to shit on it

SFV has been great example of both things

21 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Bit 50/50 tbh

Capcom can be shitty abusing of their own status and rely on fanbase loyalty to get away with mediocrity

Then you have cunts that hate SF and will pick any real or imaginary or retarded reason to shit on it

SFV has been great example of both things

That's what annoyed me about the SFV situation. There was plenty of legit reasons to rake Capcom over the coals and people still chose to invent shit.

The biggest problem with SF5 release was people not taking Capcom at the word (and the CapJap/CapUSA communication problem). They said it was gonna be barebones and then have features added as time went on.

Problem was the online worked like shit; then when new features were added, those were also underwhelming. Later on they went on to substantially cut how much fake moneys you made to unlock things while adding the fortune telling minigame to drain money hella fast.

Lots of actual issues going on with it.

11 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Did sf4 have a vtrigger like mechanic? You know like a xfactor that powered you up? And I think sf6 doesn't have that tight? 

SF4 had Ultras. They were basically super attacks but were built on a different meter that increased as you took damage. 

SF6 level 3 supers do more damage if you’re at low health, but that’s it. 

4 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

SF4 had Ultras. They were basically super attacks but were built on a different meter that increased as you took damage. 

SF6 level 3 supers do more damage if you’re at low health, but that’s it. 

Cool thanks, do you prefer it this way or would rather have an ultra/vtrigger mechanic? 

12 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Cool thanks, do you prefer it this way or would rather have an ultra/vtrigger mechanic? 

V-Trigger was a fun experiment in that it opened SF to the idea of character unique systems, a series first.

But I prefer the SF6 way at the moment. Characters have everything from the get go AND character unique systems/interactions. Multiple supers back is also a welcome return that we haven't seen in an SF game in a while.

20 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

SF6>>>>>SF4>SFV

I’m not a huge fan of comeback mechanics at all so the SF6 system is great to me. V-Triggers we’re far and away the worst aspect of SFV.

Edit: @Daemos touched on my other feelings about it

Edited by Vhozite
19 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

I didn't like Ultras. It was a flawed system that got exposed with Elena. Well that combined with whatever idiot thought making Healing an Ultra instead of Super was a good idea. When Elena got announced everyone, myself included, didn't even consider that Healing would be made an Ultra. It would be obviously broken. 

The way you gained V-trigger was not properly thought of.  The main issue however are the v-skills and how they were designed and implemented into the game. This,in my opinion should had been the main or at the very least the most effective way to gain V-Meter for your V-trigger. 

Naturally, a lot of v-skill as they currently are would require a proper rework because you have useless ones like Mika's for example that is close to useless.

A good way would be to make non v-skill combos to do more damage than the v-skill ones but if v-skill is used, the benefit would be  gaining v-meter to enhance your character via v-trigger. They chose a bad way of doing it however,rewarding  the losing player with meter designed specifically for robbery. It left a sour taste in the mouths of ones on the receiving end because it never felt like the opponent gained the comeback mechanic by earning it, but by loosing at the game.

Edited by Skort
3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

For what's worth Bandai got major shit for the Tira DLC fiasco but SC6 still sold like 2 million copies. 

Thanks guys for the comeback mechanic reply's, I must admit I didn't know what the hell vtrigger added to my character, like obviously it enhanced your fireballs but im sure it was more than that. Like I used to read that some characters were too powerful because of their vtriggers, an example would be Kolin and Abigail but I never understood why? Abigail doesn't even have fireballs lol. 

Edited by Maravilla
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I didn't like Ultras. It was a flawed system that got exposed with Elena. Well that combined with whatever idiot thought making Healing an Ultra instead of Super was a good idea. When Elena got announced everyone, myself included, didn't even consider that Healing would be made an Ultra. It would be obviously broken. 

Outside of Elena I’m taking Ultras over VTs all day. Big damage dumps were obnoxious, but it wasn’t like SFV where you were beating the other guy and suddenly he’s playing Marvel while you’re still play Street Fighter.

Edited by Vhozite

The lack of any Shadaloo characters is interesting tbh. I mean yea, Bison "died" but i don't see why they could not bring Vega back for example or Rog.

Really makes me wonder if they are going to add a "Shadaloo district / base" part of the city eventually, of course it will come with Shadaloo characters as DLC as well.   I don't know when Bison will be added in 6 but ain't no way he won't return in my opinion.

A lot of the current character's descriptions from SF6 hint / say that indeed Shadaloo is done for, but i just don't see Capcom showing the middle finger to basically the main boss of the franchise in a game that they appear to put a lot more passion into ( SF 6 )  compared to SF 5.

36 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Like I used to read that some characters were too powerful because of their vtriggers, an example would be Kolin

Man you really don't know. Kolin's VT2 was the equivalent of giving a character nuclear launch codes. I had made a joke before hers was revealed that if they giver her glacier sized hail it would be amazing. Not only did they do that they gave her the ultimate skip neutral tool. Seeing Juri's VT2 reveal at the same time as Kolin's created so much salt because Kolin for all intents was a far less played and loved character than Juri. It was like the battle director got head from a Russian goth chick cuz that's the only explanation for why the made her so cracked in season 3. Sadly VT2 is a shell of it's former self. But at one point in time that shit carried me to Ultra Diamond.

36 minutes ago, Skort said:

The lack of any Shadaloo characters is interesting tbh. I mean yea, Bison "died" but i don't see why they could not bring Vega back for example or Rog.

Really makes me wonder if they are going to add a "Shadaloo district / base" part of the city eventually, of course it will come with Shadaloo characters as DLC as well.   I don't know when Bison will be added in 6 but ain't no way he won't return in my opinion.

A lot of the current character's descriptions from SF6 hint / say that indeed Shadaloo is done for, but i just don't see Capcom showing the middle finger to basically the main boss of the franchise in a game that they appear to put a lot more passion into ( SF 6 )  compared to SF 5.

Shadaloo is probably finished. Some elements may survive and act independently but I don't see them coming back for a while.

But the 4 Kings will definitely come back as playable.

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

Outside of Elena I’m taking Ultras over VTs all day. Big damage dumps were obnoxious, but it was like SFV where you were beating the other guy and suddenly he’s playing Marvel while you’re still play Street Fighter.

Yeah, most of the time I ate an ultra I felt like I deserved it.  "oh I shouldn't have jumped there or shouldn't have pressed a button and just blocked".  V trigger can be activated no matter what, on block and be plus and then you have to guess for the rest of the round.  

Funnily enough it was the ultras that most resembled V triggers that I disliked the most.  Like Rose's Soul Satellite and Juri's Feng Shuai Engine.  

IMO V Triggers and V Skills started out as something actually cool, unique and somewhat thought out and as season 1 went by onwards it just turned into a boring "here's a special this character had in past games, you only get to use it 3 times per match" and shit 

The drive system is a massive step forward because we at least can use either of 3 supers at any time as long as we have meter, don't even need to pick and choose just one pre-match, and certain characters just straight up get installs 

5 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

it just turned into a boring "here's a special this character had in past games, you only get to use it 3 times per match" and shit 

Yeah I felt that. I guess not all of them can be cool like Bison and Necalli.

I'm glad that the characters that were in SF5 and SF6 feel REALLY complete though, they have all the stuff from previous games and the VT stuff seemingly carried over for some. So the V-system experiment yielded a net positive gain for the series.

3 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Outside of Elena I’m taking Ultras over VTs all day. Big damage dumps were obnoxious, but it wasn’t like SFV where you were beating the other guy and suddenly he’s playing Marvel while you’re still play Street Fighter.

The thing I like most about SF6 is that your characters have access to their tool from the jump. They aren't locked behind a V-Trigger. That's what made characters like Karin so good at her height. She didn't need her V-Trigger. If she needs to V-Reversal then she did. In SFV a lot of characters are basically Hakan. They don't get good until they are "oiled up." 

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

I guess not all of them can be cool like Bison and Necalli.

it's not just them

Chun had an arced jump

Ken had the run

Ryu got electricity on specials and parrying

Guile got a trap and rapid firing projectiles

Nash had quick dash/teleport and a projectile absorb

Mika got the promo cut and an assist call

Gief got hyperarmor and a vortex effect

Laura got a command dash

Rashid had a command jump/command roll

Birdie had the banana/soda can toss

It geniunely felt like some thought was put into the combat system and how these characters fit into it

Then we got through S1 DLC...and S2.... 

And this is only the V-System stuff. Don't even get me started on only Ryu having a unique animation on the sweep getting blocked or the stage KOs that completely vanished

5 hours ago, Skort said:

The way you gained V-trigger was not properly thought of.  The main issue however are the v-skills and how they were designed and implemented into the game. This,in my opinion should had been the main or at the very least the most effective way to gain V-Meter for your V-trigger. 

They worked a lot of it out (we even had an actual good convo about it in one of the lounges). The problem is that the whole thing ended up as a game that plays like shit.

You build meter v-gauge from using your v-skill, taking damage, and blocking mediums/hard normals. This last one is where a lot of people probably gave away v-meter for free on opponents. Because sure, you built grey health by making block the normals that were most often plus (standing strong). The flip side is that if you stacked grey and didn't get to cash it out, they'd gain that back AND have extra v-meter built.

You had pseudo chip damage on normals constantly happening. Which is also why some combos looked like they dealt insane damage. Some grey health here and there and bam, hella damage.

That when paired with the swinginess of v-triggers (which shot outs to all the cunts who told me I was wrong, best v-triggers were still the ones that gave you both damage and mix), it made for a wonderfully unpleasant gaming experience. I hope we never revisit this mechanic again.

On 4/10/2023 at 11:35 PM, TWINBLADES said:

The real redpill is that all the Kusoge bullshit people liked back in the gap is not worth the effort to go back to and because dev's got better and player feed back is more connected than it's ever been. Like you said DNF is filled with head ass bullshit but no one plays it and it has muh rollback. The truth is that no one wants to go back to that shit. It just feels nice to larp as an OG and never having to worry about being called out because It's not like random doujin fighter from the 90's has online to see if you were really about that. So I never take these fool seriously when they spout about the good ol days.

Some of those games, while still kusoge can be pretty good games once the players involved learn how to avoid all the bullshit.

I use Samurai Shodown 4 as a good example because the game is chock full of infinites, grimy stuff, and jank, and when you see it played even at a medium level, it looks retarded and kind of bad. But when you get two players who have put time into it, who know how to not put themselves into a situation where they can get got by infinites or whatnot, it's actually one of the coolest fighting games to watch.  MvC2 is another game like that.

I know most games aren't like those two, and to be able to play them competitively, you almost have to have etiquette, but I think there are some diamonds in the rough where kusoge games are concerned.

On 4/11/2023 at 12:37 PM, Sonero said:

James Chen started that shit of calling ST Kusoge.

Honestly sometimes James Chen just has to shut the fuck up. And I say that with all due respect.

Remember too that Chen was that one who started all that "If you've ever played a fighting game ever, even for just 5 minutes, you're PART LF THE FGC!" shit too. Dude needs to pipe down for good.

Edited by DoctaMario
1 minute ago, TWINBLADES said:

SF6 comes out in less than 7 weeks. TIC TOC TIC TOC

That's gonna be hype. Just as interesting is gonna be all the people used to batshit crazy movement getting them places.

18 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The fact that he doesn't see anything wrong with showing up speaks volumes. At least he posted this ahead of time so the TO can't just ban his ass from the event.

The dude has boys cosigning his decisions to go too. Realistically, there's no fucking way you can let the guy in that building right now. Friends with the TO or not, you're beyond caught on 4K being a menace to multiple women. Until there's some amount of therapy going on that lets me know you at least made an attempt to fix yourself, all you can do is bring heat to the TO and the tournament.