Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Reason #351  as to why Smash isn’t a fighting game.

Fair.   Why punish a zoner who's losing to a grappler whom can TOD you if she wants to stand at the edge of the skyscraper and review her life choices?

The icies player don't need any help here.   

A brief glimpse at twitter and it seems most of the scene is on the TO's case for that, but the TO is doubling down on his dumbfuckery.  (The tweet showing that TO's player record at 35% winrate, "this TO has no patience in anything" is hilariously on point tho) 

4 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

Feels a bit surreal if they actually unveil the game today, got so used to NRS debuting stuff at The Game Awards 

I am curious what direction they will go, since it feels like they took the previous direction (9-11) to its logical conclusion. They need a reset.

24 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I am curious what direction they will go, since it feels like they took the previous direction (9-11) to its logical conclusion. They need a reset.

Give  the MK11 story finale they can literally do anything they want with both the gameplay and the roster. Certainly has some interesting implications but also worrying in terms of what characters we'll see 

#PutSareenaInMK

35 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

Give  the MK11 story finale they can literally do anything they want with both the gameplay and the roster. Certainly has some interesting implications but also worrying in terms of what characters we'll see 

#PutSareenaInMK

I would presume given their trajectory, that this is when they delve into the 3D era characters starting with crap like Nitara and Drahmin, with the Dragon King being the boss of this new era. Recycle everything and whatnot.

I also meant that it needs a reset on the gameplay. The variation system, X-rays, and all that shitastic stuff they added in 11 needs to go IMO. Take it back to basics.

18 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I would presume given their trajectory, that this is when they delve into the 3D era characters starting with crap like Nitara and Drahmin, with the Dragon King being the boss of this new era. Recycle everything and whatnot.

I also meant that it needs a reset on the gameplay. The variation system, X-rays, and all that shitastic stuff they added in 11 needs to go IMO. Take it back to basics.

With a few exceptions, most MK fans seem to get zero fucks about 3D Era characters. Havok and Nitara are couple exceptions though. I liked Ashrah personally. She has this angelic appearance but she's really demon with a conscience. She hunted demons with magical dagger and sought to cleanse the realms of evil. I thought she was a cool concept. Moreso than Havok or Nitara personally. I don't have issue with Havok, he seems like a solid character. Nitara just seemed uninteresting to me. I expected a more interesting design from a MK vampire.

I want to get into MK series for quite some time, but if i'm perfectly honest here i really dislike the movement options in that game. 

It's weird to describe but  no matter what character i tried it feels like they walk like they are in a low gravity room. Distance covered does not match animation frames and pretty much "everyone" has some sort of yolo teleport or forward moving special to make up for it ( i believe it was mentioned by someone here before and i agree with it ). 

SF is not perfect, but the controls are so much more crispy than NRS games imo it's night and day. I hope MK 12 or Injustice 3 manages to iron this out because they are franchises i am interested in.

As far as characters go when it comes to MK i'm pretty much set because it so happens that the ones i like are pretty much main stays

• Males - Sub Zero is my favorite character in the franchise
  • Females - Mileena, Skarlet, Sindell  ( at least one of them will make it in eventually ) 
Edited by Skort

I mean, I think mk has badass characters, like in sf franchise there's only one demon type character (akuma) but in mk everyone is as strong as Akuma. But obviously mk has way more wiggle room as they can create any type of character because they come from netherrealm so their options are endless but in sf they have to be human so yea. 

58 minutes ago, Skort said:

It's weird to describe but  no matter what character i tried it feels like they walk like they are in a low gravity room. Distance covered does not match animation frames and pretty much "everyone" has some sort of yolo teleport or forward moving special to make up for it ( i believe it was mentioned by someone here before and i agree with it ). 

Yeah NRS games definitely feel “delayed” coming from games made by pretty much any other dev, and it’s extremely frustrating at first. 

The couple things I’ll say is that:

1. You get used to it

2. From my sample size, MK11 (in my opinion) feels way less bad with this than X and Injustice 2. It’s still definitely an NRS game, but to me it feels a bit more snappy. 

All that being said, I’m more open to NRS designs than others here because I appreciate it for being different even if I don’t think it’s better so, take my opinions with a grain of salt. 

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

With a few exceptions, most MK fans seem to get zero fucks about 3D Era characters. Havok and Nitara are couple exceptions though. I liked Ashrah personally.

Coming from someone who had extensive experience with all the 3D Era games 

Hsu Hao - wack. Just a generic evil Chinese/North Korean general design 

Mavado - sick, but they ultimately didn't do anything substantial with the whole Red Dragon vs Black Dragon plot, plus he stole the twin hooks from Cabal and his rubber moves suck 

Nitara - sick, new race, lots of pore to explore, cool design, gimme more 

Frost - literally female sub-zero, trash 

Bo Rai Cho - brought back for X, but way underutilised in the Earthrrealm vs Outworld dynamic, also get rid of the puking/farting, it's just silly now 

Drahmin/Moloch - wack, they're just Oni demons from Netherrealm, served no further purpose besides being Quan Chi's servants 

Kobra - wack, felt like a lame attempt at MK's own Ken Masters, but I do appreciate creating brand new Black Dragon members so E have somebody else besides just Kano since Jarek was so fucking underwhelming in MK4

Kira - literally female Kano, trash

Darius/Dairou - resistance members in the realm of Order which you'd think is supposed to be the good place as opposed to Realm of Chaos but Orderrealm is actually a fascist regime, so it's a great subversion. Characters need to be improved, but the foundation is solid 

Hotaru - sick, literally the leader of essentially a dictatorship despite the name of the realm he's from, has a great design, can serve both as an anti-hero and a good antagonist, bring him back 

Havik - by far the best character in this era. Awesome design, interesting moveset, can be expanded upon with a backstory, represents a Realm that has no other characters in the rosters of MK9-11, despite being kind of a dick he's also kinda chill and established a simple cult of followers embracing Chaos 

Ashrah - garbage design but super interesting concept that doesn't really has much to it and the entire development of her personal story happens offscreen. In the Netherrealm chapter of Konquest we meet her, she teaches us some fighting skills, then she approaches Ermac to finally free herself, and we don't see her at all until arriving to Edenia where she's just... An npc with a single challenge/mission fight. Wow. 

Onaga - fucking based. True emperor of Outworld, amazing design, fools a teenage boy to do his bidding for like 50 years and manipulating events around, and then returns like a boss. 

Shujinko - kind of a generic design, gets disrespected and written in a rather dumb/gullible way, but clearly has his own character, ideals and a moral compass, not to mention occasionally showing just enough sass like trolling Baraka. Redesign him and he's a great addition to the roster 

Li Mei - by far the saddest story in all of MK and arguably the character with most stakes and best motivation to be involved with the plot, even though she doesn't have much to do with the overall story of the three games. Really sucks she basically gets shat on in all of her endings, but damn her design in Deception was AWESOME. They kinda brought her back in X and.... Didn't do shit with her. Completely wasted, needs to be given a proper second chance 

Daegon/Taven - both fall a bit flat despite having an entire story and a game mode dedicated to them plus Daegon's design is a bit in the generic side (actually reminds me of Shap somewhat), but I did like Taven and how even though he's the protagonist of Armageddon, he's not exactly a "hero" hero and can be very selfish or egotistic, which is almost opposite to Shujinko. Wouldn't mind to see either of the two brought back but they need more of a Dante/Vergil dynamic IMO, like you don't even get to fight Daegon until the very end of Konquest 

1 hour ago, -PVL93- said:

Coming from someone who had extensive experience with all the 3D Era games 

Frost - literally female sub-zero, trash 

Chill Frost is my favorite character in MK11 😅

She is an ice character like Sub and has absolutely zero personality outside of hating him and being cocky. But in gameplay she has some of the most unique attacks in that game in both function and form. Turning her into a machine breathed a lot of like into the character. 

With that in mind I don’t think characters that were previously trash should be overlooked. NRS is good at diversifying their clones into cool, unique fighters. 

Kimberly's alt looks nice even if color scheme is basic af, but alt colors will fix that

Would love if at the event we will see all missing 1st alts (seems each char will start with 3 costumes like in SFV, default+2 alts)

So far we have Ryu, Ken, Chun, Guile, Cammy, Luke, Jamie and now Kimberly

Guess high chance also alt looks we seen for Manon and JP are their first alts

I'm really curious to see Ryu's nostalgia one in video, because on pictures looked bad 🥲

Btw vid make me keep my idea that DamnD will be our first Boss in World Tour, wich to some extent would symbolize our avatar will live an adventure comparable to young Cody in FF (DamnD was first Boss he fought too) making WT some sort of FF spiritual successor

Wonder if we will get DamnD playable or not

Compared to other FF bosses canon wise FF did'nt made him a skilled fighter, ingame relied just on being big and having lot of goons

But in FFR they gave him an actual moveset with some pro-wrestling stuff to make him credible as 1v1 fighter (stealing Blanka's rolling attack lol)

Guess considering capcom loves recycle some archetypes, if playable he could be there to be the Birdie of SF6, but hope if that's the case they come up with something original (Birdie had chains making him really unique) rather than have him just as brawler/wrestler as in FFR

Last, blue suit katana guy

https://i.ibb.co/drJqrRK/katana.jpg

is the same we see next to Retsu* in the cage stage, guess they will be both bosses/relevant NPC in WT too

28_retsu-breaker01.jpg

*while at it, found good pic of Retsu

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/7625a339-6189-4f68-ac33-3464032bfb75/dfh1ob5-c3b54932-8764-4977-b972-ccabe7a22880.png/v1/fill/w_1280,h_723,q_80,strp/retsu_street_fighter_6_by_musumem_dfh1ob5-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIzIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNzYyNWEzMzktNjE4OS00ZjY4LWFjMzMtMzQ2NDAzMmJmYjc1XC9kZmgxb2I1LWMzYjU0OTMyLTg3NjQtNDk3Ny1iOTcyLWNjYWJlN2EyMjg4MC5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.SGKUCCK75nGBGyj_zul1_wum3eMkByNz0Lo5VNvHm8E

Do people really care if " big names" host these events ? 

For me it's kinda whatever,though if I had a choice I would much prefer the actual devs to showcase the game ( not the people who got invited a while ago and just mashed every button they could ).

Edited by Skort
Just now, Skort said:

So people really care if " big names" host these events ? 

For me it's kinda whatever,though if I had a choice I would much prefer the actual devs to showcase the game ( not the people who got invited a while ago and just mashed every button they could ).

I don’t care normally but I love Lil Wayne so this is GOAT crossover shit for me. 

23 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

How the hell does Kim's very first alt costume look so much better and coherent than her default outfit 

Nah, this is nice but is just her being urban girl with hip hop/writers culture, have zero of her being there as Bushinryu rep, something that default look does perfectly

Like i said bunch of time ago when Kim was revealed, her default take A LOT from a Guy old SF4 alt that pushed hard on mix "Bushinryu look" with a more american/urban style, this one

https://www.siliconera.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/usf_summer_01.jpg

Wich imho works perfect for Kimeberly's concept

9 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

while at it, found good pic of Retsu

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/7625a339-6189-4f68-ac33-3464032bfb75/dfh1ob5-c3b54932-8764-4977-b972-ccabe7a22880.png/v1/fill/w_1280,h_723,q_80,strp/retsu_street_fighter_6_by_musumem_dfh1ob5-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIzIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNzYyNWEzMzktNjE4OS00ZjY4LWFjMzMtMzQ2NDAzMmJmYjc1XC9kZmgxb2I1LWMzYjU0OTMyLTg3NjQtNDk3Ny1iOTcyLWNjYWJlN2EyMjg4MC5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.SGKUCCK75nGBGyj_zul1_wum3eMkByNz0Lo5VNvHm8E

Shout out to cross eyed gold chain and watch old man Retsu keeping it real.

I find it funny how his character model is quite bad but clothes are surprisingly well detailed. I imagine it's possible this particular background model is made with the in-game character creator.

21 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

If the celebrity status is anything to go by sf6 about to be leaps and bounds better than sf5. 😂

Papa capcom out here throwing money around left and right. 

lil Wayne don’t care or know anything about street fighter but oh well get ya money lil duffel bag boy

Obviously he’s doing it for the bag but Street Fighter and FGs in general are really popular in hip hop.

Anecdotally Street Fighter is a top 5 most referenced game I hear in rap after Mortal Kombat, 2K, and maybe GTA. Chun-Li is easily the most common character I hear named dropped from SF…she’s up there with Kano and Sub-Zero for specific mentions.

43 minutes ago, Skort said:

Shout out to cross eyed gold chain and watch old man Retsu keeping it real.

I find it funny how his character model is quite bad but clothes are surprisingly well detailed. I imagine it's possible this particular background model is made with the in-game character creator.

He's definitely made with Character Creation tools, maybe having exlusive pieces clothes wise (hope not)

Cool detail is both gold chain and gold watch (and his uniform being ripped/badly keept... unless is just clipping lol), guess they want stick to the original idea Retsu being dirty corrupted man that was kicked out of the temple lol

34 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

The Japanese tweet called this Pre-release "biggest" information announcement  

Would be cool if we get teaser of missing Season 1 four, could be good to push people pre-order the version that include S1 (i did)

Need Ed to bring some boxing to SF6 as soon as possible... he's no Dudley and not even Rog, but at least for 2023 it is what it is lol

Edited by CESTUS III

So realistically what can they talk about for 30-35 minutes during this upcoming presentation next week? 

We already know the full roster, they made some breakdowns and live gameplay for every character thus far, we've seen all the stages and most of the World Tour gimmicks (surely they'll keep some things hidden until people get their hands on the game in June), we have extensive knowledge about the Battle Hub as well 

I guess it's going to be more of the available content / modes (there was something about a 2v2 iirc?) and the classic Capcom titles playable in the retro cab area of BH? 

And beyond that there's nothing except for Season 1 DLC characters and the alt costumes for remaining cast 

Edited by -PVL93-