Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

2 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

Evo Japan from what I watched was sick. It was cool as hell that they had a Garou tournament. Tekken trailers look amazing of course. Good time to be a fighting game fan. 

I was about to pop off if Nemo won it all with Gill.  Alas, it was not meant to be, but it was still one of the best SFV tournaments in a long time.  Chen, Ultra David and Yipes on commentary was a nice touch.  

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

https://eventhubs.com/news/2023/apr/02/sf6-modern-controls-legal/

This is an extremely dangerous step. I foresee Modern Controls becoming the standard for most players, and Classic controls being phased out in a few games or limited to only the most diehard players.

If u use modern controls on a hitbox thats what unlocks the ability for kano to do the sexality on sonya

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

https://eventhubs.com/news/2023/apr/02/sf6-modern-controls-legal/

This is an extremely dangerous step. I foresee Modern Controls becoming the standard for most players, and Classic controls being phased out in a few games or limited to only the most diehard players.

It will be the standard for casual players, but no tournament player in their right mind is going to use Modern Controls.

If anything I'd say the way forward will be how it is implemented now, as a choice. I doubt it'll ever be mandatory for legacy series like SF.

it's really a bad idea with all this hardware controller evolving, while having more version execution like 3 version instead of imposing a general standard. it like in a wrong timing because of hardware combining it with this would only cause confusion to noobs where they should invest to learn and be familiar with future sf or in other fgs. 

because  noobs are the reason they made 2 casual execution option/easy mode. they should have just done one

Edited by Shakunetsu
17 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Capcom really tryna make Luke the poster boy? A bland no charisma character that has no appeal at all? Fudge man no wonder tekken was going toe to toe in entrants and viewers the last couple of years.  

Honestly, I think them back porting Luke from SF6 to SFV was a mistake. I don't think the character would be as hated as he is now. 

Edit: @AriesWarlockThere was no announcement. They just sent out gifs of Cammy's Standing Medium Kick to satiate the masses 🙃

Edited by Darc_Requiem
42 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Capcom really tryna make Luke the poster boy? A bland no charisma character that has no appeal at all? Fudge man no wonder tekken was going toe to toe in entrants and viewers the last couple of years.  

thats the new head's new boy, i remember the time some sf3 fans hating SF2 and SFA character saying they can't move on and try something NEW. there you go they are given something new obviously not what they expected but for someone who understand how user feedback works i knew what likely coming

they pretend that sf2 & sfa was just an ordinary nostalgic game like other 90s retro game, instead they should had been more specific that they want the secret society and alex be the center focus of plot that would be the main protagonist.

but that likely wont happen other than being a sidestory on how alex would be resolve, it's all about the new which is luke, because the reality is that they are niche regardless how they try to reason, story enthusiast are niche and sf3 characters popularity are niche.

even if capcom change sf heads that doesn't guarantee alex,  unless that new heads genuinely like alex. even bringing back the og designers of alex doesn't guarantee they alex would be the flagship protag of sf because his design might be dated and might introduced something new instead that is more appealing for early teens of today

Edited by Shakunetsu
2 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Whatever they try, it’s still not going to outperform Raúl Juliá as Bison.

legend of chunli did some easter eggs but many is out of context or just put their as a insignificant reference poorly implemented scene.

sometime if they can't explain it properly and couldn't make sense, they should have skipped it in the first place,

like rose and bison lol, they should had that part leave into mystery

the only thing it did right is start starting small scale like juri sf4ova.

Just now, -PVL93- said:

Highly doubt Hollywood can produce something better than assassin's fist 

they could if they go small scale like it.

like focusing first on one or two central character and a small scale conflict instead of going on destroying all of shadaloo in just less than 3hr movie along with tons of backstory and training montage lol

Ryu and Ken's journey in SF One

Guile and Nash infiltrating Shadaloo

Gen and Akuma backstory

Cammy and Delta Red

Brace yourselves Hollywood's take on Shadaloo dolls and cloning

or a Bison origin story 

without even knowing the story you know it's gonna be disaster even you put the best writers and directors up to date

trying to explain that in a 10 minute exposition you know it's gonna be wreck

that's why its better to move away from an unfamiliar territory that even Capcom and story enthusiast don't try to rationalize, justify and conclude or would have a common majority head canon on those narrative

Edited by Shakunetsu
17 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

I always thought a movie about Final Fight would make for a good movie. It's a more straightforward n contained story than trying to piece together something from SF canon. 

Preferably by the guy who directed John Wick or the Raid. The Raid 1 was especially a beat em up game anyways 

the haggar casting was perfect in this fan film

don-frye.jpg

https://news.capcomusa.com/lets/browse/don-frye-totally-looks-like-mike-haggar

finalfightgets_2515793.png

Edited by Shakunetsu

If we are gonna get SF movies they need to be like the MCU. Have Shadaloo be a real scary threat and make Bison the Thanos. Personally I don't think it could work but if they do plan on doing some I hope they focus on Cammy, Guile and Chun. I feel like the implementation of Ryu will be the most difficult component because I don't know how you take a character that's essentially a not protagonist that can't speak English and make them compelling. I feel like he would have to be used sparingly. Outside of that they'll all be trash fires anyway so I guess go ham. 

13 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

poor Nash

the guy was supposed to be a live action version of the character named "Wallace" that was a Chunli sidekick like police partner in another SF anime

but likely in the minute changed and forced to be named Nash lol

the whole character role was kinda Wallace

so here we go another disaster like Carlos Blanka haha

MV5BMTAxN2I5ZDMtZmQwNS00YmFiLTg3YjYtNGIw

2 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

If we are gonna get SF movies they need to be like the MCU. Have Shadaloo be a real scary threat and make Bison the Thanos. Personally I don't think it could work but if they do plan on doing some I hope they focus on Cammy, Guile and Chun. I feel like the implementation of Ryu will be the most difficult component because I don't know how you take a character that's essentially a not protagonist that can't speak English and make them compelling. I feel like he would have to be used sparingly. Outside of that they'll all be trash fires anyway so I guess go ham. 

if they are going large scale like multi parts Chun and Guile are the perfect protagonist, this is something i always wanted for an sf2 series that i wrote in srk storythread

the goal is to find the man named Ryu before Shadaloo find him first

my other one was set in Alpha but it was Sakura as the protagonist instead.

Edited by Shakunetsu
5 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

Highly doubt Hollywood can produce something better than assassin's fist 

AF had the heart at the right place, first thing Hollywood usually lack

But AF also had limitations of what felt -regardless of high quality- a fan made product

If Hollywood somehow manage to have heart at the right place, they absolutely have a chance of crush AF, even if they will end up be less accurate here and there

Would really love if AF people will be somehow get involved, they're fervent fans and surely could help offer insight on how to please SF people and fit the series soul, but as much i liked AF that's about it

Another random consideration, whoever they cast better start roid today, SF sleveless world is'nt easy to fulfill lol

Like, one of first replies being "but CAST ANDREW KOJI AS RYU THO"

Googled it and dude would be good casting but today he's many hollywood roids away from be Ryu, give him some Avengers meds breakfast lol

7 hours ago, Maravilla said:

I believe this push will only be for year 1. They will forget these Luke and the other "kombat kids" soon after and shift focus back onto the IPs that actually sell.

Like there is NOTHING redeeming about Luke to me. But I am not their target audience with this one, they are going after the Tiktokers. If we have any Zoomers here perhaps they could enlighten us. 

-edit

This is so fucking ageist btw. 

Edited by Daemos
38 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I believe this push will only be for year 1. They will forget these Luke and the other "kombat kids" soon after and shift focus back onto the IPs that actually sell.

I think Luke is going to get Rashid kind of push

Big role in the story and people will warm up to him, yet will not necessary being perceived as main "hero"

This was posted by Nakayama

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FE7y0V0aQAAxEmh.png

-Rashid had big role in ASF, but was'nt main hero in the sense of get big final spotlight (Ryu did)

-Abel barely had a role in SF4 (kinda a shame, underrated af character)

-Alex is the only that sold the idea of legit be new hero and even beated Gill (if we want to believe it), yet got one-side wrecked by Ryu in his own ending. But even counting him as legit main hero of SF3 (i do), still is 1 out 3 in that pic to have took that role

I'm one of the few to not dislike Luke, i actually love we got an american dudebro MMA rep (something he does bit better in SF6), seems just SF fulfilling its duties of portray popular martial arts trends

But i think there's too much drama and whining about his -still not shown- relevance in SF6, my guess is he will have a role in help Ken in the main story and work as istructor of our CC in World Tour, but that's about it imho, doubt he's going to work as Boss Beater Anime Hero

Like most in story thread (guess you included) i find likely Ken will have the honor to punch JP main villain face, Luke is going probably to get a lesser secondary opponent... maybe Ed if he works for JP, lot of things would make them good rivals*

Young guys, similar size, punches as preference... Luke being more brawl/power/toughness, Ed being more technique/psychopower/smartness... we already have classic shonen match up formula right there lol

Bit like Rashid got his revenge duel vs FANG (even if bunch of people had chance to kick FANG face, still felt closest Rashid gone to have epic fight), without be involved in the clash with the final big bad guy

*another possibility would be cool if Marisa end up being a bodyguard/Sagat like figure for JP

Luke vs Marisa would be Modern MMA vs ancient Pankration, wich would be very cool concept (wich was considered as a theme present in Kengan manga, for Okubo vs Agito) 😄

Edited by CESTUS III
6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly, I think them back porting Luke from SF6 to SFV was a mistake. I don't think the character would be as hated as he is now. 

I think it was a stroke of genius!! 

What better way to generate hype and introduce their new star to the series by giving you a glimpse of the future??

The problem was they backed the wrong pony and made him so broke, even the pros had to switch from their mains just to deal.

Imagine this, Luke's hated because he's too good!! Let that wrap around your brain a lil!!

You have to understand, this was all done to cushion the blow to fans that they were moving the series not only chronologically forward, (about effing time) but it would no longer focus on Ryu and his arc, which they tied up nicely in SF5! You do remember what happened with SF3 which introduced the new face of Street Fighter right??

It was a fricking disaster and my poor boy Alex NEVER got the kind of  hype or respect CAPCOM was hoping for! It's kinda like how WWE is forcing Roman Reigns down our throats for years and saying "you gotta like this guy cause we say so" and everybody is like sure he's cool but where John Cena at?? Can't see him!

That's Luke right now! He's an acquired taste you hate to love.

10 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Bit like Rashid got his revenge duel vs FANG (even if bunch of people had chance to kick FANG face, still felt closest Rashid gone to have epic fight), without be involved in the clash with the final big bad guy

Then maybe JP was responsible for the bombing that killed Luke's dad years earlier. That way at least we can credit JP for doing something good. Next time he should aim better and get Luke as well.

The past decade at least we’ve been getting companies trying to cash in on making movies of whatever anime/video game and it’s almost never even close to decent.  The success of the Pokémon and sonic movie is gonna make it worse.

Ffs they just announced a Gran turismo movie as someone who’s played every gt game except the psp version I can tell you we don’t want that. We’d love polyphony digital to make a proper gt but anyways. 

PS- tekken 8 seems hype af. I doubt I have time to git gud but I’m liking what I’m seeing even though I’ve seen some hate amongst the hype from the vets 

6 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

AF had the heart at the right place, first thing Hollywood usually lack

But AF also had limitations of what felt -regardless of high quality- a fan made product

Literally all AF needed was a financial backup as they were obviously operating on a maybe six digit budget 

The choreography, music, shots, characters, all of that stuff was fantastic. Hell they even got Ono for a small joke. 

7 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I'm one of the few to not dislike Luke, i actually love we got an american dudebro MMA rep (something he does bit better in SF6), seems just SF fulfilling its duties of portray popular martial arts trends

My gripe about Luke is that he's a PMC. I was fine with his "modern Popeye who does MMA" gimmick until I found out he's a military contractor. I already had enough of all the military characters, but a mercenary is even worse. There's no such thing as a "good Rolento".

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
25 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

My gripe about Luke is that he's a PMC. I was fine with his "modern Popeye who does MMA" gimmick until I found out he's a military contractor. I already had enough of all the military characters, but a mercenary is even worse. There's no such thing as a "good Rolento".

This definitely the ugliest thing about him lol
"Sand Blast" indeed, ol blackwater ass

1 hour ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

For what's worth MMA side is what interest me in terms of SF cast being more "complete"

I'm indeed bit annoyed he have militar background (because we have already LOT of that in SF, even if is mitigated by very urban style), but i'm kinda tolerant because knowing MMA world i know specially in the USA MMA fans and US army fans are often same dude, plus see a MMA fighter who had past in the army feel familiar thinking figures like Brian Stann* or Tim Kennedy

As example UFC fan may easily be same super overweight dude who take a pic in his home garden with bulletproof tactical jacket and two rifles, so i can see the appeal of Luke done like that lmao

But what REALLY bother me is that i want Luke to have straight MMA fighter design (a la SFV) for SF martial arts theme also to fit MMA cage stage where Buckler (Luke's PMC) is even a sponsor, and i fear SF6 may miss that, at least on default 3, to follow militar bullshit

Deafult: we seen it. Is MMA, but more training in the gym attire rather than legit fight day in the cage

Alt1: we seen it too, it's the one with normal clothes and brown camo jacket

Alt2: i fear will be Udon's tactical one with bulletproof vest over a t-shirt

*who imho was used as possible inspiration for Guile SFV face lol