Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Cool video it’s nice to actually see the game played by pros even at day -xxx. How are these guys so good already? I do wish we could’ve seen some different characters tho I want to see some big body gameplay. 

Also it’s so nice to Juri in this game with her old dive kick and SF4 Supers/Ultras.

I've been thinking about this lately... I'm starting to wonder if the best option for SF6 tournaments would be Xbox. The Series S is less expensive, smaller, usually less latency for most fighting games, and gives legacy support for older Xbox PCB controllers. 

PS5 on the other hand is bulky, expensive, typically has worse input latency (running on both PS4 and PS5 mode), and requires users to have a PS5 PCB if the tournament decides to run PS5 version. (Which some have already decided to do.)

My stake in this is that I don't want to pay another $50 to use my stick on a console I don't own lol

11 minutes ago, elliephil said:

I've been thinking about this lately... I'm starting to wonder if the best option for SF6 tournaments would be Xbox. The Series S is less expensive, smaller, usually less latency for most fighting games, and gives legacy support for older Xbox PCB controllers. 

PS5 on the other hand is bulky, expensive, typically has worse input latency (running on both PS4 and PS5 mode), and requires users to have a PS5 PCB if the tournament decides to run PS5 version. (Which some have already decided to do.)

My stake in this is that I don't want to pay another $50 to use my stick on a console I don't own lol

99% of sticks and secondary controllers wont work on xbox

shifting burden of cost from TO on to the player to replace their hardware.

Plus the S is effectively just a PS4 pro, its a crippled console, its not a step forward in any real way.

1 hour ago, EvilCanadian said:

Brooks UFB works on them. I currently have a UFB and can't use it on PS5 unless I upgrade. My point being that everyone has to upgrade to PS5 or only a certain amount have to get hardware for Xbox.

Looks like there is a converter coming out soon at least.

Edit: I have no idea how many players are using Xbox compatible PCBs/converters, I'm just thinking how to avoid TOs from buying $800 consoles when there is a $300 option right there lol

Edited by elliephil
2 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

shifting burden of cost from TO on to the player to replace their hardware.

We already went through that song and dance in...2011?

Nobody died, PCBs were placed, every lived happy.

Was the super meter in SF6 ever discussed? I did not play the beta and I was watching the most recent developer matches. My understanding of it is this:

-Whiffs do not build meter

-Landing attacks build meter

-Getting hit builds slightly more meter than landing attacks

-Landing a super does not build meter

I'm not certain if drive meter attacks factor into building super meter. Does this sound accurate for the super meter system?

3 hours ago, Jurassic said:

Was the super meter in SF6 ever discussed? I did not play the beta and I was watching the most recent developer matches. My understanding of it is this:

-Whiffs do not build meter

-Landing attacks build meter

-Getting hit builds slightly more meter than landing attacks

-Landing a super does not build meter

I'm not certain if drive meter attacks factor into building super meter. Does this sound accurate for the super meter system?

Drive impact builds meter when it hits. It builds more super meter when it absorbs a hit from the opponent. Perfect parry builds a very small amount of meter. Drive reversals don't build meter from what I've seen so far. (Nobody uses it in most matches, seems kind of bad tbh.)

23 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Drive reversals don't build meter from what I've seen so far. (Nobody uses it in most matches, seems kind of bad tbh.)

Drive reversal seems a lot less important than Vreversal in 5 since everything in 6 is negative plus there's other defensive options like parry.  The only time I saw drive reversal was in that Honda/Lily match.  Honda used it against Lily's condor spire because it's + and she gets free pressure afterwards.  

On 3/25/2023 at 1:14 AM, Daemos said:

Those trash people pay the bills. Kage hasn't left the top 10 character usage more or less since release. Neither has Akuma - the original evil Ryu clone. People love them, so the best we can hope for is the MK solution, add them to the game and make them exceptionally unique and different from other clones.

I think if Necalli takes his cues from Venom or Shuma Gorath in MvC, he could easily come back in SF6 as a far more appealing and fleshed out character. I wouldn't want Kage to take the "spirit" slot in SF6. Necalli can be both the spirit and edgelord slot with a solid reworking.

But if we are going to have ANY shapeshifter in SF6, please let it be Twelve (Thirteen?). They could really REALLY  show off the engine with such a character.

Tbh laaaaaarge majority of them will "pay the bills" anyway

Sucking it up and playing Akuma or somebody else

But even if you REALLY need to please that crowd i prefer at least Capcom to step up and actually create new edgy characters with all new design/background etc rather than give them free pass to recycle crap

Kinda like Namco with Soul Calibur created ZWEI in SCV or even more Groh in SC6, they were pathetic edgy shit but at least were designed/created from zero, had their own unique style etc

Even if to be fair Namco was the same that in SCV made recycled crap like Omega Pyrrha (wich sounds like an ugly veneral disease lol) and Alpha Patroklos

Plus as Sonero said, recycled crap clones often cripple the development of original source chars because devs want keep room for another version

Edited by CESTUS III
4 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

But even if you REALLY need to please that crowd i prefer at least Capcom to step up and actually create new edgy characters with all new design/background etc rather than give them free pass to recycle crap

I agree with this. Necalli and Kairi (from SFEX2) are examples of trying to capture this crowd without going down the clone crap. 

If you are going to get Oni, Evil Ryu, or Violent Ken I hope they are nothing more than cosmetics for the base characters. They could be pricey cosmetics with their own unique vfx and sound but still purely cosmetic.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Fired up the demo real quick, St. Lk DR st.lp, st.mp xx EX joudan, HPDP xx Level 3 is a whole ass combo with Ryu and does a grip of damage.

Don't let that man can't you getting hit by a st.lk when he has a level 3.

😂

And he's getting all that off a st.LK.  Like Ryu in 5 also does a crapton of damage but he has to land like solar plexus to access it.  

3 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Drive reversal seems a lot less important than Vreversal in 5 since everything in 6 is negative plus there's other defensive options like parry.  The only time I saw drive reversal was in that Honda/Lily match.  Honda used it against Lily's condor spire because it's + and she gets free pressure afterwards.  

I read somewhere that it's 20 frame startup and -8 on block so seems extremely situational.

TBH I wanna say I've seen him tweeting dumb shit before so it shouldn't surprise. In general SF5 has had  some hilariously dumbfucky people rise up as pseudo personalities because of twitter.

Maybe I just wholesale assume that anybody playing Urien is kinda dumb. I don't know what to make of this. Everything about SRK and online FGC presence was about getting people to leave their damn homes. We get some people can't. That isn't the issue. Guys like this are the issue. Even in M:TG playing live is way better than at home.

Gotta thank the FGC elders for all this bullshit.

21 minutes ago, Sonero said:

The guy is from Florida. I can't quite quantify how fucking dumb that shit is.

Also LMAO I can't believe a local for you includes London, Leeds and fucking Manchester. I guess living in Texas and not knowing fuck all about UK geography does that to somebody.

European countries are small. They are like our states or smaller in some cases.

Nephew won the PAX east  tournament with Juri against Punk's Luke. He plays her really aggressive. 

Probably the most polished Juri gameplay i have seen so far in these early stages of the game. Seems the pushback she gets on her normals combined with the fuhajin release really allows her to steal a lot of turns and also chase down with drive rush effective.

Dude wont a laptop, good job.

Extra : Seems on his road to the finals he took down KnukleDu's Guile as well in the semi final.  This guy be cooking.

Edited by Skort
1 hour ago, Skort said:

Extra : Seems on his road to the finals he took down KnukleDu's Guile as well in the semi final.  This guy be cooking.

He seems like a natural at SF6.

👀

Also we gotta update the thread title. Suggestions anybody?

• Sonero changed the title to Street Fighter 6 Lounge: So how are these guys so good already...?

Ryu juggling into his QCB move, the short range palm hadou thing, is how he gets access to safe jumps. So if he juggles into it in the corner, he gets an easy auto timed one. Midscreen you get it from EX donkey kick. The LP and MP versions both juggle and give you different room for error. Nothing you can't learn just a tiny bit of manual timing.

18 hours ago, elliephil said:

I read somewhere that it's 20 frame startup and -8 on block so seems extremely situational.

I've heard it's grab invul so the point is likely to avoid playing grappler guessing games when they make you block plus frames (they will make you block plus frames this game) 

Seems useful enough to me

• Sonero changed the title to Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.
3 hours ago, Shahenzan said:

I've heard it's grab invul so the point is likely to avoid playing grappler guessing games when they make you block plus frames (they will make you block plus frames this game) 

Seems useful enough to me

We will see. I'm not entirely convinced until I see a full breakdown. Considering that most normals are safe on block, I'm not sure if beating throws using the drive meter is the best option.

Ok i had to  re-render this so i'm posting it again.

I made a wallpaper representing the canon ending of SF5. You know it to be true.

The-true-ending.jpg

Few things to note : 

• I know Poison was not in the final battle , but as i said , i like Poison, so i am biased and she joined the spot on the boat ! 
  • Double biased for having Juri , Poison and Laura in the front ( my favs ) 
  • Poison decided it's a great time to tell every joke she knows good and bad to Juri 
  • Juri is pissed off for having to hear Poison's jokes all the way to shore,but she lacks her trike that could go from Brazil to UK so she has to put up with it.
  • Laura is just happy to be there, she is always in a good mood.Given her electic powers , if she touches the water both Rashid and Birdie die.
  • Bison never dies so here he is rowing.He tried telling all that he could call for one of shadaloo's dropships but they didn't listen now here they are.
  • Karin is rich as hell so she gets her own ship while laughing at the rest.
  • Guile decided to go down with the ship instead of joining the crew with how crowded it is.Maybe its for the best, imagine the smell....
  • Nobody believes Illuminati exists so they forgot about Kolin but she made ( well, me actually ) a block of ice so she can float around.
  • Almost everybody on the ship wanted Rashid dead but he still hangin' 
  • Birdie can breath underwater apparently.
  • It's unclear if Cammy is giving  Bison a massage or she is just afraid of water ( she is kinda like a cat after all ) 
  • Ryu hates being in this scenario and does not speak to Ken that convinced him in the end to join the fight.They secretly play rock / paper / scissors though.
  • Mika and Ibuki put aside the "hate" and are just chillaxing 
  • Don't be fooled, Chun is legit holding a gun towards Bison, we just can't see it.
  • Nash got disenchanted in the ending but you just add water to the powder and he is back up ( roll the Kool-aid theme ) 
  • Vega never asked Karin to join but she didn't saw he is there.
  • Gief could probably row faster than Bison but he can't be bothered because still no green hand in SF6, so he is moody.

I should mail this to Capcom.

1 minute ago, Vhozite said:

You know it’s lore accurate when they got the only black character drowning

Nah he okay.

7 minutes ago, Skort said:

Birdie can breath underwater apparently.

Actually Guile risks that.

8 minutes ago, Skort said:

Guile decided to go down with the ship instead