Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, mykka said:

SRK was always the best place, and this is the best substitute.

I would hesitate to call this place a substitute. What made that place the best was its people, and thankfully many of those people migrated here after the Doom of SRK.

I do miss the influx of players that signed up before the arrival of a major SF game, it was organized chaos and brought with it some colorful characters over the years. I think for better or worse, Megashock is going to remain lowkey throughout SF6's time. But maybe that's better? We're a bit older from those days, so peace and quiet ain't boring anymore.

9 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

That said though I did the thing

this is first try not trying to game it, I have been blessed with better than average reaction speeds

spacer.png

Honestly just happy its still so good considering I turn 40 in a few months

That's pretty great dude

I'm 39 too, did 3 in a row, got slower results

Activity feed

Test   Date Score

Reaction Time 32 seconds ago

21/3/2023, 14:33:58

231ms

Reaction Time 2 minutes ago

21/3/2023, 14:31:54

228ms

Reaction Time 4 minutes ago

21/3/2023, 14:30:18

241ms

I noticed i've hard time stay focused lol, like first strikes are good then i do last ones more "mechanically"/slow

Btw jumping into 30s give huge strike to reflexes, noticed it a lot sparring

You get hit clean by slow shit that would have never touched you in your late teen/early 20s, even if good positioning habits, training movements and some experience on guess right mask it a lot

Sure body becoming less quick and heavier does'nt help, but feels it's truly the whole eye->brain->body shit to become slower lol

I remember MotoGP legend Valentino Rossi having an interview about how sucked the fact he could not properly do stuff he had in his head because reflex delay

Edited by CESTUS III
1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

CapcomBBS AKA Unity

was kinda decent in circa 2005 - 2010 before it kinda end up like Gamefaq 

Ask Capcom section was the best before because you get answer, from TAS, SVEN and SKIL sometime but they let go of it later on it because it a demand section

Yeah that was before my time tbh

53 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I would hesitate to call this place a substitute. What made that place the best was its people, and thankfully many of those people migrated here after the Doom of SRK.

I do miss the influx of players that signed up before the arrival of a major SF game, it was organized chaos and brought with it some colorful characters over the years. I think for better or worse, Megashock is going to remain lowkey throughout SF6's time. But maybe that's better? We're a bit older from those days, so peace and quiet ain't boring anymore.

I think its cause forums are no longer this "go to" place to discuss gaming and characters. I remember back in the SRK the character threads being full of people, then they began to dry up way before the site closed down. I dont think we'll ever see that kind of action again, and I'm fine with it tbh

29 minutes ago, mykka said:

Do you think season 2 DLC will start like usual, in early 2024, or do you think we'll have to wait a year, til summer 2024?

Definitely Feb/March 2024 with at least 6 characters released one by one every 6-8 weeks from then onwards: Boxer > Rainbow Mika > New Male Character > Sakura > New Female Character > Dictator.

38 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Definitely Feb/March 2024 with at least 6 characters released one by one every 6-8 weeks from then onwards: Boxer > Rainbow Mika > New Male Character > Sakura > New Female Character > Dictator.

You might be onto something with R. Mika. I've also read on twitter from someone who seems to be always chatting with Nakayama and he said Mika will return with Nadeshiko

8 minutes ago, mykka said:

You might be onto something with R. Mika. I've also read on twitter from someone who seems to be always chatting with Nakayama and he said Mika will return with Nadeshiko

All their names appear as graffities on the SF6 website + all the twitter talk with Nakayama. There's no smoke without fire. 

Also I dreamt about them appearing which just goes to show you that A) This is definitely true B) I'm too hyped for SF6 that I think about it in my sleep. Only SF can do this to me as an adult man.

Edited by Daemos
22 minutes ago, Daemos said:

All their names appear as graffities on the SF6 website + all the twitter talk with Nakayama. There's no smoke without fire. 

Also I dreamt about them appearing which just goes to show you that A) This is definitely true B) I'm too hyped for SF6 that I think about it in my sleep. Only SF can do this to me as an adult man.

Where did you get the 2 new character info though? People will be very pissed about 3rd Strike being left off. Its time for Dudley not Boxer

Edited by mykka
6 minutes ago, mykka said:

Where did you get the 2 new character info though? People will be very pissed about 3rd Strike being left off. Its time for Dudley not Boxer

Oh I filled that part in myself. It could be anyone really. But the other 4 are all on the website along with Ibuki. They could include Ibuki and then add 1 new character in S2.

Also think Boxer and Dudley could both make it in. One does not exclude the other necessarily. Look at how many shotos there are.

14_hans.webp

Edited by Daemos

@EvilCanadiangot what he wanted lmao I think someone at Capcom is looking out for the homie.

Honda might have a top 5 level 3. The idea of dragging someone around to create the sumo ring is a stroke of fucking genius. Lilly doing drive rush into CG looked really nice. I know it's not super big brain but that's definitely gonna make people salty online lmao

3 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

I know I asked this before but I think I either missed the reply or didn't understand lol, but you guys mention "level 3 super", does that mean that there's a level 1 and a level 2 super also? 

Yes. All the characters have a level 1, 2 and 3 super. The level 3 super becomes something akin to an ultra when your down to 25% health. 

I’d imagine Hondas input for hundred hand slap is the same which sucks…because I suck at doing it lol. 

I’m going to have to learn to decently play charge characters because so far they’re the characters I wanna play, even if I hate the gorilla look for blanka.

PS- if those characters are the ones coming for s2 they are fumbling the dlc bag. We need Dudley and makoto and of course Laura

Edited by Illwill88
On 3/20/2023 at 7:16 PM, ToreyBeans said:

So I watched AutoMattock on reacting to DI, which sparked a thought... Am I gonna be ready for it during week one or am I gonna have to work on my reactions a bit more? According to him, DI from at least Ryu is 26 frames. I went to Human Benchmark to check my raw reaction speed: it's 271 ms. Divide that by 16.67 ms and I'm sitting at about 16 frames. My fastest time which seemed like a fluke was half of that at 8 frames. During the betas I wasn't so ready because I needed to train my reactions and have more consideration towards the mental stack of new mechanics in general. Maybe I'll have it down in the next beta? So, how's your raw reaction speed...? 

yeeeeahhh, about that.  

I'm 48 almost 49, and got over 300ms more than half the time.  😞  I did three sets of five to "warm up".   I'm on desktop not mobile so I know a touchscreen delay ain't an issue. 

But honestly,

It isn't the slower reactions that really cook me in FGs.  It's memory, and memory recall.  In combos and blockstrings I have issues remembering "what comes next".   So the combo drops or I'm too slow to change from low block to high.

That said, we all age and fall apart in different ways.  Maybe you'll be blocking overheads into your 60s but have lots of trouble with your bones, or whatever.   

I have my mother's (lack of) memory.  🙄