Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

9 minutes ago, JustBooming said:

Such a tiny detail, but I love how the camera can't find Cammy for a second when she fucks off after winning. 

Plus literally Cammy kicks the camera man for trying to track her and that's why perspective shifts to the camera looking up at her at the end. I guess the camera man is going to go back to the Summer Olympics where it's safe.

32 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Just had a looksee of this myself!! A lot of cool stuff in this match especially Cammy's Critical Art. Damn that's a cool CA!!!

I always thought Manon's LVL.3 was a Command Throw like Gief but it's clearly a Hit Grab! She's got Idom written all over her!

5 minutes ago, Counterstrike said:

Just had a looksee of this myself!! A lot of cool stuff in this match especially Cammy's Critical Art. Damn that's a cool CA!!!

I always thought Manon's LVL.3 was a Command Throw like Gief but it's clearly a Hit Grab! She's got Idom written all over her!

Actually, it's not her CA. It's her level 3. The CA was in Cammy's reveal trailer.

20 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Ok does manon have any special moves? Geez newcomers looking pretty bland, just like Luke. 

1) Manon is the new grappler of the game, so she isn’t going to have many flashy moves outside of command grabs. I’m pretty sure all the moves that has swan feathers following her are specials.

2) Fuck you. How dare you speak about the future of Street Fighter like that?

048B6C97-BFBF-4C43-B912-951FEE6CBB44.gif

10 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

I guess I just want to see mk type characters, characters that you know throw fireballs, set traps, just like rocket raccoon! 

3) Sounds like you would be interested in JP. He can set traps which he can also use as teleports and throw out a bunch of shit. This is the only good gameplay he has put now.

9 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

1) Manon is the new grappler of the game, so she isn’t going to have many flashy moves outside of command grabs. I’m pretty sure all the moves that has swan feathers following her are specials.

2) Fuck you. How dare you speak about the future of Street Fighter like that?

048B6C97-BFBF-4C43-B912-951FEE6CBB44.gif

3) Sounds like you would be interested in JP. He can set traps which he can also use as teleports and throw out a bunch of shit. This is the only good gameplay he has put now.

I thought the new grappler was that big lady Marisa? 

Cammy looks like she has lots of carryover from SFV, which is fine with me because I really like her in that game. Her level 3 super is probably my favorite so far.

Manon is a cool idea I want to love but right now for me she has the Chun-Li problem where some of her poses and animations look a bit awkward. It’s jarring because her good animations (like her parry) are top notch so it jumps out at me when something looks off. She’s still one of my favorite newcomers tho!

4 hours ago, Maravilla said:

I thought the new grappler was that big lady Marisa? 

Marisa is mostly a striker, she pass 90% of her life punching things 

She seem to have only 1 special wich may seem a throw, and even that in reality is more a counter to strikes with grappling animation

Time will tell of course but Manon's medal system might be the first comeback mechanic done right. You don't get the buffs automatically as you have to actually land throws to power it up, but if you do so she'll be a real threat in round 3. Will be interesting to see how to go about balancing this. I hope she's not awful without any power-ups but it doesn't look like it so far.

26 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Protect charge characters please! Use multiple twitter accounts if you must. Keep charge characters safe from “modern” controls! 

yup, they are losing one exceptional aspect why charge character exist, sooner or later they fall upon shoto like gameplay just minus the tatsu

8 hours ago, Maravilla said:

I guess I just want to see mk type characters, characters that you know throw fireballs, set traps, just like rocket raccoon! 

Yeah, hard pass on that one. I don't need SF characters ending up like Sonya. Sonya's Energy Rings used to be her ability. Now they come from technology. I remember when people thought Rashid's wind power came from his back pack. It would be the case in MK. I already have a disdain for C.Viper's whole "I need a power suit to fight at high level" aesthetic. 

50 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I already have a disdain for C.Viper's whole "I need a power suit to fight at high level" aesthetic. 

I’m ok with it as a one-of thing for C. Viper, but otherwise I agree. I like that SF characters mostly do things themselves. Even the few characters who do use weapons/tools have other moves to show off their supernatural fighting abilities. 

Edit: I actually think it would be cool if they brought her back but gave her a couple small moves not using her weapons. Show her picking up some skills from hanging around all these real fighters.

Edited by Vhozite