Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

I'd 

5 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

What do you guys think about SF5 newcomers getting into 6?  Personally I'd like to see Menat, G, and Lucia make it in at some point.  I know the odds aren't great on Lucia but the other two have a decent shot I think.  

I know Seth technically is a SFIV character but I'd love to see SFV's version of Seth come back. 

19 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

What do you guys think about SF5 newcomers getting into 6?

I would love to see Menat, G, Kolin, FANG, Zeku, and Akira. I could absolutely see the first two coming in at some point. They were both hits even if Menat had a low play rate. I think Kolin has a decent chance, but I could see them making new Illuminati characters to put in. FANG has definitely been replaced by AKI. Unfortunate yet completely understandable. I don’t see Zeku coming back with Kimberly being the Bushinryu function. Maybe as a NPC. Outside of Smash, I can’t remember any guest character coming back in the following game. It would be easier to do since Capcom owns Rival Schools, but I don’t see them bringing Akira back.

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

What do you guys think about SF5 newcomers getting into 6?  Personally I'd like to see Menat, G, and Lucia make it in at some point.  I know the odds aren't great on Lucia but the other two have a decent shot I think.  

Laura, G ( because I want to see the connection to Q), and that’s probably it for me. I wanna see redesigns of some of the older characters that didn’t make it in sfv. 

G, Seth, Laura. I would say FANG as I really enjoyed the character’s gameplay but I feel AKI killed him.

Think SF5’s new characters were the most instantly memorable as a group since probably SF2. Now SF6 comes up with this new cast and they totally dethroned them even before release.

So I would be down for more NEW characters (like another 4-6 on top of the current 8 - includes Luke) as long as they are not “apprentice” types. 

5 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Ed - Already in

Rashid - Already in

Laura - A Nakayama's favourite, sex sells, popular, we deserve to see all that bouncing stuff in new engine

Menat - Universally loved waifu, given her SFV young apprentice role SF6 timeskip may develop her in interesting ways, Egypt good for World Tour concept

G - Very very popular and he just begun his arc, lot still to do

Seth - SFV gave it birth but still did'nt done much with him/her, plus SF6 LOVE replace male fighters with waifus. Don't like the char but may have good chance

Kolin - 50/50, if Gill/Secret Society will be involved in SF6 great chance we will see her beautiful butt return, if not her chances drop. Hope she's in, cool char

FANG - Another 50/50, AKI may be the link to pull him in SF6... or may be his death as main cast char, he may become story NPC

Zeku - Loved char and may play a role in Metro City context, but Kimberly may kill his chances. Plus we have Guy who skipped SFV and is Kimberly's Master, having maybe a stronger link to SF6

Akira - All depend if as stylistical choice in their mind RS guest was one-shot gimmick or if they're ok with do it again. She seems loved btw

Lucia - Forgettable character, bu may have some chances due Metro City thing. I doubt btw. Become NPC may be her thing

Kage - Wish i could put this crap of character in red group (and story wise it should), but capcom teached me to never understimate their ability to waste slots on eviledgy crap

Necalli - SFV was the time to make him shine (he could have been good villain) but they fucked up. Strongly suspect SF6 will move on as if he never existed, wich is a shame

Falke - Mediocrity incarnate, even if waifu nobody care, JP already is Stick+PsychoPower character, my guess is NPC in Ed story is her place

Abigai - Terrible chara design/development, plus everybody hates him... also story hint superior character Hugo will jump in with Poison and get that SF6 Giant Slot. SF6 have his garage as location but may be an NPC/Boss for WT mode

Eleven - So dead that was replaced by a more evolved version 24 years ago

Edited by CESTUS III

I honestly completely forgot about Akira lol.  Wouldn't mind seeing her back she was a unique character with flashy stuff like those slow motion rival schools air combos.  Think they could a lot of cool stuff with her in 6.

Laura is interesting too but I feel like there are already a lot of female command grab characters that kind of fit her function.  Down the road maybe....

Edited by HeavensCloud
3 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Laura is interesting too but I feel like there are already a lot of female command grab characters that kind of fit her function.  Down the road maybe....

I never liked Sean but I think doing him justice with a solid balanced remake after what happened after 2i would probably make the 3S crowd happy. He’s also a Ken fanboy so he probably wants to show up for his idol while they are in trouble.

I know it's not the same playstyle and toolset but I feel like Manon currently fills the space that Laura occupied early in SFV. If she comes back it'll probably years down the line, similar how they only added Sakura and Sagat when there was enough diversity in V to not overwhelm the playerbase with shoto archetypes.

But I'd rather have some characters back that skipped V to be honest, first and foremost Makoto, who I think could look phenomenal in this engine as a slightly older version of herself.

I like the Makoto fanbase as they are very loyal but if I’m being honest there are cooler SF3 characters to bring back.

Alex gained a lot of popularity in the last seasons of SF5.

Twelve and/or Necro would be ridiculous in the new engine.

Dudley, Q, and the obvious one: Urien.

If we talk about aesthetic diversity, think age is important. Having too many of the 15-25 group is boring af.

Edited by Daemos
9 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Menat's feet in RE Engine will break the Internet

Rashid is already confirmed so that's another tick. G definitely needs to come back. Maybe Kolin if they expand on her ice mechanic. The rest can get bent. 

4 hours ago, Neclord said:

Would like to see Laura coming back of course, since she was my main in SFV.

Other new characters I wouldn't mind returning:

Menat, G, Falke, Kolin

I'd be surprised is Laura didn't show up. Hearing Nakayama's comments on Laura shows that he's a fan of the character. Cody, Laura, and G are the characters I think will show up for certain. Nakayama and Matsumoto wanted Cody on the base roster. G showed up in SFV after the two of them where in charge, so  his push to prominence was under their direction.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
15 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

I’d say the more popular ones have a good shot. Capcom has showed willingness to dive into 5 for the roster since we have Rashid and Ed already confirmed. 

I’d say Laura, Menat, and G have the best odds. 

Edit: The ones I actually want back are Laura and Kolin. Don’t care for the rest.

Edited by Vhozite

@Daemos

So SF6, what is it like playing it?

I played an hour and some change worth of games with somebody who knew how to play. I was on Ryu, they were on Chun.  From the jump, walking feels good. Sometimes it seems that Japanese devs have lost sight that hitting forward on a stick should feel good. It comes back in this game.  Moving forward and hitting a button feels like you did something good. In SF5 there were a lot of instances where through a combination of walkspeeds, weird hitboxes/hurtboxes, a lot of character felt like walking and hitting a button was ass. This was never the case in any of the games from the start.

It is also the case that every button I hit felt good. On Ryu you have a reason to use st.lk, cr.mp, cr.mk, st.hp and occasionally st.hk. There are merits in terms of start up/recovery/distance on all of those buttons at any given time. During footsies you feel like you are making actual choices. SF5 kinda had this but it just felt bad. Maybe because so many buttons were bad pokes. One thing that does make all buttons have some type of merit is the punish counter situation (this adds to the situation with all buttons feeling good part).

Small aside to the previous part; in SF5 i couldn't shake the feeling that the characters weren't proportionately displayed on screen. Something about the actual size of the characters, the stage and the camera maybe being a bit too zoomed out just always made that game feel visually wrong. SF6 does not give me that feeling. Which is something subtle, but it could be affecting why the touchy feely part of a new game seems different here.

The neutral part of things. Well they feel good. I had good walkspeeds and buttons, my opponent had good walkspeeds and buttons, fireballs had a good speed to them, things feel good. The interesting parts of footsies is that we're back to an SF2 situation more than a 3S one. In 3S you could do single button hit confirms. You are not doing that in this game ever. If somebody canceled into super, they meant it. Which means that Punk's playstyle of "I throw this low commitment button you can't whiff punish and murder you if you get hit and I react" basically doesn't exist from the games I played. Whether you like this or not is personal, I was not a big fan of it so doesn't bother me. It also means that you have to be a bit more careful with your pokes and on point with buffering properly.

The buffer situation is interesting too. Because you can buffer both Drive Rush, specials and supers, you're looking to do different things while midscreen. Each of those has some type of function, benefit and different executional requirement. The buttons you can special cancel from are the ones you can DI from too so just using your regular normals comes with some thought. A lot of buttons that are great pokes aren't special cancelable (for example Guile is not going to do cr.mk xx Drive Rush thank fucking god) so there are real considerations to how you approach footsies. not being able to yolo a normal and cancel into v-trigger is also something you don't notice while playing but you walk away from remember how dumb that situation was in retrospect. So the idea that somebody will sweep at random for free is virtually gone (Rip Young Zeku slide VTC my precious 😭 ).

I'll post later my impressions on a lot of other parts.

7 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Lol sounds like SF6 is good simply because it’s not like SFV in multiple ways

Its doing some stuff different. But those things make the midscreen playtime feel a lot better. Most of the people here are going to remember SF5 gameplay more than ST/A2/3S/SF4 so its easier to draw comparisons to the previous game than other stuff people aren't as familiar with. Since it gives the impression better place to anchor the differences.

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

Oh shit, it is on Steam. Gonna buy it and see what's up.

Omen of Sorrow is EXTREMELY not bad. Its deceptively kusoge. 

I'm still pretty salty you have to unlock the coolest character by doing some annoying situational thing in arcade mode tho. By the time I unlocked him no one was playing online 😢

1 minute ago, Jocelot said:

Omen of Sorrow is EXTREMELY not bad. Its deceptively kusoge. 

I'm still pretty salty you have to unlock the coolest character by doing some annoying situational thing in arcade mode tho. By the time I unlocked him no one was playing online 😢

You have the game on PC? Maybe we can play.

I'm trying to make sense of how combos work. But things feel super funky so far. The fact that the mummy character can't jump forward is either clever, hilariously or a clusterfuck. I can't tell which one it is. 😂

@Sonerothank you for your insights. From watching the game, it's hard to infer how it feels. SF5 felt a lot slower but watching others play felt much faster and impactful. I'm glad they've shifted the focus back to these fundamentals because something as simple as walking or jumping makes a huge difference.

I personally don't think any of the 3D games so far have really captured the "feeling" of walking and jumping that 2D Capcom games had if that makes sense. I hope SF6 gets it more right.

23 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

I personally don't think Kolin is coming back. I'm not much of a character or archetype loyalist so this isn't a massive deal. However I think Kolin solidified a style of game play that I think works for me. Her VT1 carries allot of utility and her VT2 during it's prime was bar none the most powerful VT in the game. Just because of her gimmick and the fact that stun doesn't work like how it does in past SF titles she would need  a massive rework. But damn I would love to see what she would look like with the new art style. I think G/Menat are the next most obvious returns. I don't think Akria is coming back but I hope they save that guest spot for Kyosuke lmao

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Abigail

Your post was reasonable except for this. 

Everything gameplay related about that character was 100% terrible, and release Abi was legitimately the worst version of the game.

This character should never see the light of day again unless Capcom invests time to make it so fighting him doesn’t feel like complete cancer. 

Edit: I’m genuinely surprised anyone could think getting whiff punished from half screen because the opponents car sized arm has no hurtbox from the shoulder down is healthy gameplay.

Real shit I actually think less of you as a person for wanting Abigail back lol.

Edited by Vhozite
22 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

I honestly completely forgot about Akira lol.  Wouldn't mind seeing her back she was a unique character with flashy stuff like those slow motion rival schools air combos.  Think they could a lot of cool stuff with her in 6.

Tbh i don't care about Akira at all, on other side would like steal her moveset stuff for character creation

But tbh there are so many other girls i would prefer to see jump in... Elena, Laura, Kolin, Menat, Makoto, Ibuki, R.Mika

22 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Tbh best way would be push her in as rival of Manon, with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu vs Judo thing going on

Would make them being both female grapplers not redundant but the actual gimmick of their rivalry

Even style wise their grappling would be pretty different, Manon is mostly focused on pure throws(+ballet gimmick), while Laura would be more on rolling and broke boners bones (+electricity gimmick)

Btw not sure about "a lot" of female grapplers, beside Manon every other female seems mainly a striker type of char... some may have a command grab of some kind, but still they're mainly strikers

6 hours ago, Daemos said:

I really like Kolin. Having an ice character like this was a very pleasant surprise. I hope she comes back, but I'm not sure when.

Kolin is awesome, and her existence also make Gill better char/Boss

Actually they should just do what we said 99 times and just add fire-half servant too, somebody violent and wild as much as ice-half Kolin is cold and calculating

19 hours ago, Daemos said:

I never liked Sean but I think doing him justice with a solid balanced remake after what happened after 2i would probably make the 3S crowd happy. He’s also a Ken fanboy so he probably wants to show up for his idol while they are in trouble.

Tbh is possible SF3 is going to get not many characters in SF6, there's so much better stuff they can pick rather than Sean

19 hours ago, delete_me said:

But I'd rather have some characters back that skipped V to be honest, first and foremost Makoto, who I think could look phenomenal in this engine as a slightly older version of herself.

Imho Ikeno got it

Nessuna descrizione della foto disponibile.

Would need some adjustments to work as good redesign, but vibes are the right ones

But give me at least as nostalgia alt her SF3 look with large karate gi,  long sleeves were a big visual point to distance her from pseudo karate charactes (shotos)

38 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

The secret Capcom doesn't want you to know

Lily use THE LIFEBAR as stepstone to dive lol

22 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Tbh i don't care about Akira at all, on other side would like steal her moveset stuff for character creation

The problem with Akira is that I love her as a character, but her Bājíquán is shared with Yun, Yang and (under the false name "Kanzuki-ryū") Karin. They had to rework a lot of her old moves in order not to make her redundant. After all, they all take inspiration (as do ALL the FG characters who use Bājíquán) from the same manga, and Akira is a particularly egregious case.

22 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Actually they should just do what we said 99 times and just add fire-half servant too, somebody violent and wild as much as ice-half Kolin is cold and calculating

Not sure how a "violent and wild" servant would be well accepted by Gill though, let alone Urien... who's another violent and wild villain, even if relatively controlled. As much as it would be funny to see them clash, lol.

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
1 hour ago, TWINBLADES said:

Cap-Jams will save the SF6 OST. 

100%. Terayama who's on the bass is composing the music. I mean it can't be a bad thing, given that Luke's theme in the teaser is pretty good right?? And for those who ain't feelin the SF6, I'm almost certain we'll get remixed classic themes.  BTW, that 35th anniversary concert was fantastic. Makes me wonder if an album for it drops soon...

24 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

The problem with Akira is that I love her as a character, but her Bājíquán is shared with Yun, Yang and (under the false name "Kanzuki-ryū") Karin. They had to rework a lot of her old moves in order not to make her redundant.

Yeah writing that was exactly thinking all Akira utility would have been become material to recreate Yun (Akira mixed with Jamie and maybe a bit of Chun i think could work well) 😄

24 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Not sure how a "violent and wild" servant would be well-accepted by Gill though, let alone Urien... who's another violent and wild villain, even if relatively controlled. As much as it would be funny to see them clash, lol.

Was thinking as long is loyal to him, Gill would love somebody polar opposite of Kolin... some sort of ferocious dog that only ask an order to burn and destroy shit 😄

My guess is if Gill appreciate Kolin style, given his nature for balance he appreciate also the opposite type of servant (and would gift him/her fire) with equally fucked up past

I would see them as a trio working similar to Bison with his sub-bosses... Kolin at his left, fire servant at his right, both being essentially extensions of him and tools with different uses

Urien would be a separated thing in my vision, to not be counted as a Gill servant/sub boss, not even in same group

But yes, Urien would love to stomp fuck up a Gill's fire servant, even just for the bitter satifaction of broke his brother's toys 🤣

Think how careful and submissive Kolin was around him 24/7 in ASF, an hot head scrappy asshole would be constantly one mean look away from death lol

Edited by CESTUS III