Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

23 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

I hope MK12 carries on with the MK11 mindset, but just finds a better balance.

Yeah I hope it’s closer to 11 than X, my gripes are more with the variation system and later the custom variation system. It was so lazily done I’d need much more effort put into it for 12 or they just need to ditch it.

So many examples of one variation being clearly better than another, banned moves, unallowed combinations, moves that are completely worthless trash, moves than are just objectively worse versions of base kit tools, etc. Like the idea of the system is great but the execution is SO bad.

Edit: I don’t want another lifecycle of decisions like:

* Jade’s best move not being in any preset variation

* Kitana’s Edenian Fade being one of the worst special moves in FG history

* 95% of Mileena and Kotal players running the same load out because everything else is terrible

* Skarket’s best move being banned

* Like 1/3rd of Frost’s custom moves sucking because setup moves aren’t allowed to be good. 

Edited by Vhozite
1 hour ago, Jocelot said:

I can honestly say I enjoyed NRS' MK 'trilogy' a lot. I played a lot of MK9, X and 11 and I think overall as a fighting game I liked MK11 the most.

MKX was the most hype but also the most bullshit. So many weird interactions and setplay situations that left you in situations that you literally had to guess, and a lot of it was just baked into the game. Like Erron Black's infamous 21122 string or literally anything Alien did.

I appreciate MK11 for trying to make a more "honest" game with less 50/50 situations and less juggles that do half your health into another unavoidable mixup. If anything I think MK11 went to far in the other direction and gave the player too many options when under pressure, it made it hard to mindfuck an opponent you had against the ropes. 

I hope MK12 carries on with the MK11 mindset, but just finds a better balance.

Honestly and I'm not sure how others feel, I wish they'd ditch variations. They seemed cool at first but ultimately you end up with one go to variation for each character. Just make a single version of each character with a more expansive move set. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Variations feel too much like "we really don't know how to make one cohesive moveset so here's all this bloat that we came up with divided up".

I wish NRS would stop making FGs and do action games. Beat'em ups where you have a bunch of move to style on mooks are such an underrated genre of gaming. Seems like its what they want to do but they just force things to be FGs.

Like if NRS did Dynasty Warriors style games with the MK cast... God that would be so sick.

7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Variations feel too much like "we really don't know how to make one cohesive moveset so here's all this bloat that we came up with divided up".

I wish NRS would stop making FGs and do action games. Beat'em ups where you have a bunch of move to style on mooks are such an underrated genre of gaming. Seems like its what they want to do but they just force things to be FGs.

Like if NRS did Dynasty Warriors style games with the MK cast... God that would be so sick.

Something like Assasins Creed or God of War but with a big cast you could choose from? Does sound like a dope game. 

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm not okay with guest characters period. MK has an expansive universe with tons of characters. There are characters that haven't been in MK game in decades. Yet they keep wasting slots on guests. How about they make Mortal Kombat that has....wait for it...Mortal Kombat characters. Guest characters are the equivalent of a "cheap pop" in pro wrestling at this point. 

I have no idea how many times I gotta say it but the guests overwhelmingly outsell the regular cast DLC

MKX Jason and Predator outsold every other DLC character combined.

Fans vote with their money, and they keep voting for guests. More people would rather see Jason return in MK12 than reptile.

*edit*

Its not like the core cast isn't catered to anyways, MK11 had basically everyone important in it by the end(no 3d chars are not important), but guests are proven insanely successful in basically every game. Its exciting and people like it.

Edited by EvilCanadian
1 hour ago, EvilCanadian said:

I have no idea how many times I gotta say it but the guests overwhelmingly outsell the regular cast DLC

Fans vote with their money, and they keep voting for guests. More people would rather see Jason return in MK12 than reptile.

*edit*

Its not like the core cast isn't catered to anyways, MK11 had basically everyone important in it by the end(no 3d chars are not important), but guests are proven insanely successful in basically every game. Its exciting and people like it.

Which literally has nothing to do with @Shakunetsuasking us for our opinions on guest characters. Unless I missed something, he didn't ask us if guest characters sell.

29 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

What does Jamie get when he drinks the alcohol or whatever it is? Does he power up? 

It opens up his moveset up. At level 4 he gets a crazy ass combo ender that does a brolic amount of damage for what it is.

7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

It opens up his moveset up. At level 4 he gets a crazy ass combo ender that does a brolic amount of damage for what it is.

Oh, that sounds cool as hell. Does he have to wait to level 4 or can he do other things at 1,2,3 levels? 

Edited by Maravilla
4 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

Because they are idiots and not real MK fans. Reptile is one of the most awesome characters in FG history. The first secret character ever. He should’ve been in 11 but we got more cashgrabs like Spawn.

MK12 sucked on so many levels. It’s indefensible. MK9 was the last truly great MK game.

26 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Because they are idiots and not real MK fans. Reptile is one of the most awesome characters in FG history. The first secret character ever. He should’ve been in 11 but we got more cashgrabs like Spawn.

MK12 sucked on so many levels. It’s indefensible. MK9 was the last truly great MK game.

Funny cause I am the most real MK fan in existence and id rather Jason, who has one of the most fun movesets in NRS history show up again rather than Reptile, who they stopped caring about in the early 2000s as a character.

25 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

Funny cause I am the most real MK fan in existence and id rather Jason, who has one of the most fun movesets in NRS history show up again rather than Reptile, who they stopped caring about in the early 2000s as a character.

That's nonsense. Reptile played and looked great in MK9 and MKX. Easily his best appearances in the series. Complete and utter NONSENSE.

You've lost your head (in a non-MK way) and have fallen for their Hollywood glam. All that glitter and jazz blinds you from the truth.... That to MK, Jason is a money maker, but to Jason, MK is just another thing he killed along the way.

edit- SF6 FOREVER! FUCK EVERYONE ELSE! YEAH!

Edited by Daemos

I mean.., I see both y'all points, reptile is an og, he was there since mk2 I think and he does have fans, but honestly he's not on the level of scorpion,sub,raiden,etc. while dlc like predator and Jason probably were used 10-1 over reptile in mkx so yea I declare it a tie! 

23 hours ago, Sonero said:

I always saw it as a way for characters to be able to deal with different matchups without having to switch to someone else for counterpick reasons. Like you can use another variation for some matchups where your preferred one doesn't do as well, which I like. It sucks liking a character who isn't the best and having to feel like you need to have a completely different character in your pocket to deal with bad matchups. And the variations in MKX feel a lot more complete than some of the ones in 11 in my opinion.

19 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

Variations need to go for MK12 frfr 

In X they actually were decently well thought out. In 11 they felt more like characters were handicapped through and through which is only further proven by all the moves available as customs 

Also ffs make low kicks and punches at least chain into each other or something 

I liked the variation system because it gives characters more of a chance to be good. In MK9, if you didn't have anything in your moveset to handle Cyrax bullshit the character was fucked. At least with a variation system there are a few chances for a character to be good. I think if the customization system in 11 were a bit better thought out it would have been perfect.

Edited by DoctaMario
1 hour ago, Pair of Rooks said:

There's a difference in it being a system wide mechanic vs it being on half of one low tier's normals when he hasn't already had his weapon beaten off of him.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Chip damage no normals in an SF game? That shit is already cursed in every game its in.

That def should not be in games.

How about a guard break but without that A3 stagger effect?

IMO NRS swung too far into opposite directions between X and 11. One is a very aggressive and 50/50 heavy game, while the other has tools to keep the opponent away between combo breakers, air tech, wakeup attacks, perfect block and the fatal blows 

They need to find a middle ground for 12 and just take the best from both games, maybe with a tad of 9 spliced in like the dash block cancels 

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Depends on what we're talking about. I went into MK11 preferring X, but I found I prefer the combat design of 11 over X. X has better presentation and a better variation system though imo

This is where I’m at. MK11 combat with X’s variation system is the good spot for me. I’ll admit 11 could use like 20% more bullshit but I’m not interested in the game going full X 2.0.

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I also prefer MKX over MK11. X did the variation system better and I actually liked the 50/50 bullshit of that game. It was insanely fun as it was frustrating. I liked having prefer wake ups and the armor moves before they were nerfed.

I went in preferring X, but it's a tough game to learn, especially when you're playing against people who have been playing a long time. X is MvC2/KoFXIII levels of brutal imo

15 minutes ago, elliephil said:

I was under the impression that MK11 was kind of... boring and unliked? Idk, I haven't played an NRS game since Injustice 2.

It really isn't. If anything it's a more interesting game because there's a bit more leeway in terms of how to play, it isn't just aggression all the time

On 4/8/2023 at 2:00 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm not okay with guest characters period. MK has an expansive universe with tons of characters. There are characters that haven't been in MK game in decades. Yet they keep wasting slots on guests. How about they make Mortal Kombat that has....wait for it...Mortal Kombat characters. Guest characters are the equivalent of a "cheap pop" in pro wrestling at this point. 

Sometimes they sell copies bro! Anyone remember Darth Vader and Yoda on Calibur??? That stuff was epic but for SF nahhhhhhh i don't like it all!

Just like you mentioned with MK.SF has a wide roster of fighters from its lifespan to choose from and update.

I mean we still haven't ever gotten a  Retsu, Joe, Mike or a Geki from the original.

Take my money right now for Adon, Makoto, Hugo or Eagle!!!  Hellllll, if you want guests so bad bring ZERO! You telling people won't pay for that MVC vibe in SF6??

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/leak-suggests-street-fighter-6-open-beta-coming-later-in-april/1100-6512990/

Anyone got any info on this??? I think its been really quiet for a while now.