Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Long combos can suck my nuts still. Nobody got time for half of them.

I like long-ish combos, but only if there is something somewhat unique going on.

A combo being long because it’s a jump in corner starter dumping full resources is ok. Urien doing headbutt loops into a half a dozen mirror juggles is corny.

One thing I love about fem-Seth in SFV is that his V-Skill one gives him unique combos against every character, so even if his combos are long you’re at least possibly seeing something different. 

Edited by Vhozite
4 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

So I know nobody here has said it and I can understand why but I know most of you think it

Shakunetsu posts the weirdest  shit on this thread and sometimes I wonder about them. 

lol i just find those sakura and cammy randomly on my feed lol

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Long combos can suck my nuts still. Nobody got time for half of them.

Long combos usually take skill, dexterity, and good memorization and concentration, that's why I love long combos. In games like sf a long combo is what 5 hits? But yea sf isn't about combos it's more footsie related so I understand. 

Edited by Maravilla

I like longish combos but yeah too long and things can get annoying for the opponent.  Street Fighter Alpha 3 pushed it to the max in terms of combos and while I love that game, the infinites are obviously dumb.  Blazblue and anime games  which involve 30 hit juggles are not for me.  

And cinematic supers have never bothered me.  They happen rarely enough to be bothersome, and I think ultimate attacks deserve a nice cutscene. 

Edited by HeavensCloud

Hate or not hate i ain't cappin'. 

While SF 6 does a lot of things good, the music direction is clearly not one of them in my opinion. I don't think there is a single track that i would like to listen to like i sometimes do with the older songs.

I definitely respect the devs for trying something new,but this ain't it. 

Hard pass on Gief's theme as well.

Edited by Skort
8 minutes ago, Skort said:

Hate or not hate i ain't cappin'. 

While SF 6 does a lot of things good, the music direction is clearly not one of them in my opinion. I don't think there is a single track that i would like to listen to like i sometimes do with the older songs.

I definitely respect the devs for trying something new,but this ain't it. 

Hard pass on Gief's theme as well.

There had to be one thing SFV does better than 6.  Turns out it's music.  

I wish they went more in the direction of Tekken style music.  Tekken soundtrack has so many bangers.  

Edited by HeavensCloud

I dunno... I love the music from SFV (and the entire series as a whole)  just as much as next person, but I don't need classic tracks to enjoy the SF6 music. The hip hop influence I think is par for the game and the musical production value is actually pretty high, especially listening with my ear buds. Zangief's new theme feels very much like something I'd expect in a post SF3 world: hip hop beats, with a house sound all while having that Eastern European sound. I danced to it and it's a fun theme. I feel like all the returning characters definitely have great themes that fit each character differently. Terayama-san and company knows how to make every theme work.

As I've said before, we're likely getting classic remixed themes. The development team is looking to please everyone, so hopefully those themes will be packaged with the classic costumes. If not, maybe the themes will grow on some of y'all....? 

Decided to post the playlist so no one gets left behind lol

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5Yw0OA-xSyodcwDoI4YtR1u7WhF8aayx

5 minutes ago, Daemos said:

If we’re lucky we’ll a change in music direction when the game is repackaged as SSF6 in 2.5 years. But yeah it’s so bad that Zangief’s new theme sounds good in comparison to most of the rest.

Tbh can't pick a worse one

Imho while i'm not a fan of SF6 music, it have some nice ones, but this Zangief one to me is straight bad

After listening them some times i like

1 hour ago, elliephil said:

This was a long time coming. Glad to see something done.

dude apologized, I dragged him, then he apologized again...

Sounds like the just needs professional help of some type. The one that outed him the other day wasn't all that bad but apparently there were a lot of crazy shit he said to some broads.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

dude apologized, I dragged him, then he apologized again...

Sounds like the just needs professional help of some type. The one that outed him the other day wasn't all that bad but apparently there were a lot of crazy shit he said to some broads.

It's not my story to tell, but yes he has said a lot of things to a lot of people. No respect for boundaries.

SF6 soundtrack is aggressively mid. Wild to me how they struck gold with Ryu and Jamie themes and it's all been downhill from there 

Even stranger how half of the themes can be fixed by changing the speed from normal to x1.25 or x1.5 

But regardless you can bet Capcom will add/sell classic ost packs and pc mods with will do their job even faster 

4 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

SF6 is so close to the finish line now Its gonna be a shame when MK12 gets announced 2 weeks from now and it kills SF6

It is going to be a busy year for fighting games. Between SF6, MK12, Granblue Rising, potentially Tekken 8 AND season 3 of Strive, the later half of this year will be wild.

4 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Is there any actual evidence MK12 is coming? 11 came out only 4 years ago and was still supported 2 years ago. How long does it take them to make games?

David Zaslov, the CEO of Warner Discovery, casually  revealed MK12 on their last earnings call. Which caught everyone, Ed Boon included, off guard. Boon kept teasing whether the next game would be Injustice or MK. Zaslov just yanked the rug out from under him. Since Zaslov is the boss, there really isn't anything Netherrealm can do or say about it.

8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Which caught everyone, Ed Boon included, off guard.

That was such a fucking bitch thing to do to Boon and his fanbase. Regardless of how I feel about the games, Ed Boon definitely cares a lot about his fans. Having the wind taking out of all the tongue-in-cheek nonsense that goes on in twitter to hype up the next game is bullshit.

Even more so when he made it fairly obvious that they wanted to support MK11 for longer but weren't allowed to.

Man...fuck all that.

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Knowing that I’m not sure how excited I am for MK12. I liked 11 much better than X, but there so many weird decisions over the course of the game that ended up pushing me away. Idk I’m at least curious.

I can honestly say I enjoyed NRS' MK 'trilogy' a lot. I played a lot of MK9, X and 11 and I think overall as a fighting game I liked MK11 the most.

MKX was the most hype but also the most bullshit. So many weird interactions and setplay situations that left you in situations that you literally had to guess, and a lot of it was just baked into the game. Like Erron Black's infamous 21122 string or literally anything Alien did.

I appreciate MK11 for trying to make a more "honest" game with less 50/50 situations and less juggles that do half your health into another unavoidable mixup. If anything I think MK11 went to far in the other direction and gave the player too many options when under pressure, it made it hard to mindfuck an opponent you had against the ropes. 

I hope MK12 carries on with the MK11 mindset, but just finds a better balance.

28 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Are you guys okay for SF character guesting in MK but not vice versa? Like Akuma, Mecha Zangief or Bison in MK?

I'm not okay with guest characters period. MK has an expansive universe with tons of characters. There are characters that haven't been in MK game in decades. Yet they keep wasting slots on guests. How about they make Mortal Kombat that has....wait for it...Mortal Kombat characters. Guest characters are the equivalent of a "cheap pop" in pro wrestling at this point.