Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

44 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

We went from people making fun of Keyboard/Controller player (lets be real Hitbox is just a Keyboard), since only an Arcade Stick was the real way to compete.

To them getting feared, having unfair advantages over poor Stick player.

Next on the agenda, inspiring fear of Guitar Hero player.

You must've missed the repeated convos between @FlyingVe and I about it. Specially since hitbox is letting you do a lot of stuff in unnatural ways.

It lets you go for safe red parries in 3S. Hitbox layouts are really letting you cheat in some games.

I really feel like Launcher plays a different game to most of the cast. Don't get me wrong she has BS like everyone else does but she struggles so hard to get anything going. When fucking Ranger and Trouble Shooter can get easy mid screen conversions off a stray hit into full screen super it makes me shit my pants in furious rage. My biggest issue is trying to figure out where I need to be to reliably maintain good ground control. But when I try and aim for the skies fucking Striker gets a  Chun-Li slide that even at the tippets of tips can be converted into massive fucking damage. And don't get me started on fucking Crusader or Swift Master because holy fucking shit what the fuck. I'm also having issues with trying to figure out the best way to use conversion with Launcher. The slow down is based as fuck but I can't seem to put into action any conversions because I either lose the grey life before I can do anything or I just get one tapped and lose it all. I might test on conversions into grenade too see if I can get some setups going. I got to Gold 1 but the fuckers up there are stonewalling the fuck out of me. I might just play Berserk and be a fucking slutty degenerate.

Thanks for reading my blog.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

spacer.png

As funny as this is, it really underplays why the Makoto TOD is “acceptable” while the ones in DNF could be a valid reason for some to not get the game.

1) As Sonero said, Makoto’s requires full meter and has difficult execution. Only top tournament and fightcade players go for this. In comparison, Hitman’s TOD only acquires him to be on low health and is apparently very easy.

2) Third Strike is never seeing any balance changes or patches. It’s useless to complain about whatever bullshit goes on in that game. DNF just released and we have no idea what’s it update schedule will be like if there’s any. It’s not weird to think or want something like this to change.

3) Only Makoto players and people that don’t play 3rd Strike likes the Makoto TOD. Everyone else hates it. You would be more convincing comparing DNF’s infinites with Hokuto no Ken’s infinites.

Hitman overall is one of the easiest characters in the game.

There are DK ToDs as well..... well a lot of low health characters have ToDs or very close to ToDs, awakening is very strong.

While you mention updates.

Can I have some buffs for DK? I think she needs a second Dragon her her Big Swing should be the whole screen and not just 7/8 of it.

6 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:
18 hours ago, Volt said:

British "food"

GIF by Giphy QA

Jelly because you don't have toast sandwich?? 😎

1*iQnCQLm6YFfIzhMqHYHtRw.jpeg

Spoiler

It is literally a toasted bread in between two slices of bread. Sometimes the toast would get toasted with butter, salt, pepper, and cumin to taste. The toast sandwich is believed to be a result of the Industrial Revolution when workers needed a quick meal to load up on carbs.

32 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Jelly because you don't have toast sandwich?? 😎

1*iQnCQLm6YFfIzhMqHYHtRw.jpeg

Hide contents

It is literally a toasted bread in between two slices of bread. Sometimes the toast would get toasted with butter, salt, pepper, and cumin to taste. The toast sandwich is believed to be a result of the Industrial Revolution when workers needed a quick meal to load up on carbs.

That looks like something aliens made while trying to imitate human cuisine but they only got a very technical definition of what that's about.

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

DNF Duel is saving the FGC?

Games easy as fuck to get into but it's got so much fucking Kusoge like holy shit. I don't even know if I could recommend this shit to newbs. Like sure you can press buttons like a monkey but it's so easy to get fucking washed in this game. It's funny because this was the fear people had of early SFV and it was nothing like this lmao

Game is still fun though. 

It's shit

But fun

37 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

Games easy as fuck to get into but it's got so much fucking Kusoge like holy shit. I don't even know if I could recommend this shit to newbs. Like sure you can press buttons like a monkey but it's so easy to get fucking washed in this game. It's funny because this was the fear people had of early SFV and it was nothing like this lmao

Funny enough this game does a lot of random shit that people assign to strive.

that said I am sucking ass at this game. Vanguard is an unholy amount of shit and havne't found a different character to play.

43 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

This guy is either a troll or a moron…even if people liked that Iron man TOD (which I’m assuming they don’t) Marvel is an old ass game that came when you couldn’t just connect your game to the internet to download a patch to fix this stuff. Even if the devs could patch it, stuff like this was way harder to find back then as well. You couldn’t just log on to discord or YT to see all the latest broken tech for your character and to actually practice it in a match you had to outside and find a real life person to play with in the same room.

Edited by Vhozite
1 minute ago, Vhozite said:

This guy is either a troll or a moron

That's Perfect Legend. Best known for being good at Dead or Alive and losing a ft10 13-0.

That dude couldn't play Iron Man to save his life. Iron Man is legit hard to play well at a high level. His normals aren't great, he can't safe DHC in, he has some awesome air to air conversions but they are execution heavy and his movement is on the slower end of the top tier characters.

Also all the stuff you mentioned about it being a game that was released as is and whatever happened happened.  Should've used NRS games as an example but hey, mans is questionable.

30 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

What the hell is “kusoge”? Is that the Japanese for “bullshit”?

It literally means "shit game", but in the context of fighting games it's used to indicate hilariously broken games that are fun because of how broken they are.

For example, the Sailor Moon and Fist of the North Star fighting games are the most well known kusoge games.

I hear MK9 was pretty fucked up as well.

4 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

They only need to patch out the infinites.  Everything else is fine for now.  This isn't a game built for esports it's supposed to be kind of silly.  

Yes because all eSports games need to be boring and saniticed, where all character essentialy do the same and uniqueness is thrown out the window.

For once it is good to have a game again where characters are just strong and feel strong.

I hope they don't go down the GB route and start swinging the nerfhammer around to hit everything.

6 hours ago, Vhozite said:

What the hell is “kusoge”? Is that the Japanese for “bullshit”?

Kusoge mean shitty game.

But like others said, it is usually refered to broken games that manage to have a balance of fun and broken.

MVC2, MVC3 HNK, Sailor Moon are notorious examples.

7 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

They only need to patch out the infinites.  Everything else is fine for now.  This isn't a game built for esports it's supposed to be kind of silly.  

I would want to see more changes than that. After playing this for a week I want to see these changes

A reduction on wake up invincibility

Addition of wake up recovery options (recovery roll, delay tech, ground tech)

Remove being able to attack after an air recovery

Dodge should be invincible on frame 1

Guard cancel cost should be reduced to 50 mana, be safe on block and remove the damage. 

Adjust the hitboxes on some projectiles so they can be jumped over.

Those are my universal changes. Character balance is whatever