Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Honestly I love the twins. I'll play Yun in CvS2 even though he is hilariously bad in that game. I'm all for him being in any game.

Yang was one of my favorite characters in SF4 and Jesus Christ I was absolutely dog shit with him. No idea where the character was tier wise but I distinctly remember feeling like I had to work twice as hard as normal to win with him compared to Vega or Guile.

I was playing a match with him and sweating hard…I lost and my mom chimes in from across the room “you could’ve won that”. Pretty sure I stopped playing him the next day lol.

44 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Yang was one of my favorite characters in SF4 and Jesus Christ I was absolutely dog shit with him. No idea where the character was tier wise but I distinctly remember feeling like I had to work twice as hard as normal to win with him compared to Vega or Guile.

I was playing a match with him and sweating hard…I lost and my mom chimes in from across the room “you could’ve won that”. Pretty sure I stopped playing him the next day lol.

Yang was super fun, but that hard work feeling came because he did low damage.  It felt like you had to hit your opponent twice as much as they hit you.  And with the huge health differences in that game, Hugo, T. Hawk and Zangief took forever to kill, and they could kill you in a few guesses.  That was one of the things I liked better in SF5, that they made the health pools more consistent.  

10 hours ago, Sonero said:

Honestly that's why I wish they'd do an in house version of CvS2.

Make a bunch of isms representing different versions of SF and let it rock with hella characters.

13 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I would love it if street fighter had a "everybody is here" game but it will never happen. The home ports of Alpha 3 is the closest we ever got.

Yeah I still dream of something realistically possible that one day Capcom would fully utilize all the remainder 2d sprite SF characters they had and made a new SF fighting game that is team based from it just like KOF expanded UM and UL.

I mean realistic and possible because I don't expect any new heavily sprite character based from scratch anymore to be included

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

This Yun/Yang tag character is the worst idea this side of the return of Goutetsu. This is isn't a Marvel Vs. Capcom game. Stop the insanity already. It's not even some grand concept. It's a lame version of the stance character concept. You mean I get a character that switch between to different movesets. How innovative! How come no one ever thought of this before 🙄

We already had it in SFV with Mika and Zeku. This is another variant of the same idea. No need for both these characters occupying slots. They aren't shotos.

3 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

I’m back to screaming at my tv with DNFD. Allot “cmon man are you fucking kidding me?!?”. With a healthy dose of “ah, of course you did that because why wouldn’t you?!”. It’s pretty based. 

Ive been doing that all the time on Master Duel. 

Is incredible how they always have Ash Blossom to fuck my first move all the times i am going first... 

1 hour ago, TWINBLADES said:

I’m back to screaming at my tv with DNFD. Allot “cmon man are you fucking kidding me?!?”. With a healthy dose of “ah, of course you did that because why wouldn’t you?!”. It’s pretty based. 

Crusader is beyond dumb.  Whoever thought of this character needs to be fired.  Instant Aegis reflector at any moment and then you're just stick for ten minutes while he hammers you.  

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

Crusader is beyond dumb.  Whoever thought of this character needs to be fired.  Instant Aegis reflector at any moment and then you're just stick for ten minutes while he hammers you.  

Sorry but he’s fair and balanced. Being able to do Aegis cost 90MP…. oh wait it’s only 50…. shiiiiiiit

10 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

I hope we can actively change our battle tag in SF6 like DNFD 

Nothing's confirmed yet, but I reckon this is going to be Capcom's crossplay account system for most of their games. I think I remember reading the Exoprimal closed alpha required people to have a Capcom ID. Looks like you can change your name once per month. 

https://cid.capcom.com/en/

2 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

There's nothing controversial about this.

If anything, I'd bump Retro and Nintendo up to top tier. Maybe Capcom down one.

You can argue about Nintendo, even though they always cook up great games, but not Retro.

Retro Studios literally doesn't have a single bad/unpolished game. Only instant classics.

42 minutes ago, elliephil said:

I'm confused now. Is this a tier list based on someone's experience with the games and practices of these companies or on a professional level? Cause I can't imagine Blizzard being anything but the absolute bottom at this point if it is the latter.

His experience with the games. In a follow up tweet he stated this list has nothing to do with the companies ethics

1 hour ago, Volt said:

You can argue about Nintendo, even though they always cook up great games, but not Retro.

Retro Studios literally doesn't have a single bad/unpolished game. Only instant classics.

I don't understand listing retro separately from Nintendo. They've been owned by Nintendo since their first published game. There's no degree of separation like there is with game freak.

10 hours ago, Daemos said:

We already had it in SFV with Mika and Zeku. This is another variant of the same idea. No need for both these characters occupying slots. They aren't shotos.

Zeku is one character. Mika is one character with the occasional lame assist from Nadeshiko. You can't switch to Nadeshiko at any point. As I said before this combo Yun/Yang is a lame variation of a stance character presented as a "good way to have them both". No it isn''t. It's bullshit plain and simple. Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Kage, Dan, Sakura all have slots in SFV. Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Evil Ryu, Dan, Sakura, ad Oni were in SFIV. So anyone bitching about Yun and Yang taking up two slots in the same game is a clown. I'm not even a fan of either character. I don't hate them but I'm not pining for them either. However this ludicrous notion of them being a tag character so they don't take up two slots is the epitome of stupidity. We have gotten a half dozen, more depending on your definition, of shotos on the last two rosters. Even with that many people still ask for more.  :tldr:

TLDR; Half dozen shotos and people think two more kung fu fighters is too much. That's just plain dumb.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
28 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Would love that for SF

16 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Zeku is one character. Mika is one character with the occasional lame assist from Nadeshiko. You can't switch to Nadeshiko at any point. As I said before this combo Yun/Yang is a lame variation of a stance character presented as a "good way to have them both". No it isn''t. It's bullshit plain and simple. Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Kage, Dan, Sakura all have slots in SFV. Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Evil Ryu, Dan, Sakura, ad Oni were in SFIV. So anyone bitching about Yun and Yang taking up two slots in the same game is clown. I'm not even a fan of either character. I don't hate them but I'm not pining for them either. However this ludicrous notion that of them being a tag character so they don't take up two slots is the epitome of stupidity. We have get a half dozen, more depending on your definition, of shotos on the last two rosters. Even with that many people still ask for more.  :tldr:

TLDR; Half dozen shotos and people think two more kung fu fighters is too much. That's just plain dumb.

Don't watch me 🤣

I would support get Yun and Yang in one slot, but also my list of eating slots shotos would stop at Ryu and Ken as the only "clones" of the game... Akuma, Evil Ryu, Kage, Sakura, ad Oni can be throw in a volcano

Dan can suvive as NPC

Also make Ken very different from Ryu, SFV was heading in right direction, but need more

So essentially i would be ok with a shoto genocide, but still stuck Yun+Yang in one single slot

All these slots saved, used for very different characters that help variety instead insist on FG gimmick of milk something into multiple variants 😄

Edited by CESTUS III
4 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

TBH, I would put Capcom on B, the same for Nintendo, Retro shouldn't be its own thing considering that they are owned by Nintendo.

Konami should be C or D, but that would depend if we add to more tier lists, since D is too high for Activision, Blizzard and EA if you ask me.

I would move them to F, because even when they have some games that are actually good, their usual fuckery is something that can't be ignored.

The same for Take2, they would be on F

For Ken.

Ken is already different by game plan the only direct shoto clone that exist in modern SF day is EVIL Ryu and Next is Akuma. Ken was never been the best characters to be a go-to Ryu alternative anyway in modern SF like SF4 and SFV. if you want a effective Ryu substitute you play as Evil Ryu or Akuma.

Akuma has a lot of tools and can play close like to Ryu's gameplan in plasma wars while on the ground.

Kage already eliminated Evil Ryu out of existence. So next Capcom should make Ryu's gameplan away from Akuma. So it is Akuma that makes Ryu obsolete most of the seasons updates in SFV and it was never Ken in both SFV and SF4.

Ryu already has a fairly well-defined concept imo.

Defensive focus, fast plasma, grown man damage.

I wish his midrange was better so he can actually execute his gameplan better and thrive in neutral, but it looks like SF6 fixed this so far.

Ken and Akuma are where it gets messy.

Since Akuma got a ton of tools, it's hard to brand Ken as "the offensive-based shoto" since he's usually outclassed by Akuma.

SFV Ken finally got the flair and corner carry on his specials to make him stand out.

With decent pokes (fuck his SFV normals) better frame traps and actual reward off his overheads, he'd be a much better and unique character.

Akuma can stay as the shoto with all of the tools and edge, but none of the health.

Him focusing on versatility instead of being good at one thing in particular would make the other two shotos stand out more.

Kage/Evil Ryu should be gone for good this time. Remember y'all owe this to #StoryGang. 

13 minutes ago, Volt said:

Kage/Evil Ryu should be gone for good this time.

Considering how the trademark Evil Shoto still managed to sell and be played a lot even if it looked like he took after Dan this time around, I'm pretty sure that's wishful thinking. They'll make up some bullshit and make Evil Ryu return. In fact, Kage is already a perfect justification to keep Evil Ryu around forever, it's the expelled Satsui no Hado that used to be in Ryu.

59 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Considering how the trademark Evil Shoto still managed to sell and be played a lot even if it looked like he took after Dan this time around, I'm pretty sure that's wishful thinking. They'll make up some bullshit and make Evil Ryu return. In fact, Kage is already a perfect justification to keep Evil Ryu around forever, it's the expelled Satsui no Hado that used to be in Ryu.

Oh that's purely why they created Kage. To have Evil Ryu without Evil Ryu.

The thing is if they ignore Evil Ryu in SFV like it didn't exist people will still ask for it because it appeared in SF4 and it was a sure profit.

Because if they ignore it and never presented it that way in SFV people will still do lots of fanfics and theory to fantasize it even it was a "What if" and "non-canon character" because Evil Ryu was so successful as a character in SF4 compare to prior games like CVS and Alpha games.

The thing is Evil Ryu wasn't just a "character in fighting game", it's a fighting game "character archetype" just like "chunli" being an asian female fighter, Evil Ryu is just like  shadow jago, rasetmaru, orochi iori, kusanagi, nightmare, devil jin and many more.

Companies has no other proper way of ignoring because it's profit and the only thing that would prevent them or to contest them to not exist is because the current leads or higher ups just don't like them for some reasons. But if they find it okay they continue it just like Devil Jin and Nightmare.

So introducing Kage in SFV was the right direction to trivialize and separate to SNH to Ryu. And I hope it's permanent and for good. The good thing is it ended the idea of Evil Ryu is Super Ryu in a proper way.

It was the right way to tell everyone that SNH isn't what everyone thinks it is, by showing what an actual SNH manifestation would be "in the present timeline" that is CANON and in "the actuality"  as a separate entity and it's on it's truest pure form to successfully eliminate  and destroyed tons of speculation and fanfics. Kage existence in "an actual canon destroys" and effectively demystified tons of Evil Ryu fantasies in the present timeline. Kage made the whole idea of SNH Ryu being the strong Ryu is a joke because the manifestation itself which is Kage was never been the better version of Ryu.

This is what Capcom had done by introducing Gouken in SF4 which change the whole perspective of him in gameplay, Same thing that they brought the Dolls in SF as NPC for Shadow Falls/Cinematic mode.

I am one of the persons before Ken reveal in SFV that  would create fanfics wishlist for each of the Doll's along with their  V-Trigger and V-skills if they would be become playable. And making most of them appeared in cinematic mode changed the perception on how strong and capable they are.

Same thing as introducing Seth and the SETH CLONES in SF4 that change how Bison's Shadaloo cloning technology is perceive before, Most of the theories way back was Bison was using Rose body in SF2 timeline. People back then only see Shadaloo not being capable of doing organic bodies other than genetically modifying them, Now they are shown to be capable of ORGANIC CLONING and subconscious transference.

So it made the theories back then mostly now obsolete like the old theory of Bison possessing Rose that's why Bison is weaker in SF2 because it was Rose body turned into a Man and has a bit of Soul Power which contradict Psycho Power.

It's always better to SHOW than to tell or pretend it doesn't exist because people will continue to still fantasize it's existence, since it's a what if character.

If it would return because it is a "fighting game character archetype" it's better with Luke or a younger protagonist to have internal conflict that needs to be resolve not to Ryu anymore. And the best way to deal with Evil Ryu fans is a costume for a flashback story like encounter to tell a memory and not something to be tease as  a what if costume like this what "evil ryu in the future would be", That's a terrible idea. Capcom should make the SNH done for good and if they they side that archetype to return it should be for a younger protagonist not a character like Ryu.

Edited by Shakunetsu

It's seriously tiring to argue with people who have their nostalgia tinted glasses superglued to their head.

Today I was talking to a guy who said that ST HD Remix was 'superfluous' because ST was already perfect. When I pointed out that there's abusable stuff that even players at the highest level can't counter reliably (Hyoubal, Boxer throw loops) he said that people should just 'git gud and adapt'.

Translation: "I don't want a balanced cast, I want to use the same braindead, overpowered moves/strategies that I have been exploiting for the past 20 years. Don't force me out of my comfort zone by making me adapt to a new, less lop-sided meta."

Now, don't get me wrong; I love ST, and it's actually my 3rd favorite fighting game of all time. But to say it is 'perfect' is completely asinine. We then went on and compared ST to more recent mainline SF titles. He and I agreed that SFV is complete garbage, but I told him that, off the top of my head, I could list at least three things that even an abomination of a game like SFV does better than ST:

1. Character balance. No discussion here, ST's balance is awful. Not surprising, considering it obviously never had a balance patch and the developers had a very limited reference frame back in the days: barely any internet, very little community input, etc. The developers should be credited for getting a lot more things right than wrong, though. Having said that, SFV had better balance right out of the gate, which is, however, hardly an accomplishment these days.

2. Throw mechanics. The SFII-wide throwing mechanic is godawful. It's basically a coin toss as to who gets the throw, and if you don't have a reversal and your opponent's throw outranges yours, prepare to be tick thrown over and over again and not being able to do anything about it. This is compounded by the fact that throws are some of the most damaging moves in the game and you can't even jump to escape them as throws grab you out of the first airborne frames. "Just take the throw." Yeah, that's all you can do in ST.  I have to hold my nose while typing this, but 3rd Strike got this right (apart from the 3rd frame glitch, as 3rd Strike can't get anything completely right) and it's good that they never looked back after implementing this system.

3. Transgender representation. ST had none, whereas SFV had Poison and SFIV had Makoto.

OK, the last point is a bit of a stretch. Too long; didn't read version: nostalgia isn't all it's cracked up to be.

3 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Makoto is transgender? I thought she was just a tomboy 

Next you’re gonna tell my Buttercup from Powerpuff Girls is trans

She IS a tomboy.

I assume that it was joke from his part, but I wouldn't be surprised if some retard on twatter actually believed that

34 minutes ago, Volta said:

3. Transgender representation. ST had none, whereas SFV had Poison and SFIV had Makoto.

I'll be honest with you, this is easily the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard said as a knock against ST or SF2 in general. Do yourself a favor and never say that shit to anybody ever again. Its even funner that you have Makoto as a trans representative when SF4 has only one and its the same character.

Add to it that Poison wasn't a character until after SF2 was created when she debuted in Final Fight. Even in that game she isn't exactly much of a character. So ST is potentially wack because it doesn't include a guest character from another series...but it needed to be that one specific one so that 30 years later you could retroactively call the game progressive...

That last point isn't close to a "bit of a  stretch". Stretch Armstrong couldn't pull his arms far enough to reach it. You need to create wormholes to get to that level of reaching.

Supposed leak of next year releases of Bandai Namco

Spoiler

Q1 2023:

Dragon Ball: The Breakers 

Q2 2023: 

Little Nightmares 3

DBFZ SUPER

Digimon Cyberslueth 2

Q3 2023

Elden Ring: Barbarians of the Badlands

Tales of Ascension 

Tekken 8

Q4 2023

Code Vein 2

One Punch Man: Fighters Association 

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 3

Of interest are

Spoiler

DBFZ Super
And possibly OPM FA if the rumor that is an ASW fg is true

16 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Supposed leak of next year releases of Bandai Namco

Hide contents

Q1 2023:

Dragon Ball: The Breakers 

Q2 2023: 

Little Nightmares 3

DBFZ SUPER

Digimon Cyberslueth 2

Q3 2023

Elden Ring: Barbarians of the Badlands

Tales of Ascension 

Tekken 8

Q4 2023

Code Vein 2

One Punch Man: Fighters Association 

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 3

Of interest are

Hide contents

DBFZ Super
And possibly OPM FA if the rumor that is an ASW fg is true

Spoiler

Cyber Sloth 2, Tekken 8, Code Vein 2, Tales of Ascension and the Elden Ring expansion will be brought.

10 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:
  Hide contents

Cyber Sloth 2, Tekken 8, Code Vein 2, Tales of Ascension and the Elden Ring expansion will be brought.

Those too as well, but I was talking due how those other 2 are unconfirmed games so far, and only rumored

Spoiler

Like some people have been saying that OPM FA is developed by ASW in the same vein as DBFZ

Edited by Hecatom