Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

20 hours ago, Skort said:

I come here and see 30+ messages.

Shit gets me all hype and i'm thinking a new character trailer was released.

Then i see talk about Makoto being trasns....

KEKW  I remember this being a constant complaint on the SRK board back in the gap. Damn a comment like this take me back.

Also I'm really enjoying my time playing DNFD. I really like playing Launcher. I swear it's not because she's blond.....

Ah yes the so called tier lists made by pro players.

These are more likely to be tiers based on personal grudges with a certain character / player  or tier lists that pretty much represent actual players that play that particular character, rather than the character itself overall. 

No matter the skill level,always keep in mind, pro players are biased as fuck just like the rest.

8 minutes ago, Skort said:

Ah yes the so called tier lists made by pro players.

These are more likely to be tiers based on personal grudges with a certain character / player  or tier lists that pretty much represent actual players that play that particular character, rather than the character itself overall. 

No matter the skill level,always keep in mind, pro players are biased as fuck just like the rest.

I gotta be honest, I only posted that cuz I thought it would rile you up 🤣

22 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

I gotta be honest, I only posted that cuz I thought it would rile you up 🤣

Not riled up,stuff like this never affects me as a player.

I played Juri since she was bottom 5,I never cared for tier lists and still don't. I just like Juri as a character,so I play her regardless.

Her being top 5 is pure nonsense however. Juri improved and is around mid or mid high tier in my opinion. Pretty much has tools for all scenarios but has to work for her wins.

3 minutes ago, Skort said:

Not riled up,stuff like this never affects me as a player.

I played Juri since she was bottom 5,I never cared for tier lists and still don't. I just like Juri as a character,so I play her regardless.

Her being top 5 is pure nonsense however. Juri improved and is around mid or mid high tier in my opinion. Pretty much has tools for all scenarios but has to work for her wins.

What changes did she specifically get in this season that make her harder to fight? I know people are complaining about st.mk but that button has been pretty good since at least season 3 iirc

She gets good damage off counterhit now since she can do st.mp x st.hp x ryo into dp, that also gives her oki after.

St.mp being +3ob , light dp leaving you close to them she gets to tick throw you etc. Her CA hits distribution is better. Basically Juri got a lot of minor QOL changes that she should had got since season 1.

It's nothing crazy like 2 pages of buffs like Ryu got 2 seasons ago,but goes to show that what I said turned out to be true. Her toolkit is good,just been undertuned pretty much the entire lifespan of the game 

Edited by Skort

Juri is Top 5 sounds like the token hot take/click bait that gets people interested enough to generate attention/discussion. I feel like every tier list I’ve seen for this game in last 3 years has 1 or 2 characters wildly out of place with weak justification simply to generate buzz.

Edited by Vhozite
10 minutes ago, Skort said:

St.mp being +3ob , light dp leaving you close to them she gets to tick throw you etc. Her CA hits distribution is better. Basically Juri got a lot of minor QOL changes that she should had got since season 1.

I'm assuming if her light dp is spaced out properly, she could get some kind of space trap? Seems to be the big deal with the sfv meta this late into the life cycle. +3 oB seems nice but I'm also curious how close that leaves Juri?

14 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Juri is Top 5 sounds like the token hot take/click bait that gets people interested enough to generate attention/discussion. I feel like every tier list I’ve seen for this game in last 3 years has 1 or 2 characters wildly out of place with weak justification simply to generate buzz.

Nah, Juri is legit good . Maybe top 5 is pushing it but she's one of the stronger characters this year.   Like without any theory fighting, the character's results this year prove it - and that's without Infiltration playing her.  

My boi Caliiisto picked up Juri for fun in 2021 because he got bored winning with Menat and Poison. Made a whole new CFN and started eating. He was already close to Warlord before the buffs. I don't know how high she ranks (don't really pay attention to tier lists), but she's definitely up there.

1 hour ago, TWINBLADES said:

I can’t be the only poor nigga that posts here that has DNFD on PlayStation??? When the fuck are we running sets?!

If I do end up getting it, it'll be on PlayStation. But right now I'm still not sure on the game, and none of my RL friends are interested in picking it up.

5 hours ago, Vhozite said:

I feel the same way about Bison. He's upper mid at best. They just jelly. Especially the Akuma downplayers.

18 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

You said Luke would save SF, this is the opposite!

Don't like it, don't get perfected.

15 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Luke is here to turn his swag onnnnnnnnnnn

Right after hops outta bed.

Only reason Elliephil remembers this song is for the same reason I remember this song: Soulja boy has shots of MvC2 in the background of the vid.

😤

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Vanguard sucking hard made me lose a lot of joy for the game.

But I'll still play you.

I actually like fighting Vanguard. What makes you think he sucks? The ones I play run thorough me with double OTG setups and delayed pokes. I'm also praying to the netcode gods to make our matches smooth. You free on weekends? I'm west coast and don't get home till like 6:30 😞

32 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I have it on PS4 and PS5.

I still suck at it, since I still have not sit on training to learn my characters bnbs

I just started actually using training mode to actually figure out when I actually have advantage on anything. This game is cancerous when your fake pressure gets exposed. Because it almost always means you're dead lmao

Who are you playing? Please don't say Swift Master or Hitman 🙂

1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Do you not enjoy having to do the same string over and over and over again, with no choice other than do the entire string all the time, sicne stopping at any point means eating a full punish.

Cannot imagen how this isn't fun gameplay. The MU put me to sleep

Who are you using in the game? Wait... you're coomer so it's probably Dragon Knight.

Just now, TWINBLADES said:

I just started actually using training mode to actually figure out when I actually have advantage on anything. This game is cancerous when your fake pressure gets exposed. Because it almost always means you're dead lmao

Who are you playing? Please don't say Swift Master or Hitman 🙂

Striker, Launcher and Hitman 🙂

Also Vanguard at times, but tbh, I want to try every character

5 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

Who are you using in the game? Wait... you're coomer so it's probably Dragon Knight.

I'm pretty certain Striker is the coomer character. After all she is the character that has half her intro dedicated to her ass swing.

I play Dragon Knight and Maximillian, I mean Trouble Shooter

12 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

actually like fighting Vanguard. What makes you think he sucks? The ones I play run thorough me with double OTG setups and delayed pokes. I'm also praying to the netcode gods to make our matches smooth. You free on weekends? I'm west coast and don't get home till like 6:30 😞

Tell me when and I'll make time.