Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, Skort said:

Stance switch to view the back of your character is something MK has that I want for SF to be honest. There is a mod for SFV but it bugs out on multiple animations sadly.

Juri-Han-full-3337006.png

For a long time I have thought that if your character switches to 2P side it would be cool to see their backside. This happens with Juri when she's crouching if I am not mistaken.

Edited by AriesWarlock
24 minutes ago, Skort said:

I disagree.

Maybe you know,have it done by someone who can animate ?  Capcom fighters animate far better than NRS ones 

I see no harm in it at all. It would be cool to have the option to see all of the attacks from a different perspective.

Just because NRS fails to implement it does not mean other devs will fail as well.

By introducing a stance switch button you are adding a layer of ureliablity on the animations, since now you will have moves that get obscured because you have your character hiding it with his/her back, not to mention that we lose the strong silhouettes of the key frames.

It is unnecessary resources wasted on something that is a dumb idea.

3 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

They do try hard to make the gameplay work and tried to make something that sounds good in terms of gameplay

but I wonder why they always end up like that later in the competitive scene?

Is there something they probably misunderstood with competitive community that they are recently going in the meh direction?

There is a very noticeable core flaw with NRS games, and that is that they generally suck ass, that's why they can't hold players. 

I'm joking, but at the same time, if you think about it, it's really just that. No matter how much casual fluff these games got, they still can't have good player retention when it comes to competitive. They found their lane and they're 100% sticking to it. The whole franchise is designed for people that unironically think Evil Ryu is cool. Plain and simple. That's the "break" game for the stereotypical FPS player.

Can't say it's not working out for them. The games do sell. They just suck.

I was reading an article recently where Capcom devs were interviewed and among other things they said that they wish to keep certain aspects of what made some characters fun in previous titles and they gave Guile as an example. They kept his V-trigger 1 mini booms and incorporated them into his level 2 super for Street Fighter 6.

While i much prefer Juri's SF 4 toolkit to her SF 5 version, the 5 version had some things that i did enjoy. For example i always liked her charged version of V-Skill 1 " Kasatsushu". Not only did it look cool but it's a call out to one of the moves she does in the Juri OVA,granted , with a few changes.

Juri rushes across the screen and strikes the opponent,switching sides.

AmusingClassicFlycatcher-max-1mb.gif 

This particular move is very good to deal with zoning and you can even bait them by canceling it earlier ,right in their face and go for a throw or normal attack since most of them expect you to let it rip and hit them behind. 

This is more than likely the scene that inspired this move, when Juri charges Guile at full speed preparing to unleash an attack after. 

juri-streetfighter4-animation.gif

I would very much welcome this special move to return for her in SF6 giving Juri multiple follow ups after such as

• Early Cancel mid travel
  • Cancel into a normal mid travel ( it was actually done in SFV mysterious mod )
  • Directional change mid travel, allowing Juri to maybe hop into the air while running towards her opponent and go for a mixup
  • Retain it's projectile invincibility, speed  and full screen travel  but keep the charging dependency required to justify it's strenght

Edited by Skort
6 hours ago, Skort said:

I was reading an article recently where Capcom devs were interviewed and among other things they said that they wish to keep certain aspects of what made some characters fun in previous titles and they gave Guile as an example. They kept his V-trigger 1 mini booms and incorporated them into his level 2 super for Street Fighter 6.

Already missing Isshin, would have liked it as a normal -toned down- special in addition or even instead of the short shitty hadouken (even if EX looks fun)

Latest Ryu GIFs | Gfycat

Guess the Sf4 style "focus attack" would overlap a bit though, eh whatever

12 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Already missing Isshin, would have liked it as a normal -toned down- special in addition or even instead of the short shitty hadouken (even if EX looks fun)

Latest Ryu GIFs | Gfycat

Isshin could have served the same function as Ryu's new move. Isshin could have been it's follow up in Denjin mode.

Edited by Hawkingbird
1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Do not skip the Neutral brother.
Become the Neutral.

20220630233838_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Neutral? What is neutral?

DNF-DUEL_20220628063812.jpg

2 hours ago, Volt said:

Brother, you've grown too degenerate. There's still time, but you must be stopped.

dnf-crusader.gif

All this disgusting dishonesty and degenerate gameplay. Take the footsiespill 

spacer.png

What a queen. What an honest character!!!!

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Isshin could have served the same function as Ryu's new move. Isshin could have been it's follow up in Denjin mode.

Bizzarre part is lore wise as some sort of retcon (as SF3 Ryu did'nt had it) Isshin seems to be some kind of big deal for Ryu, it's literally the move they invented to show his new power (when he defeat Necalli)  in SFV

Strange to see it disappear in SF6, unless they're keeping it for some future gameplay update 🤔

Edited by CESTUS III
Just now, CESTUS III said:

Bizzarre part is lore wise as some sort of retcon (as SF3 Ryu did'nt had it) Isshin seems to be some kind of big deal for Ryu, it's literally the move they invented to show his new power (when he defeat Necalli) 

Strange to see it disappear, unless they're keeping it for some future gameplay update

Chances are that Isshin has became his drive impact.

35 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Chances are that Isshin has became his drive impact.

Indeed but it's essentially just a big punch, is more like the successor of SF4 Focus Attack, even if the type of punch/stance remind a lot Isshin one rather than SF4 one

Guile Street_fighter_6 GIF - Guile Street_fighter_6 Focus Attack - Discover  & Share GIFsLatest Ryu GIFs | Gfycat

Indeed basically the same, but as mechanic (tank an hit and strike) and the absence of hadouken-like energy is more like SF4 FA

SF4 FA was very dfferent pose though because was based on manga's move Kaze no Kobushi

Ultra Street Fighter IV All Focus Attacks on Make a GIF

https://i.ibb.co/KDDNmK1/kaze.jpg

Still funny how they dropped something that in SFV felt like big deal for Ryu of the future

7 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

Eventhubs is such a dog shit site I don't know how they keep that shit running. What scourge on the FGC.

That's easy. It was a game of FGC website musical chairs, when the music stopped, they were the only one left. Most websites stopped updating or updated infrequently to the point of people losing interest. I know with SRK. I used to go to the front page but it kept getting updated less and less. Then eventually I just bookmarked the forums and didn't bother. 

6 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Neutral? What is neutral?

DNF-DUEL_20220628063812.jpg

It's when you get clipped by a 2B into a full combo for trying to bust through like the Kool-Aid Man, brother. 🤣

6 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Latest Ryu GIFs | Gfycat

Isshin the punch? Meh, ain't a lot to write home about on this one.

Isshin the counter tho? Man, Capcom knows better than giving me a Ryu with a counter special. My true potential would be realized. I'd maybe even hit Bronze this time.

Come to think of it... That's really something that would set him apart from the rest of the cast.

8 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Eventhubs as a new source is valid. Just don't engage with it's community. 

It used to be better tbh, but now there's so much bad filler that it's annoying to even use it for that. I deadass keep track of FG news with the tweets y'all post.

50 minutes ago, Volt said:

Isshin the punch? Meh, ain't a lot to write home about on this one.

Isshin the counter tho? Man, Capcom knows better than giving me a Ryu with a counter special. My true potential would be realized. I'd maybe even hit Bronze this time.

Come to think of it... That's really something that would set him apart from the rest of the cast.

It used to be better tbh, but now there's so much bad filler that it's annoying to even use it for that. I deadass keep track of FG news with the tweets y'all post.

The counter, think qcb+P to get something like Takuma's

takuma-kof2002-parry-punch.gif

Would fit him as char, SFV did many things wrong with Ryu but give him ability to destroy your assault with a strong parry block and throw a big fuck you punch was spot on

I'm crappy player, but everytime that shit won a match felt like

Alex (Street Fighter)

19 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

The counter, think qcb+P to get something like Takuma's

takuma-kof2002-parry-punch.gif

Would fit him as char, SFV did many things wrong with Ryu but give him ability to destroy your assault with a strong parry block and throw a big fuck you punch was spot on

I'm crappy player, but everytime that shit won a match felt like

Alex (Street Fighter)

That shit was cash money for me. I always got a counter per set. (And usually lost the set. 🤣)

Hitting people with SFV Ryu was mad satisfying in general, everything he did looked like it did a gorillion damage. Duffing people with that St. HP always had me like:

Damn_hot_thicc_lawd.gif

13 hours ago, JustBooming said:

I like this animation, it's like Guile's got his own shitty Sonic Scythe.

i find kinda hilarious they picked a low kick, i mean a powerful LK to the thigh can surely stagger (and hurt af)  but it's not much... "cinematic"? 

Unless if chosen because Guile must be boring guy lol

But got to give him credit his ultra in 6 is pretty hype

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

it's funny, how in general, smaller companies go back and add rollback netcode. I mean Arika added it to the Switch version of Fighting EX Layer. How many copies has that game sold globally? Did it even hit 100K?

That already demystified the assumption that it's hard to do rollback netcode whether it's an old FG or new FG and regardless it was from the ground up or not it's possible. 

Others are just plain stubborn to adopt the technology for unknown reasons.

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

That already demystified the assumption that it's hard to do rollback netcode whether it's an old FG or new FG and regardless it was from the ground up or not it's possible. 

Others are just plain stubborn to adopt the technology for unknown reasons.

It is hard to do.

You have to either engineer your game from the get go for it, or do some serious re engineering.

They add them because it is one of the few things that can help improve sales.

This happens a lot on small brands for almost anything.

For example, my cheap Genesis bike has waaaaaaaay more features than my Suzuki one.

Smaller brands put more stuff on their products if they can afford it in order to entice buyers, while more established brands tend to just either not care, or think is not necessary.

25 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

For example, my cheap Genesis bike has waaaaaaaay more features than my Suzuki one.

Smaller brands put more stuff on their products if they can afford it in order to entice buyers, while more established brands tend to just either not care, or think is not necessary.

Understand this one much like the case of Neo Geo games wayback and NRS nowadays. Kinda like also on collecting toys and vintage stuff.