Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

7 hours ago, Sonero said:

The character with the best mix in the game is in the same tier as the character with one of the shittiest pressure in the game.

Might as well just say you talked to 6 smash players and Reddit to ask how they felt about the game.

Are you going to actually name them or would you rather just be passive-aggressive about it? :coffee:

52 minutes ago, Volt said:

Are you going to actually name them or would you rather just be passive-aggressive about it? :coffee:

Probably not since I've actually played the game and

24 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

Wait you don’t even play this game? Nigga what do you even play?!?!?

1 hour ago, Volt said:

Right now? Fuck all man, I'm tryna get a bag! 😭

The sacrifice is paying off tho, I didn't mention it in this thread, but I did a C2-level English assessment exam from Michigan University. Passed with honors in 3 out of 4 skills. Aced Listening and Reading (+Grammar).

To put it in perspective, that's the highest certificate I can get without leaving the country.

roman-reigns-universal-champion.gif

So yeah, kinda not really giving a fuck about playing right now.

400879781882888193.webp?size=128&quality

All I see is excuses 

you know who else went to school, played and got the bag?

spacer.png

Just now, Phantom_Miria said:

I think the looks are okay, to me it's her posture that is somewhat weird.

It's pretty hard to top SFV Chun-Li model.

The posture sure is also a problem, but the face is no bueno, at least for me.

It gives me "Chun Li at home" meme vibes.

Not a fan of her 3d model at all.

40 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Thanks gods 

Bearded Ryu nightmare is over 

Classic ones seems all better, need to watch on pc Luke and Jaime ones

watched on pc 

Chun and Guile look good

Damn Ryu in default pose looks like shit, he's ok in other screenshots 

Luke one is ok as alt, does'nt fix the fact he still seem to lack an option worth of being considered standard design, hope will get a MMA costume similar to SFV one 

Jaime one looks cool, concept wise is worse than the default but i give it props for being less flat

32 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

I don't get that sentiment at all, she looks great, imo.

FYTYQcsWIAE54qt?format=jpg&name=4096x409

There is a reason why i said "at least for me" :coffee:

I simply don't like the face, it feels like a generic chinese/asian woman face that you find in a character creator on an rpg.

The shape of the face and specially the lips and nose, it just doesn't make it for me.

At least with the classic bangs, she manages to look better than the default (for me) , since it helps to mitigate my issue with the shape of the head.

Then there is some uncanny valley thing going on at times, due the combination of photo realism and stylazition that kicks in at certain animations, like the with idle posture, which is fine on a sprite but looks off with the current art style that sf6 has.

Edited by Hecatom
10 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

i have no problem with new face, i like it

Only problem to me is she definitely needs some muscle buff on arms, her standard pose is bit ridicolous with current proportions

SF always had weird proportions, but the photorealism is definitely clashing with its stylization at times rather than complimenting it wholly. 

Classic Ryu just looks abominable. Is this what Ken fans felt when they saw him in SF4?

31 minutes ago, Daemos said:

SF always had weird proportions, but the photorealism is definitely clashing with its stylization at times rather than complimenting it wholly. 

Classic Ryu just looks abominable. Is this what Ken fans felt when they saw him in SF4?

Classic Ryu in 6 reminds me of SF4 Ryu levels of ugly.

It might even be a bit worse because the body and posture are SF4-like, but they seem to be trying to imitate Super Turbo Ryu with the face, and I think the two things are clashing.

38 minutes ago, Daemos said:

10 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

You don’t deserve anything good in life. 

@Daemosproblem there is they wanted her arms to be less muscular, guess to make her appear more feminine, but they keept her huge legs, so her figure lost balance and on default pose upper and lower half seems two different people 

Classic kinda mitigate it because shirt make shoulders look "big" and classic giant spiked bracelets, but still does'nt fix it 

Either buff arms, nerf legs or bit of both

@TWINBLADESif good is this kind of stuff, yeah i don't think i need more, hopefully life will stop being generous

23 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

@Daemosproblem there is they wanted her arms to be less muscular, guess to make her appear more feminine, but they keept her huge legs, so her figure lost balance and on default pose upper and lower half seems two different people 

Classic kinda mitigate it because shirt make shoulders look "big" and classic giant spiked bracelets, but still does'nt fix it 

Either buff arms, nerf legs or bit of both

In the regular outfit this is made worse by the fact she isn't wearing her big-ass boots from the classic design. So what you end up having is a thin upper body, massive fucking thighs in the middle, tiny feet at the bottom, and the whole posture looks unbalanced and unstable.

26 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

It might even be a bit worse because the body and posture are SF4-like, but they seem to be trying to imitate Super Turbo Ryu with the face,

Exactly!

They went too far back. They should've just given us 3S Ryu, not this Frankenstein's monster stitched together from the worst parts of the other games. The only thing missing is his SF1 shoes to complete this atrocious amalgamation!