Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

4 hours ago, Skort said:

A bit random but you know that lil intro before the match starts in SF 6 where both characters walk towards the ring ? 

I am really curious how they are gonna pull that one out when it comes to evil characters like Juri, Bison, Seth etc. 

I don't see Juri waving to the public that's for sure.But imagine some of these evil characters getting a animation where they punch someone from the crowd while moving towards the ring lol.  

EDIT : this seems fitting...

street-fighter-tekken.gif

i can see villains have bad guy gimmicks, but i doubt they will get any interaction with the background characters as stages changes and so the intro background (and npc) changes too i think 

Closest is probably going to be fake interaction where they insult or try to scare the audience 

3 hours ago, Jocelot said:

I think it's also possible that SF6 doesn't launch early 2023 tbh, or at least not February. I know vanilla SFIV / SFV set the precedent but who knows, maybe 6 will break the mold in that regard. 

That or maybe the game actually won't launch with all 22 of the leaked characters? Ehhh I dunno I could be totally wrong but jeah guess we'll see

Considering what they showed and knowing they got waaay more stuff already done but hiding it for marketing bullshit schedule, i would not be pessimistic tbh

7 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

DNF needs some unsafe shit. Finding holes in blockstrings and things to punish is a pain in the ass. 

All the unsafe moves can be chained into each other. It practically renders any potential punish non existent because who the fuck is gonna dare to steal their turn against Hitman? Lol 

that’s why I treat this game like fucking mega man. Fuck the frame data I’ll just watch the big move hit the ground then jump and shoot!

10 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

All the unsafe moves can be chained into each other. It practically renders any potential punish non existent because who the fuck is gonna dare to steal their turn against Hitman? Lol 

that’s why I treat this game like fucking mega man. Fuck the frame data I’ll just watch the big move hit the ground then jump and shoot!

The chaining has it's limit (unless your Striker). It would be good for some moves to no longer chain when they are blocked. The move Hitman does where he throws his sword, Ranger's slide

Edited by Hawkingbird
52 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It would be good for some moves to no longer chain when they are blocked. The move Hitman does where he throws his sword,

236M? I don't think that one actually chains into anything. Isn't the common gatling A -> B -> S -> MS?

It's +2 tho, so I get that you can't exactly try to mash after it. You play Grappler, right? I don't think he has a lot of options if Hitman's 2A reaches after that. Dealing with a "5f" low sounds rough for him. It should be easier to deal with it if 2A ain't a threat tho.

I can't wait to see what will happen after people really start to lab those matchups.

4 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

What hell no...that tower drove me nuts.  Much prefer having a ranked and casual match option.  

i see a lot of people express that and dont really get why

sure, the tower was not very good as a ranked mode, in that skill level at floors 10/celestial varied wildly within floors much less between them. You can also pick matches, dodge people etc which is wack for a ranked mode

h o w e v e r

the tower was great in that it put everyone playing in the same place, and had enough social functions to meet or target specific people in it. I thought it was pretty cool that I can see top players grinding and play them if I want/go out of my way to get specific character matchup exp. It was a flawed take on ranked in that it didnt really provide an actual rank to grind and had DIY matchmaking, but I think it was actually fantastic for trying to get better/meeting consistent players. I think it had more to offer than the bog standard netplay options and hope to see more like it in the future

Edited by Shahenzan
5 hours ago, Sonero said:

Why did it drive you nuts?

All the bugs, taking forever to match up with someone, people dodging bad matchups, etc.   There was a lot of bs to navigate when I can just select ranked/casual in other games and get matches fast and easy.  

Also, it may not matter to some people but I enjoy ranking up and earning a new title.  

8 minutes ago, Skort said:

Regardless of what they do with the lobby i hope they add different point / ranking system per character. I would like to play my alts at the level they are at and slowly rank them up,rather than tossing me in the same matchmaking pool as my main.

Yeah, this is something I've wanted in SFV for a long time.  The current system discourages picking up new characters.  

46 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

All the bugs, taking forever to match up with someone, people dodging bad matchups, etc.   There was a lot of bs to navigate when I can just select ranked/casual in other games and get matches fast and easy.  

Also, it may not matter to some people but I enjoy ranking up and earning a new title.  

I like to use ranked as a quick match and trying to get matches going in Stride's tower was a slog. I did more waiting than playing. I also hate how a set can be interrupted by ranking up or ranking down. Can I finish this 2 out of 3 before I get kicked from heaven?

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

Maybe its because I play Gio or because IDAGF who I play against (unless its HC, that's just a whole state of mind to fight him), but don't think I've had much dodging to deal with in general. Think the biggest issue with it is the connections issues when getting up to the cabinet. If they fixed that, you sort of get to roll up to a local every time you get in the tower. Turn on the system, get to the floor, people I recognize are there, can run multilple sets with the same person if I want to.

Makes it way better to learn match ups and/or for the general community feel of it. I've met up with surprising amount of people through PMs because of the tower system. Unlike SF4/SF5 ranked which was basically only good for hatemail.

17 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Can I finish this 2 out of 3 before I get kicked from heaven?

Nope, go back to floor 7.

1 hour ago, Skort said:

Regardless of what they do with the lobby i hope they add different point / ranking system per character. I would like to play my alts at the level they are at and slowly rank them up,rather than tossing me in the same matchmaking pool as my main.

That is actually one of the few things I missed about Street Fighter IV. I agree, that setup needs to come back.