Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

16 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

In the regular outfit this is made worse by the fact she isn't wearing her big-ass boots from the classic design. So what you end up having is a thin upper body, massive fucking thighs in the middle, tiny feet at the bottom, and the whole posture looks unbalanced and unstable.

That too 

Kinda OT , but also classic Guile is saved as buff army pants hide a bit he skipped legs day during timeskip years 

Wich is kinda important since he's more a kick guy than a punch one lol

Personally I think Chun's stance already looked completely off in her new default, the classic costume just emphasises some issues because we're used to seeing her wearing it and looking "right" when doing so. But it's not a big issue IMO because as soon as she starts moving around and attacking she looks fine, it's just those few seconds before the round starts that'll be awkward.

But it retroactively proves Capcom right when they explained the exaggerated hands and feet in the past, you can definitely see here how they improved on the silhouette, even if they make the models look weird during cinematic angles.

42 minutes ago, delete_me said:

But it retroactively proves Capcom right when they explained the exaggerated hands and feet in the past, you can definitely see here how they improved on the silhouette, even if they make the models look weird during cinematic angles.

Then how do you explain others doing it better without exaggerated hands and feet?

3 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

So have we had any first impressions from people who are playing at SDCC? Seeing a lot of footage but not seeing a lot of thoughts

I doubt they'll be any new insights. It's the same playable build as before. I was hoping for the Guile build which has several updates beyond just Guile being playable.

7 hours ago, Daemos said:

SF always had weird proportions, but the photorealism is definitely clashing with its stylization at times rather than complimenting it wholly. 

This is why I think from the beginning everything could go wrong with the choice of the current art style since most of the SF characters were made with the art style in though to be more cartoonish and anime. Like SFzero, SF3 and SF4

That's really the problem yet the whole art style of the game is that way that will dictate everything, so probably that's what they can do. 

So they will end up with that problem regardless what they do, unless they go like Jump Force 

gm-5738686f-aee2-427d-baa3-cae4ccec367f-

3 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Then how do you explain others doing it better without exaggerated hands and feet?

Which others? The only 2D fighter with a semi-realistic style is Mortal Kombat. And while its characters look ok when idle, they look absolutely goofy when moving around. Wouldn't call that doing it better, it's a similar problem on the same spectrum, but on the other side of the coin.

35 minutes ago, delete_me said:

Which others? The only 2D fighter with a semi-realistic style is Mortal Kombat. And while its characters look ok when idle, they look absolutely goofy when moving around. Wouldn't call that doing it better, it's a similar problem on the same spectrum, but on the other side of the coin.

The reason why they always had these big hand and feet, if you want to believe them that is, was for gameplay reasons.
because it would be easier to see them that way.

No other company has done this, somehow you could identify a fist as a fist, even if it wasn't 3x the size of what it should be.

Now the problem with Chun is neither the hand nor the feet, it's the pose as a whole. It looks bad the way it is now, there is no problem with the model, since it's completly fine outside of her idle pose.

Needs tweaking of the Pose, not much more.

Also I think SNK did a better transition to 3D than SF did, they made a prototype and then made KoFXV.

Also Samsho.

Also since when is SF Semi-realistic? 

FYT0dt6X0AEU30C?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Found the problem for me. They stretched her torso too much. Chun-li the giraffe. Now her boobs look farther away from her face. Shoulders are less puffed up. Maybe the back leg is in the right position, but something about from the knee down looks off to me. Maybe that in that image she was in motion and so the pose is a little off.

And yes, sadly, since they are going for realistic the titties took a hit.

Edited by AriesWarlock
34 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Found the problem for me. They stretched her torso too much. Chun-li the giraffe. Now her boobs look farther away from her face. Shoulders are less puffed up. Maybe the back leg is in the right position, but something about from the knee down looks off to me. Maybe that in that image she was in motion and so the pose is a little off.

And yes, sadly, since they are going for realistic the titties took a hit.

it's an inevitable problem  because of the art style

Art style is quite okay if i do say so myself. Enhanced graphical fidelity while still retaining the "cartoonish" style of the franchise. Touches a bit of "realistic" proportions via the normalized palms and feet but does not stray away too far from the art style we have grown accustomed to.  I like the art style of SF6.

Regarding the characters 

• Luke is a clear improvement from his SF5 version, but it would  had been difficult to be worst.
  • Chun ? It's one of those characters where people expect it to be "perfect". It's far from. Definitely not an ugly model but overall average, not higher. Long story short, her upper part is way too thin compared to lower one,her hairline in front needs work and her idle pose is just poorly executed,though she looks okay in motion.Perhaps they will fine tune some more before release.
  • Guile looks okay in both his new default and his nostalgia one.Good work.
  • Ryu looks okay as well. His new default combines elements from Gouken and Oro more or less while retaining Ryu's overall style. A good evolution. His classic default needs a bit more work. The clothes feel a bit too baggy,but overall it's okay.
  • Jamie.Not much to comment on this dude. Completely new character.I don't mind his look.
  • Cammy. From the low quality leak we saw. I think they did a good job on her face.

Screenshot-2022-07-24-182603.jpg

However, her pose seemed a bit  off as well though proportions seem good.

.cammy-pose-leak.jpg

PS : From the time i had so far using 3D software,working on cloth materials as well. Ryu's classic clothes look like they are not weight painted properly and as it sits, do not hang on the body properly or do not follow the body as they should yet. Regardless, keep in mind that this version of the game is early beta at best.

Edited by Skort

Seeing Nostalgia Chun pretty much made me realize SF6 is bringing my worst fears about the game into reality - Capcom switches to RE from Unreal, keeps the muscle definition and proportions of the characters, shifts into a more realistic artstyle, and as a result we get shit like Chun-Li's weird thigh/ankle ratio and Luke popeye forearms.

28 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

Seeing Nostalgia Chun pretty much made me realize SF6 is bringing my worst fears about the game into reality - Capcom switches to RE from Unreal, keeps the muscle definition and proportions of the characters, shifts into a more realistic artstyle, and as a result we get shit like Chun-Li's weird thigh/ankle ratio and Luke popeye forearms.

They all look fine in motion, the more you look at any still image, the more problems you'll find.

Y'all acting like you've seen SF4/SFV Ken or something. 🤣

1 hour ago, PVL_93_RU said:

The engine has no influence on the aesthetics. Monster Hunter Rise is developed using the RE engine and nothing is realistic in that game.

12 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

@Skorthave you played Sifu? There's a mod you could try. Probably one of Cammy down the line.

Played AND finished it using the Juri mod.  Posted some screenshots some months ago 😉

Not only that you can find the Juri mod for Sifu on nexus mod, there is also a mod for her that adds some of her attack animations from SF into Sifu.

Edited by Skort
35 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

and yet here we are with Street Fighter, Devil May Cry and Resident Evil basically look the same now. We haven't seen Dragon's Dogma 2 yet either.

Street Fighter and Resident Evil do not look the same. WTF! Your going to tell me Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection and Exoprimal look like Street Fighter too. Same engine and all. 

6 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

that's the problem - Chun just looks bad regardless if she's moving or standing still

Now, I understand that neither of us is right or wrong because we're talking about personal opinions...

1 hour ago, PVL_93_RU said:

and yet here we are with Street Fighter, Devil May Cry and Resident Evil basically look the same now. We haven't seen Dragon's Dogma 2 yet either.

Oh, to hell with this.

WWE_Negged.gif

2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I since the start have been saying that I don't like how Chun Li works, so at least I keep it consistent :coffee:

Also, I don't like Cammy's face either, the lips look like a doll.

True. I don't really remember anyone else mentioning it, but I do remember you complaining about Chun's bangs.

5 minutes ago, Volt said:

True. I don't really remember anyone else mentioning it, but I do remember you complaining about Chun's bangs.

It wasn't really the bangs, but how the bangs looked combined with the shape of the face and the overall face structure.

The classic bangas actually help mitigate the problem I have with the face.

But the lipstick makes my problem with the shape of the lips be more apparent, so is not really a win scenario, lol.

The game looks nice graphically, but I don't like how Chun or Cammy look.

It almost feels the same to what happens with Strive, that looks gorgeous, but I really dislike most of all of the the new designs. (Although, is just with how the faces of Chun and Cammy look in this case, and that the high fidelity kind of clashes with the current idle stances)

At least in terms of gameplay it feels like something I will probably be interested to play unlike Strive that is trash.

Edited by Hecatom

Made a post on the DNF D reddit and some random dude DM’d me to join his discord. Turn out the guy mains Launcher but he is Deity. We do like 20+ matches and he fucking obliterates me. Clean wash it was fucking demoralizing. After the L I leave and he tell me he wanted to show me tech so I could be a better launcher since our character sucks and we gotta stick together. 

fighting games are something great.

spacer.png

10 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

While I disagree with the stance that they look the same, it still boils down to an artistic decision and not a limitation or byproduct of the engine used.

You can do whatever the hell you want with your engine. Tetris Effect and Hellblade share the same one, for example. So do Breath of the Wild and Ring Fit Adventure.