Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

26 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

By rejecting Blanka you reject your own Brazilian heritage.

Embrace the green electric jungle monster that is inside you and every single Brazilian person/green monster! Don't reject your true nature (as envisioned by Japanese videogame developers who never went outside of their own country)!

spacer.png

What a fucking god like image. Would give everyone of them my seed!!!!!!!

57 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

What a fucking god like image. Would give everyone of them my seed!!!!!!!

This dude would bang She-Blanka, he's down horrendous.

We gotta set up a DNF tournament with hookers on the Matcherino ASAP. Y'all too horny out there. 🤣

10 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

By rejecting Blanka you reject your own Brazilian heritage.

Embrace the green electric jungle monster that is inside you and every single Brazilian person/green monster! Don't reject your true nature (as envisioned by Japanese videogame developers who never went outside of their own country)!

spacer.png

Yo, Akuma is pissed as fuck in that image 🤣

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yo, Akuma is pissed as fuck in that image 🤣

Demitri is about to SGS him without condom regardless how he feels about it 

DS power levels > SF Akuma stronk retardness 

Actually good taste SF fans should petition for Akuma to be sent being abused in DS and to stay there for next 3 DS games 

Edited by CESTUS III
19 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Mortal Kombat outside of sales, never has a strong competitive presence.

Games that sell like less than 10% of what they sell end having more participants and more active scenes both offline and online.

So is not really surprising

They do try hard to make the gameplay work and tried to make something that sounds good in terms of gameplay

but I wonder why they always end up like that later in the competitive scene?

Is there something they probably misunderstood with competitive community that they are recently going in the meh direction?

21 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

They do try hard to make the gameplay work and tried to make something that sounds good in terms of gameplay

but I wonder why they always end up like that later in the competitive scene?

Is there something they probably misunderstood with competitive community that they are recently going in the meh direction?

Is not really recently.

I think that is a combination of a lot of factors.

MK historically was not really part of the fgc, specially during the 3d era prior to NRS.

The community was mostly online during that time, so it wasn't part of the culture to attend events.

Not that they didn't have them, but it was not the norm.

Then add that the appeal of their games for the major bulk of players is on a very casual side.

Where they play it for the story, some matches with friends and then shelve the games after a month or 2.

They have a bad conversion ration in terms of turning their player base into enthusiasts and hardcore.

And this probably comes from what we have talked on this thread on other ocassions, that fgs require certain mindset that not many people have.

As much as casual appeal the ip has, as games they really fail to be casual and noob friendly, with how their mechanics and the general feel of the game works.

Is kind of amusing that their less polished game, MK9, is the one that had more success in terms of competitive play.

With each iteration they do some good qol changes into their games, but also shoot themselves on the foot in the process with others.

5 minutes ago, Skort said:

Stance switch to view the back of your character is something MK has that I want for SF to be honest. There is a mod for SFV but it bugs out on multiple animations sadly.

I would welcome this feature for SF6.

They definitely experimented with that for Gill in SFV. Makes me wonder if Vega's next iteration will not feature a magical hand-swapping claw.

11 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

They definitely experimented with that for Gill in SFV. Makes me wonder if Vega's next iteration will not feature a magical hand-swapping claw

Yea Gill has this feature and it looks cool but it depends on what side he is on. I would prefer if you get to chose how your character stands regardless of left or right position .  I just like to view the characters from multiple perspectives / angles.

I disagree.

Maybe you know,have it done by someone who can animate ?  Capcom fighters animate far better than NRS ones 

I see no harm in it at all. It would be cool to have the option to see all of the attacks from a different perspective.

Just because NRS fails to implement it does not mean other devs will fail as well.

40 minutes ago, Skort said:

Stance switch to view the back of your character is something MK has that I want for SF to be honest. There is a mod for SFV but it bugs out on multiple animations sadly.

I would welcome this feature for SF6.

Tbh unless the character is specifically designed for it as default stance (SS Genjuro the first that come to mind) or we want make jokes about females with best ass (in SFV would say Kolin), back-side pose will often just suck and offer less details/personality

Would give readability problems too

31 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

They definitely experimented with that for Gill in SFV. Makes me wonder if Vega's next iteration will not feature a magical hand-swapping claw.

At that point i would prefer Vega to have completely visually different animations for strikes depending on side (claw being on lead hand or rear hand), but keeping same frames/hitbox/hurbox properties

Edited by CESTUS III
6 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

back-side pose will often just suck and offer less details/personality

What do you mean ? 

It would have the same level of animation viewed from a different perspective. It would be a toggle if the user wants to,not forced based on screen positioning as it works for Gill.

Edited by Skort
19 minutes ago, Skort said:

What do you mean ? 

It would have the same level of animation viewed from a different perspective. It would be a toggle if the user wants to,not forced based on screen positioning as it works for Gill.

For readability?

ryu-mp.gif

Hand travel in front of him in a clean not-interrupted line

If you was watching it from his opposite side, you will see his right elbow raise and then punch appearing to the other side

Same move, harder to read

Or without be THAT specific just watch  here

Street Fighter 6 sembra avere insulti specifici del personaggio - Jugo  Mobile | Notizie e recensioni sulla tecnologia e giochi

From other side you would basically never see Ryu hands, harder see a punch being thrown

Of course it's not a problem for a lot of 3D FGs, but SF ever put lot of thought about how a single strike should appear and be seen

Edited by CESTUS III