Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

19 hours ago, Skort said:
  • Ryu looks okay as well. His classic default needs a bit more work. The clothes feel a bit too baggy,but overall it's okay.

In the story thread i made a 5 minutes ugly photoshop, easily fix the overall shit look

-Waist line need to be less wide

-Belt should not look so loose and low both as stripe (wich should look more like an orizontal line, not a "v") and as knot. Also make it darker (can still be bit faded, does'nt need pure black) to contrast with the white mass and cut it

- crotch pants point needs to be higher, low shitty pants make legs looks shorter/less dynamic

-adjusted bit the shoulder area

Ironically watching the pic somebody did with 4-V-6 comparision, it's indeed most of what got wrong in the transition

Very small changes can do world of difference in the overall visual impact

https://i.ibb.co/F4n7QMX/ryu.jpg

Problem is i doubt they will do shit about it

I'm so used about capcom do shit and be like "good enough" and don't fix anything
What surprise me is think that baggy crap was seen by multiple experts and still got greenlight
to be announced at comic-con like that, when few hours of work would have fixed it easy

Remind me bit when they delivered the infamous early MCV Chun li 

But really doubt Ryu shit will cause anywhere close level of outrage, so guess we have already our first KenVface lol, and it's my fav char 🥲

However, her pose seemed a bit  off as well though proportions seem good.

.cammy-pose-leak.jpg

Proportions here seems less awkward for the reason i explained before for Chun, if you want reduce muscle mass on arms for female (something SF6 seems to do watching Chun and Cammy there), for balanced proportions either you tone down legs too or accept give some mass on arms

Cammy does'nt have Chun's giant legs, so she looks better with SF6 style arms, Chun have thighs about twice as large (and shoulders/cloth are way more narrow than V) and as result she's a deformed centaur 🤣

Luke is a clear improvement from his SF5 version, but it would  had been difficult to be worst.

Tbh i get hate on Luke is cool gimmick, but on reality don't i find he was THAT terrible SF design at all (aside few big flaws, but still far from being worst SFV design) and think with V->6 he lost as much as he gained so far

+ The character itself looks better overall: better hair (good choice go full brown with a shade, rather than more un-needed blondfighterV tint on a rare non-blond SF whiteguy), better face and look on general, great decision remove the shitty stars tattoo from forearms.

The tooth braces were terrible too, another good change. Scars may be bit tryhard touch but work well on him so he can be took bit more seriously, kid needed bit of visible fighter street creds

- The costumes so far are bad. Both are urban generic clothes that while just douchy and not particular ugly, completely fail at look "SF designs" with something particular that sell him as a Capcom/SF official design. Both can work as alt looks, but default fail at being a main design

SFV version at least had the MMA look (just like Ryu have a Karate gi)  going for him, SF6 one have nothing

In the trailer where he work on the heavy bag  we see it's supposed to be his gym training outfit (that's why he's bare-feet) and there almost work, but as soon we see him on a street stage he just seem a drunk douche that forgot to wear shoes before go outside

- the popeye forearms that are truly terrible in SF6, rather than capcom anatomy style dude seems just born deformed

Edited by CESTUS III
1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

-Waist line need to be less wide

You leave my THICC 31-32 inch Ryu waistline out of this! How is he gonna save the world? HE'S TOO STRONG FOR ANYTHING LESS!

Also this beckons the question, did Capcom intentionally give Ryu more breathing room in the crotch area this time around? What are they trying to say? He's too poor to buy pants that fit? Or is it something else...

gizelle-bryant-housewives-of-potomac.gif

On the subject of engines.

I think some people misunderstand how engines can affect art style direction.

Yes, and engine rendering capabilities can dictate certain aspects of how a game can look, but the art style is not dependent of engine.

Like other have pointed out, Unreal is a good example, going with UE3, we have Gears of War, all the NRS games, Xrd, the FFXIII gamesand many others.

Each with really different art styles, and yet all of them share the engine.

The same for Half Life and Apex which share the Source engine.

Or the MT Framework engine from capcom, that powered MVC3 and DMC4, Dragon's Dogma.

So far while we have seen the rendering capabilities of the RE engine with the RE games (duh) to make some really nice photo realistic games, we are also seeing it branch into more stylistic games like MH Rise and now SF6.

In my case my problem is that photo realistic details kind of clash with the stylistic proportions of the cast (Mostly Chun Li at the moment and Cammy's face and idle animation) but that is not the fault of the engine, but the art direction, which doesn't necessarily means that is bad, is just a thing on how certain details can be improved, imo.

I think that their approach of trying to replicate classic idle poses with the more photo realistic yet stylized cast looks off, since the new proportions make the weird poses to look more apparent.

Edited by Hecatom

I have to say: people have whined for years and years and years about the huge-ass feet and hands in Street Fighter games.

Well, now they've shrunk them a little bit and you get the still very jacked up bodies of before with small hands and feet, and I feel it looks kinda weird. I also think that, at least with costumes that had boots and the like, the bigger they were the better, because it gave you the impression that if got hit by those you were gonna get hurt. Compare it now with those pathetic boots Cammy got in her classic costume for 6, it looks pretty lame.

Capcom gave SF characters those proportions back in the '90s and they knew what they were doing back then, it was stylized and exaggerated but it worked well in motion and in still poses. These are characters that are going to stretch their limbs, throw fireballs from their hands and eject electricity anyway, I never understood why I was supposed to care about their limbs being a little bigger than normal.

But, to balance the criticism with some good vibes, maybe this is because we're being hyper-analytical about a few still images of characters in their default pose. It could be that the game in motion looks very different, and when it came to cinematics in particular the models have always looked absolutely stunning, even in the 240p Cammy leak one.

1 hour ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

What y'all think? Fixed or needs more?

Chun-Li SF6 Proportions Fixed Edit

I actually think her thigh is fine. What that fix did was have her thigh engulf her hip. Not to mention unlike in SFV, in SF6 both legs are more parallel to the other one.

Edited by AriesWarlock
34 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

It is still funny to me how we went from

"You need an Arcade Stick to play dude, it's the only way you ever be good dude!"

To
"Oh my god, these Hitbox and Controller player are suppresing us poor Arcade Stick player! Look we are at a huge disadvantage! We are being opressed!"

I don't really find it so surprising at all. Originally fighting games were built for the arcades and ported to consoles. That being the case they were built around arcade sticks. As arcades faded and games began to be built for consoles, they were built around controllers since that was the primary input method for most players. As @Sonerosaid, Hitbox has always been broken. Hitbox is like RE4 Wii Edition. The game was built around analog stick. Having precision accuracy with the Wii Mote was just plain broken.

1 hour ago, Yiceman said:

Daigo just talks his stream of consciousness to his chat like any other streamer but people take it like he's giving in-depth interviews on his life theories, lol.

Yeah, Daigo is capricious and will say whatever is on his mind at the time.   The man will change his opinions constantly depending on his mood. 

Edited by HeavensCloud
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't really find it so surprising at all. Originally fighting games were built for the arcades and ported to consoles. That being the case they were built around arcade sticks. As arcades faded and games began to be built for consoles, they were built around controllers since that was the primary input method for most players. As @Sonerosaid, Hitbox has always been broken. Hitbox is like RE4 Wii Edition. The game was built around analog stick. Having precision accuracy with the Wii Mote was just plain broken.

Same with Metroid Prime.

And it was beautiful. 🙏

6 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

There was a Castlevania fighting game once, and Carmilla looked crazy in it.

In a very Bollywood, low-budget kind of way that game was really enjoyable. It also had some excellent remixes of some classic Castlevania themes. Totally worth looking up the OST.

The game is also a rather interesting look into how severe limitations set upon a team by the execs can produce outside-of-the-box results. Igarashi was told to make "a 3D Castlevania game for the Wii in which you use motion controls to attack" and he got a budget that was just barely bigger than that of the DS games. So he and his team came up with this fighting game – and also a new headdress for Shanoa as they didn't have money to animate her hair.

Anyway, yeah, not technically a "good" game, but a fun one for sure. If you're a Castlevania fan and still have a Wii lying around it's worth picking up. You can also play it with the classic controller, which works infinitely better than the motion controls (as expected).

19 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Needs different imho, after i give it a try

@Chun-Li_Foreverhere it is

Did'nt focused much on twist the leg, just showing how very minimal buff on arms/shoulders and nerf on thighs volume does wonders both at balance proportions and make the posture less ridicolous, suddently does'nt look anymore a centaur sitting on an invisible chair 🤣 

Left the groin area as it was because make sense with the hip placement

https://i.ibb.co/12xvxWB/chun.jpg

Edited by CESTUS III

The problem is that people assume and equates this game having those numbers with being f2p.

Lets not ignore that is a game with multiple recognizable ips on it, with the backing of a multibillion dollar company making the pr for it.

Then add that plenty of games do extremely well during the Open beta/launch, just for them to fizzle out.

Even If the game is successful (I think it will), to assume that the model will work for other games is silly.

For every f2p game that is successful we have way more that aren't.

Then is the whole can of worms that is the monetization schemes that f2p games bring to the table.

TBH, I prefer what DOA5&6 and KI do, where you have the f2p component with rotating chars and the option to either buy just the chars you want or buy the whole game and work on the usual model.

Toss in a physical version for it every now and then for the people like me who prefers to have physical media, that compiles the updates and dlc and we are cool.

Edited by Hecatom
3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Also, I hate this mentality that a game needs a constant influx of content to be enjoyed.

This only hurts gaming in the long run, is because shit like this we now have battle passes, progression systems on games that don't need them, etc, etc.

I'll say that's necessary for MMOs and other types of online RPGs where endgame content is the meat of the game. I don't think that's necessary for games that are largely competitive as the content will be driven by the players.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Then is the whole can of worms that is the monetization schemes that f2p games bring to the table.

This is what I always feared to happen. this what had ruined the future potential of mobile gaming as a whole or what could it had been possibly.