Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

It would be quite a missed opportunity not to have cross play between all, looking at the fact that SF 6 will be available on all platforms, big chance to keep the entire player base together.

Lord have mercy on the countless posts and threads that will  be made if the cross play won't be made properly and a lot of desync will happen between so many different type of platforms. Let's hope it's not the case.

PS : While not 100% confirmed, there is no way in hell stuff like  Xbox and PC won't have cross play between one another and looking at how PC and PS 4 /5 have cross play  for SFV that kinda indicates that yea, it's gonna be between all most likely.

PS 2 : The only modern console that SF 6 won't be available is the Xbox One right ? Curious why since it's available on PS4. Is Xbox One that underpowered compared to PS 4 ?

Screenshot-2022-07-21-010820.jpg

1 hour ago, Skort said:

It would be quite a missed opportunity not to have cross play between all, looking at the fact that SF 6 will be available on all platforms, big chance to keep the entire player base together.

Lord have mercy on the countless posts and threads that will  be made if the cross play won't be made properly and a lot of desync will happen between so many different type of platforms. Let's hope it's not the case.

I don't doubt that there will be a lot of problems, specially between consoles and PC, it will be inevitable due the different specs and performance that the game will have.

I hope they let us filter them out.

3 hours ago, Skort said:

The only modern console that SF 6 won't be available is the Xbox One right ? Curious why since it's available on PS4. Is Xbox One that underpowered compared to PS 4 ?

This is pure speculation, but I think it's because the newer Xbox consoles aren't as hard to get as the PS5 is. Everyone who wants to upgrade their Xbox probably already has, and the market of exclusively XB1 players probably isn't large enough for them to really bother with it.

On the flip side, the PS4 has a massive player base still, and the PS5 remains hard for many people to get their hands on. I'm sure they'd like to just move on to the current gen, but the PS4 community is too large a number to pass up.

4 hours ago, Skort said:

PS 2 : The only modern console that SF 6 won't be available is the Xbox One right ? Curious why since it's available on PS4. Is Xbox One that underpowered compared to PS 4 ?

Install base. The Xbox One sold so poorly in comparison to the PS4, Microsoft stopped releasing sales numbers. The Switch blew by it in under two years. Even by Xbox standards it was a complete joke in Japan. The vast majority of it's user base is confined to North American and the UK. Also the Xbox wasn't a big platform for fighting games. Sony locked down as my fighting games as they could. Cross play didn't become a thing until the last part of the generation. So people bought fighting games on the system their friends owned so that they could play together.

15 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

SF4 and good SF in the same sentence? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

His contempt for SFV is SSS tier and he thinks every post SF4 fighting game all suck massive ass . He’s also got allot contempt for the modern day FGC. I knew Snake was a say it with your chest guy but man this is funny to watch lol 

59 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

Snake Eyez on stream right now going absolutely scorched earth on SFV, saying anime games have shit neutral and that SF4 was the last good SF lmao!!!

Hes also not impressed with SF6. He thinks it’s still gonna be people spazzing out like in SFV. My man is seething hahahaaa

SnakeEyze proving he is a peasant with zero knowledge of fgs lmao.

2 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

Snake Eyez on stream right now going absolutely scorched earth on SFV, saying anime games have shit neutral and that SF4 was the last good SF lmao!!!

Hes also not impressed with SF6. He thinks it’s still gonna be people spazzing out like in SFV. My man is seething hahahaaa

The man never played Neutral in his life then.

Whats great about anime Neutral is usually it is fast paced and you can use the air a lot more.

It's more dynamic than the standard SF Neutral

Ahh well I can't really say I'm surprised, I remember Champ having similar sentiments. Guys like him, Snake n Juicebox Abel etc just reaaaaaaaaaaally liked SFIV.  

But jeah you can like whatever you want but you lose me when you shit on "anime" neutral. Especially when people use it to describe a hugeass blanket of games. 

You gonna tell me Arcana Heart Love Max!!!!! And UNIEL have the same neutral? That's literally crazytalk.

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

This hilarious for multiple reasons. They already gender flipped Chang Koehan and female Chang was really short. Female Choi looks to be regular height. So they'll have opposite genders and opposite height dynamics 🤣

They also have female Geese in KoF All Stars.
honestly making waifus out of their male characters was predictabo!

42 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

There is something weird that keep'd scratching my head all the time.

Why was Zoning in SF the most boring ass shit I ever encounterd

Yet using a Zoner in BB, Melty, KoF or even GG was the most fun I usually had.

Well I actually agree with you on that.  I never found zoners interesting in SF but I played Axl in GG and Ranger in DNF.  Something about anime zoners is just more interesting to me.  

4 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

There is something weird that keep'd scratching my head all the time.

Why was Zoning in SF the most boring ass shit I ever encounterd

Yet using a Zoner in BB, Melty, KoF or even GG was the most fun I usually had.

I might actually know why.

Let's take SF4 as an example.

If you picked Sagat, you had a good ass zoner, no doubt about it. But think about the options you had. Mostly 2 horizontal fireballs of varying speed and a good set of tools to complement them like good buttons and a DP.

Did it work well in the context of that game? Yeah, for sure. but you're still mostly chucking that plasma. It doesn't feel super satisfying to land, I'm pretty sure it doesn't knockdown normally, and the damage is ok. I can understand being mostly unsatisfied with that style.

Ironically, despite it being a generally terrible idea, I had more fun zoning with Akuma when I played casual sets on that game.

When you compare SF-style zoning to anime though... hoo boy. Where do I begin.

CT Nu had a fuck ton of swords covering multiple angles that led to damaging fullscreen combos, slow fields, nice normals, mobility, and even her basic zoning led into a chunk of damage and a KD.

But most importantly, anime games in general have a higher power level than SF.

So you have these tools that are straight up way stronger than anything you're getting in SF, but the opponent also gets a lot more ways to deal with them, which makes neutral a LOT more engaging and fun.

And that is why anime zoning is way more fun than SF's zoning. Anime zoning is a lot more active in neutral and generally more rewarding.

11 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

This hilarious for multiple reasons. They already gender flipped Chang Koehan and female Chang was really short. Female Choi looks to be regular height. So they'll have opposite genders and opposite height dynamics 🤣

Female Choi should be a member of K/DA

55 minutes ago, Volt said:

If people can do tier lists on day 1, I can do them without playing the game, idgaf.

DNF_Tier_List.png

Solid tier list.  Ranger I feel is definitely overrated....he zones well but who really cares when most of the cast have half screen normals that lead into more damage and mix.  You aren't killing people from full screen so the range where he wants to be is max range slide, and other characters have way scarier options from there.