Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

This dumb ass convo is literally why you stick to w/e the game calls the buttons and don't worry about it.  If you can type C or D you can type M or S.

🤦‍♂️

I honestly have always preferred the cr.mp to 2B/M/whatever notation.  That might be the Capcom bias in me but the anime notation always makes me stop and think for a moment about what I'm reading.  

The number notation is universal, if a japanese person writes a combo notation, me as a spanish speaker I can easily understand it.

The cr mp, qcf notation makes 0 sense for anyone outside the USA SF community.

Then you have that in other regions instead of calling it Quarter Circle for example, they call it half U, so is not even universal for the english speaking people.

Edited by Hecatom

Capcom just took a bad approach when it comes to Luke.

Trying to force a character down our throats will result in the opposite reaction, people are just gonna be meh about it. If the character is cool,the players will like him / her regardless of how much the company tries to push or not, it just happens.

Watch Jamie completely overshadow Luke as the main  newcomer.

Edited by Skort
17 minutes ago, Skort said:

Capcom just took a bad approach when it comes to Luke.

Trying to force a character down our throats will result in the opposite reaction, people are just gonna be meh about it. If the character is cool,the players will like him / her regardless of how much the company tries to push or not, it just happens.

Watch Jamie completely overshadow Luke as the main  newcomer.

I can see what you mean, but I don’t think forcing a character is what makes people dislike them. Juri was just as “forced” when she debuted and now she’s a fan favorite. I think the problem with Luke is that he isn’t nearly unique enough to have a ton of people be fans of him. I do like how they’re making him a bit more goofy in this game, but that won’t be enough for some. 

14 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I can see what you mean, but I don’t think forcing a character is what makes people dislike them. Juri was just as “forced” when she debuted and now she’s a fan favorite. I think the problem with Luke is that he isn’t nearly unique enough to have a ton of people be fans of him. I do like how they’re making him a bit more goofy in this game, but that won’t be enough for some. 

Yup. And what do we learn from this, folks?

That Capcom should have just given Luke a nice pair of tits.

Boom. Instant fan favourite.

You might have noticed the Mimi fanart that has popped out even though she's technically not even officially existing yet, and let me tell you: it's not because she's French.

So, what should Capcom learn from this? Gib more booba.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Edited by Phantom_Miria
25 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I think the problem with Luke is that he isn’t nearly unique enough to have a ton of people be fans of him.

Visually ? Gameplay ?  

Both are pretty subjective. Evil shotos are the most meh concept out there yet they are the most popular in the series. This either means the player base has shit taste  or those two factors listed above  don't apply to the reason why Luke is being disliked by many.

I personally don't like nor dislike him as a character, i just think it's a completely bad take on Capcom's part to try and promote him like the next chewing gum flavor that all the kids want. So, i stand by what i said earlier, the way they are marketing him it's what mostly makes people dislike him ( IMO ).

Edited by Skort
17 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Buttons are back in business.

You can do that in 3S too. The issue in SF5 wasn't necessarily hitboxes. A lot of those were fine. It was a combination of bad walkspeeds and funky hurtboxes at times.

57 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

I honestly have always preferred the cr.mp to 2B/M/whatever notation.  That might be the Capcom bias in me but the anime notation always makes me stop and think for a moment about what I'm reading.  

I'm fine with whatever notation at this point. The only thing I can't stand is notation that doesn't differentiate between links and cancels. Anime players are notoriously sloppy with writing stuff down so their shit looks like gibberish. Some Japanese combo notation is absolutely hamfisted with it. I remember reading some combos from some japanese sources and that shit was unintelligeble. You got shit like 2A56236B etc etc etc all bunched up. No idea how you were supposed to tell wtf was going on in that.

The only one I legit dislike is tekken/NRS stuff. Naming buttons after numbers seems like it was planend out by malcontents. They were really out there struggling with RP/LP and LK/RK; same with LP/HP, LK/HK.  Of course that comes with the unintentional hilarity of people who claim they are against gatekeeping coming up with notation systems that are harder for newcomers.

@Vhozite I know I owe you a right up on the GG thread and then some of the thread a post about why Vanguard sucks the biggest donkey weiners.  I dislike wall cross ups in SF games for a few reasons. Gonna stream of conciousness this since I got a few more chores to do.

My biggest issue with it is that it makes the corner less impactful. In older SF games you have moves that work better midscreen than they do the corner. SF2 you get Chun's neckbreaker (she has a flip kick that is hella meaty and can be very ambigous depending on the character she does it on) or Vega's wall dive. When you play these characters, how you approach your offense midscreen is different than the corner because of this. Also how you defend against both of these characters changes based on the wall. So when you add corner cross ups, you are only taking away from the situation for one person.  There are ways to play the corner with the idea that you can't be crossed up there. The person on offense already has a massive advantage since they are the ones that can safely retreat, depending on the game get access to wall only combos and wall only pressure etc. But players want everything all the time so they let them have that too for w/e reason.

This happens in strive too in that the mix I get midscreen from certain knockdowns is way different than what you get in the corner (so you have to think about what you're doing...unless you're Leo whom they let now cross people up in the corner because ArcSys is dumbfucks TBH). 

Other thing I don't like is how easy it is to accidentally throw the corner trying to use jump normals. There are games where your forward jumping normals aren't the same as your neutral jumps. Usually you get good safe jumps from upforward through and corner cross ups jack that up. This is a personal pet peeve thing but its really freaking annoying.

Corner cross ups in general just take away from a screen having edges and what having an edge there really means. I know boxing and MMA don't apply to this, but somebody being up against the rope or the cage already means a lot for the person cornered. Ali got to rope-a-dope people by purposefully taking myself  to the ropes to use it defensively. FG edges are better when both players can use the corner for different things.

8 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Using ABCD makes sense. A lot even.

Despite what everyone says the C Button is just a glorified heavy Button at the end of the day.

And if you treat the MP Skills like Drive Moves, you have D and honestly since the MP Moves all work with the characters core mechanic they are basically like Drives at the end of the day.

So yeah ABCD is a good idea, it makes sense and should be the standard.

What kind of wack bluepilled post is this

Its too hard to remember l m s ms? The button names that are in the game? MS has to be two letters instead of one and that's where people draw the line and break out the reality stone huh

S m h

6 hours ago, Sonero said:

This dumb ass convo is literally why you stick to w/e the game calls the buttons and don't worry about it.  If you can type C or D you can type M or S.

🤦‍♂️

Principally I agree with you, but SF's buttons will forever be jab, strong, fierce, short, forward and roundhouse. To hell with mp and hp.

7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

sawft.jpg

4 hours ago, Hecatom said:

The number notation is universal, if a japanese person writes a combo notation, me as a spanish speaker I can easily understand it.

The cr mp, qcf notation makes 0 sense for anyone outside the USA SF community.

Then you have that in other regions instead of calling it Quarter Circle for example, they call it half U, so is not even universal for the english speaking people.

This. Even if we got some quirky people that don't have a numpad on their keyboard (Don't get me started on "people" out there using blank keycaps.), you can still tell what everything is.

Number for direction, in-game button name. The only way you can fuck this up is if you can't read. Even Leo players can handle numpad notation.

Ultimately, all you gotta teach people when it comes to it is how to structure combo flow. (Gatlings, Links, Delays etc.)

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

The only one I legit dislike is tekken/NRS stuff. Naming buttons after numbers seems like it was planend out by malcontents. They were really out there struggling with RP/LP and LK/RK; same with LP/HP, LK/HK.  Of course that comes with the unintentional hilarity of people who claim they are against gatekeeping coming up with notation systems that are harder for newcomers.

What kind of degenerate can't comprehend numbers as input buttons? Tekken and MK has simple directional input so using numbers is just more convenient. 

16 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

What kind of degenerate can't comprehend numbers as input buttons? Tekken and MK has simple directional input so using numbers is just more convenient. 

how the fuck is it that Capcom players managed to write out lp/mp/hp but tekken/NRS dumbfucks magically use numbers?

I'm not the idiot, both of those scenes are. the funniest part is that tekken players end up using letters for movements when numbpad for directions would better for their game. Butt they can't manage using two letters for a button.

LMAO

25 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

He is talking about people who can't understand 236 instead of qcf.

That wasn't the number input I was talking about. When it comes to Tekken and MK the numbers are used for the attack buttons. LP is 1, RP is 2, etc. If someone was to note a simple Tekken string it would be like 2,3,2. Use b, f, u, d to indicate directions. Put a / between them if it's a diagonal. 

Edited by Hawkingbird
39 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Gringos.

I assume that numbers reminds them of math, and since math vs gringos is a 10:0 matchup against them, they recoil in fear as soon as they see them 🤷‍♂️

https://www.mathnasium.com/claytonladue/news/why-america-is-bad-at-math

Nah fam, that ain't exclusively a gringo problem. 😭

Even calendars get me mixed like I'm playing against Arakune in curse.

15 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Use b, f, u, d to indicate directions.

Shiiiiet, at this rate I might, because this shit is befuddling.

No wonder NRASS games use that wack notation. They just can't do anything right.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Gringos.

I assume that numbers reminds them of math, and since math vs gringos is a 10:0 matchup against them, they recoil in fear as soon as they see them 🤷‍♂️

https://www.mathnasium.com/claytonladue/news/why-america-is-bad-at-math

The rivalry between gringos and math is an old one.

Like with gringos and geography.

Or gringos and public healthcare.

Or gringos and other gringos.

Damn gringos!

They ruined gringoland!

28 minutes ago, Volt said:

Shiiiiet, at this rate I might, because this shit is befuddling.

No wonder NRASS games use that wack notation. They just can't do anything right.

NRS adapted that notation because it has more in common with 3D fighters than it's 2D contemporaries. If they going to borrow it should be from the best.

59 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I use a different notation system for each game no bullshit. 

Built different 

Same, at the end you use what the community use.

Of course, in my case, things get messy for certain games if we are talking about the usa fgc, or the latin american/local community for certain games.

5 hours ago, Sonero said:

That's not even sitting, its squatting.

Goddamn cosplayers don't know shit. 🤦‍♂️

FUCKING KEKW! I knew when I was scrolling past that image that Pertho was about to be steaming hahahaaa

Don’t make tap the sign folks. No E-Girls ever!!!!