Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

6 hours ago, Daemos said:

Have you guys seen the 4K footage from Max?

Not sure if it is the stage lighting but SF6 characters are "shiny" - Like their skin and clothes are made of reflective materials used in cycling (as opposed to clay in SF5). Reminds me of MvCI a bit. I hope they tone it down.

Did'nt seen it, but expect them to fuck up visuals at some point to make characters stand out and "easy to read"... maybe that's it lol

5 hours ago, elliephil said:

Fuck it, I'm posting this here too. Marvel!!! 😭

2 movie tickets? Unless hooker was tournament organizer's grandma kid got scammed hard

45 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Between goofy zoomers and bad mods, Holy hell is discord awful.

Every old FG player who hated 09ers was right.

😂😂😂

Discord feels like Reddit but even worse because all the information isn't available on surface web.

And now that I think about it, 09ers are old and probably too busy having kids or whatever now. Really witnessing a shift in demographics. 👴 

Drive Rush impacts frame data on next attack ? I thought it's just a cancel from the initial attack and allows you time to connect the next since it cancels the initial one early.

I was thinking it's   Attack A  x  DRIVE x Attack B   not   Drive x Attack A x Attack B.

Interesting.

4 hours ago, elliephil said:

Discord feels like Reddit but even worse because all the information isn't available on surface web.

And now that I think about it, 09ers are old and probably too busy having kids or whatever now. Really witnessing a shift in demographics. 👴 

Basically. Had to sit through a conversation about how DNF, which has no C and D button, should use ABCD when writing notation for the game.  Its banality at its finest.

Guess SRK had a similarish issue, but it feels like the people who were serious had more staying power (depending on the character subforum). This new age of kids likes being either anime levels of hopeful about everything or meme how bad things are. But if you write out actual gameplay issues on something or other, they get twisted up.

Its maddening. I love hanging out in MS. I'd also love a place where gameplay discussion is a bit more serious. But instead of actually serious convos, you get terrible tryhard modding and people with worse reading comprehension than SRK had.

21 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

This might also be unintentional right now, as in "ah ok, it wasn't supposed to work like that, thanks for the bug you've found."

Possibly. Leaning on it being intentional though. Luke’s regular CrMP probably pushes the character too far normally. If the dash from Drive Rush allows you to keep momentum, I could see the normals linking.

On 7/14/2022 at 1:25 AM, AriesWarlock said:

293234216_5778113425550027_2830664500669

People are saying this version of the game is bad, removed animations. @DoctaMario ?

Perfect has more story content and because NeoGeo carts only had so much memory at the time, they removed some of the fatality animations (which were censored in Japan anyway) to accommodate for that. Balance wise, the game is pretty much the same as far as anyone can tell.

I'm just wondering what the scoop is with these new loc tests. Like are they going to rebalance things, are they releasing a standalone version of the game, etc? I would buy it because, hey it's SamSho V, but it would be cool to not have to buy the neo Geo collection to get this game.

53 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Basically. Had to sit through a conversation about how DNF, which has no C and D button, should use ABCD when writing notation for the game.  Its banality at its finest.

Using ABCD makes sense. A lot even.

Despite what everyone says the C Button is just a glorified heavy Button at the end of the day.

And if you treat the MP Skills like Drive Moves, you have D and honestly since the MP Moves all work with the characters core mechanic they are basically like Drives at the end of the day.

So yeah ABCD is a good idea, it makes sense and should be the standard.

1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Using ABCD makes sense. A lot even.

Despite what everyone says the C Button is just a glorified heavy Button at the end of the day.

And if you treat the MP Skills like Drive Moves, you have D and honestly since the MP Moves all work with the characters core mechanic they are basically like Drives at the end of the day.

So yeah ABCD is a good idea, it makes sense and should be the standard.

You need to take into account that not everyone has played BB.

LMHS makes just as much sense, but if you actually type notation like that, I'll instantly know you're a vet from another game and it 100% ain't an anime one. (Well, DBFZ is there but fuck em.)

It's not like DNF's notation is a pain to learn, the buttons got diff names, so I'mma use the diff names. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I wanted to make her my secondary but her moves have too many holes. Maximilian zones better than her.

I might unironically drop her for Trouble Shooter. But I also wanna stick it out. I like her. I'm conferrable with her now. God damn I blame Cipher for this. Somehow he caused this!!!!!!

1 minute ago, TWINBLADES said:

I might unironically drop her for Trouble Shooter. But I also wanna stick it out. I like her. I'm conferrable with her now. God damn I blame Cipher for this. Somehow he caused this!!!!!!

I am the mastermind behind everything, now go and play Dragon Knight, she has the blondest blonde pallete in the game.

50 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

If you like and perform well with the character, don't pay any attention to some other schmucks declaring them bad. Remember when people said SFV Poison was bad for weeks after she came out?