Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

3 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

who knows, Lily has nothing to do with T.Hawk so I think they accidentally drew an image that has nothing to do with the game or the story.

They're neighbors. Hawk and Juli live next door to Lily and her family.

Also Hawk did not cheat on Juli with Lily's mom and get her pregnant while Juli was kidnapped by Shadaloo.

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Anyone else notice he doesn’t build any more super meter in the combo after using his level 2?  Is that universal? 

It is if you want your game to make any type of sense. Uncouth games let you build meter those types of super. Think right now Guile does build bar during his level 2; hopefully that shit gets fixed before release.

Phone has been spying on me again and I've had plenty of "Excellent Adventures" videos being recommended again. I hope something like that comes back for sf6. Streaming is all fine and well but I think some of this new blood need to know how gdlk it was (still is!) to hang out in a living room playing games together and shooting the shit.

25 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

MY REVIEW IS BEATING GAMESPOTS RIGHT NOW FOR CLICKS

HOLY FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK

I just watched it. 

Your review touched on everything I wanted to know. World Tour, general gameplay, controls, etc. I also liked hearing the perspective of someone actually invested in the game/series/genre compared to a regular reviewer from somewhere like IGN where they may like but this is just game number 245 they’ve reviewed this year so who really cares. I kept waiting for the “…but this isn’t so good” but it never came…not because you were biased but because Capcom was thorough with making the game good. 

SF6 seems like a good game and a love letter to the series ❤️

6 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

screenshot from review

a bunch of characters that don't know each other and have no relation to each other in any way

spacer.png

As I said before, this man was tracking to down the mother of his child. He wasn't after Bison for the LULs. You can't be 7'6", have some 5'11 dude kidnap your wife, and look your little in girl the face without her knowing you moved heaven & earth to get her mommy back.

9 minutes ago, Daemos said:

So you're saying her mother was pregnant at 10? No wonder her daughter turned out like that.

Bison was doing them a favor.

That's thing about there being no birth years. Capcom can retcon her age without retconning her age. I'm rusty on Julia's situation. I think I maybe remembering the Udon version of events where Julia was "collateral damage". Shadaloo came to for Noembelu and they just took Julia because she there at the time.

56 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I just watched it. 

Your review touched on everything I wanted to know. World Tour, general gameplay, controls, etc. I also liked hearing the perspective of someone actually invested in the game/series/genre compared to a regular reviewer from somewhere like IGN where they may like but this is just game number 245 they’ve reviewed this year so who really cares. I kept waiting for the “…but this isn’t so good” but it never came…not because you were biased but because Capcom was thorough with making the game good. 

SF6 seems like a good game and a love letter to the series ❤️

Hey put some spec on Saltzman. He’s been IGN’s best reviewer and knows how to play fighting games!

After watching the gawd EC’ s character breakdowns again I think I’m gonna try out Marisa first at launch. Armor moves are some of my favorite mechanics in FGs and she has it in spades. She appears to be quite susceptible to Drive Impact but I think that’s a fair trade for a character that shits plus frames, and trying to blow up DI is one of my favorite mini-games anyway. Also I like how much of the opps Drive Gauge she can’t eat it they are too passive…some of her attacks take almost an entire bar on block.

But really the biggest thing I love is that her hits just look super satisfying. Girl hits like a Mac truck and the game shows you with lots of zoom ins, wall splats, and fancy VFX shit just looks cool lol.

Not super worried about it right now but if I had to pick a secondary it would be Juri or Cammy. Very fast characters with multi-hit, high flying combos is also something I like, and neither seems to difficult to pick up if you have past experience.

12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Still waiting on my pre-order key 😡

That's a shitter, where did you order from? I've ordered from GreenManGaming a good handful of times, and they always came through in plenty of time (though sometimes after preloads started) so I wouldn't get too worried yet. Good luck!