Stage Select

The Movie Thread: Wait? Not Everything is Marvel or DC!?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@MaxxThe movie followed the life of St Nektarious and is about the Greek Orthodox church.  He was kept from rising in ranks in the church solely because other religious leaders couldn't stand his piety and righteousness.  So they continued to file complaints against him which stopped him from ever reaching any position of leadership.

https://www.helleniscope.com/2022/02/08/man-of-god-and-saint-nektarios-take-heed-of-timeless-truth/

Edited by J-ride

I finally got around to seeing Hacksaw Ridge, the true story of Desmond Doss.  It was in my backlog forever and I decided to watch it because IMO Garfield is slept on and is an underrated actor.  This movie was decent, and they even toned down the real life exploits of the man for the film.  I wish they wouldn't have added the tragic home life angle to the movie as it really felt shoehorned into the story.

Here is a pretty good summary of the real man:

Edited by J-ride
47 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's nice but not all of us are are omnipotent gods from Cyberton fam. I can barely see 2ft in front of me without my contacts. Seeing everything all once definitely isn't happening for more or anyone else. Well....except for @DangerousJ

giphy.gif?cid=790b761181075ba4309ef13fef

🤣

I didn't know what to expect and was pleasantly surprised. Ke Huy Quan (aka Short Round) was the MVP. I was also surprised at the number of fight sequences in the movie. 

2 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b761181075ba4309ef13fef

🤣

I didn't know what to expect and was pleasantly surprised. Ke Huy Quan (aka Short Round) was the MVP. I was also surprised at the number of fight sequences in the movie. 

They were mostly done by a crew of kung fu enthusiasts from Cali called martial  club. They have a bunch of shorts online... Andy le was deathdealer in shang chi

Edited by Maxx
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Maxx said:

Is he known to be that bad outside of the rock incident? 

O, but it also seems clear to me after the Roxk incident that his ego is getting a big for his head. Clearly it's still growing if he's running Lin out the job. 

I watched this film last weekend:

It was actually pretty enjoyable.  The movie is mostly Nic Cage making fun of himself so it was an interesting meta in which Nic Cage was playing Nic Cage in a movie about Nic Cage.

I am hoping to catch RRR this weekend, I had a few coworkers rave about it who aren't even Indian about how the movie is BOSS AF and has some 90s style action scenes that are over the top for no reason.

3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

O, but it also seems clear to me after the Roxk incident that his ego is getting a big for his head. Clearly it's still growing if he's running Lin out the job. 

It began before that. Tyrese is in the franchise because he got an inflated ego and they had completely scrap the original Fast & Furious 2 idea. Hell Fast 4 is basically what Fast 2 was supposed to be. 

Sounds to me like Vin Diesel is projecting that small man energy, because he knows he will stop being relevant once the F&F franchise ends (I heard X is supposed to be the last one?) so he's gotta act like he's the master of his small domain

6 hours ago, Lantis said:

Sounds to me like Vin Diesel is projecting that small man energy, because he knows he will stop being relevant once the F&F franchise ends (I heard X is supposed to be the last one?) so he's gotta act like he's the master of his small domain

It's his own damn fault. He got a big head early on. They wanted to make xXx a franchise but, like with the original Fast & Furious 2, Vin got a big head. That's why they had Ice Cube in the sequel. He tried to pull off another Fast & Furious like revival with the third xXx film but by then the ship had sailed. He wasn't the new potential action star lead anymore, he was just the old "family" man from the Fast franchise.  Dude had a chance to be the highest paid star in Hollywood but got in his own way.  He had the chance to be in two bankable franchises in his prime his ego got the best of him.

It's crazy that he ran off Justin Lin. IMO Lin and Paul Walker were the glue holding that franchise together. The situation with Paul Walker can't be helped. Lin put together an, IMO underrated entry, in the franchise in Tokyo Drift. It captured the charm of the original movie with a new setting and new type of racing. The popularity of Han is a testament to that.