Stage Select

The Movie Thread: Wait? Not Everything is Marvel or DC!?

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

Tokyo Drift was fun. The only thing that really bugged me was them dropping a Skyline V6 into a Mustang. That just seemed wrong.

I liked it because it made the Stang like the MC. Two cultures coming together to become something better. Cheesy read but I still like it. 

It also helps it's not just any Mustang, it's a dark green CJ9, the Mustang Steve McQueen drove in Bullet. 

3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I liked it because it made the Stang like the MC. Two cultures coming together to become something better. Cheesy read but I still like it. 

It also helps it's not just any Mustang, it's a dark green CJ9, the Mustang Steve McQueen drove in Bullet. 

In the theatre when I watched the movie you could tell there was hit split between Detroit Iron heads and Import heads. Throughout the movie you'd hear a groan from one group or the other. Except for them dropping the V6 into the Mustang. Everyone groaned at that. It was kinda funny 🤣

31 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

In the theatre when I watched the movie you could tell there was hit split between Detroit Iron heads and Import heads. Throughout the movie you'd hear a groan from one group or the other. Except for them dropping the V6 into the Mustang. Everyone groaned at that. It was kinda funny 🤣

Ive never seen a fast movie in the theater.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Ive never seen a fast movie in the theater.

Lol the first three was hilarious in theaters because after the parking lot turned into a burnout show. People you didn't even know had those kinds of cars in your city showed up for opening weekend

Edited by Maxx
5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's his own damn fault. He got a big head early on. They wanted to make xXx a franchise but, like with the original Fast & Furious 2, Vin got a big head. That's why they had Ice Cube in the sequel. He tried to pull off another Fast & Furious like revival with the third xXx film but by then the ship had sailed. He wasn't the new potential action star lead anymore, he was just the old "family" man from the Fast franchise.  Dude had a chance to be the highest paid star in Hollywood but got in his own way.  He had the chance to be in two bankable franchises in his prime his ego got the best of him.

It's crazy that he ran off Justin Lin. IMO Lin and Paul Walker were the glue holding that franchise together. The situation with Paul Walker can't be helped. Lin put together an, IMO underrated entry, in the franchise in Tokyo Drift. It captured the charm of the original movie with a new setting and new type of racing. The popularity of Han is a testament to that.

Mai what you’re saying is he needs to bring back Riddick

Anyone see the trailers for top gun 2..i dont give a shit about the franchise like overly angry white guys but it looks good. 

Tom cruise done put these actors through fucking insanity. They had to work their own cameras while fuckin flying the planes. The behind the scene shit is fucking wilddddd

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Anyone see the trailers for top gun 2..i dont give a shit about the franchise like overly angry white guys but it looks good. 

Tom cruise done put these actors through fucking insanity. They had to work their own cameras while fuckin flying the planes. The behind the scene shit is fucking wilddddd

C282EF61-5D1E-4698-87D6-5ABB561EDBF4.gif

On 5/5/2022 at 11:50 PM, Maxx said:

Lol the first three was hilarious in theaters because after the parking lot turned into a burnout show. People you didn't even know had those kinds of cars in your city showed up for opening weekend

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

fucking bet. I remember this shit like it was yesterday. 

On 5/21/2022 at 5:16 PM, Genghis_Dong said:

The Northman  was pretty good.

edit: why you boys giving me the monocle judging face? so what if I like watching movies about buff naked viking dudes swordfighting.

The movie was pretty much has a similar parallel to "The Batman"; vengeance is a thing, but there's more. 

Pretty solid analysis of movie posters over time

Edited by OPTIMUS124