Stage Select

The Movie Thread: Wait? Not Everything is Marvel or DC!?

Just now, RSG3 said:

@Darc_RequiemBro my favorite was the years of "Tokyo Drift is shit!" Onky to see those same goober lose it when Han came back. 

Clowns lol. I love Tokyo Drift. That movie really found the franchise a voice. 

Tokyo Drift was fun. The only thing that really bugged me was them dropping a Skyline V6 into a Mustang. That just seemed wrong.

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

Tokyo Drift was fun. The only thing that really bugged me was them dropping a Skyline V6 into a Mustang. That just seemed wrong.

I liked it because it made the Stang like the MC. Two cultures coming together to become something better. Cheesy read but I still like it. 

It also helps it's not just any Mustang, it's a dark green CJ9, the Mustang Steve McQueen drove in Bullet. 

3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I liked it because it made the Stang like the MC. Two cultures coming together to become something better. Cheesy read but I still like it. 

It also helps it's not just any Mustang, it's a dark green CJ9, the Mustang Steve McQueen drove in Bullet. 

In the theatre when I watched the movie you could tell there was hit split between Detroit Iron heads and Import heads. Throughout the movie you'd hear a groan from one group or the other. Except for them dropping the V6 into the Mustang. Everyone groaned at that. It was kinda funny 🤣

31 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

In the theatre when I watched the movie you could tell there was hit split between Detroit Iron heads and Import heads. Throughout the movie you'd hear a groan from one group or the other. Except for them dropping the V6 into the Mustang. Everyone groaned at that. It was kinda funny 🤣

Ive never seen a fast movie in the theater.

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's his own damn fault. He got a big head early on. They wanted to make xXx a franchise but, like with the original Fast & Furious 2, Vin got a big head. That's why they had Ice Cube in the sequel. He tried to pull off another Fast & Furious like revival with the third xXx film but by then the ship had sailed. He wasn't the new potential action star lead anymore, he was just the old "family" man from the Fast franchise.  Dude had a chance to be the highest paid star in Hollywood but got in his own way.  He had the chance to be in two bankable franchises in his prime his ego got the best of him.

It's crazy that he ran off Justin Lin. IMO Lin and Paul Walker were the glue holding that franchise together. The situation with Paul Walker can't be helped. Lin put together an, IMO underrated entry, in the franchise in Tokyo Drift. It captured the charm of the original movie with a new setting and new type of racing. The popularity of Han is a testament to that.

Mai what you’re saying is he needs to bring back Riddick

Anyone see the trailers for top gun 2..i dont give a shit about the franchise like overly angry white guys but it looks good. 

Tom cruise done put these actors through fucking insanity. They had to work their own cameras while fuckin flying the planes. The behind the scene shit is fucking wilddddd

On 5/5/2022 at 11:50 PM, Maxx said:

Lol the first three was hilarious in theaters because after the parking lot turned into a burnout show. People you didn't even know had those kinds of cars in your city showed up for opening weekend

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

fucking bet. I remember this shit like it was yesterday. 

On 5/21/2022 at 5:16 PM, Genghis_Dong said:

The Northman  was pretty good.

edit: why you boys giving me the monocle judging face? so what if I like watching movies about buff naked viking dudes swordfighting.

The movie was pretty much has a similar parallel to "The Batman"; vengeance is a thing, but there's more. 

Pretty solid analysis of movie posters over time

Edited by OPTIMUS124
On 5/21/2022 at 5:16 PM, Genghis_Dong said:

The Northman  was pretty good.

edit: why you boys giving me the monocle judging face? so what if I like watching movies about buff naked viking dudes swordfighting.

That's the Insightful reaction. It is a positive one man. The only real negative reaction is the Thumbs Down. You okay over there?

1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I just saw this come up in my feed. Is this a new joke that there's sexual tension between Maverick and Iceman 🤣?

As far as I remember, at least here in Latin America, it has been a joke since I was a kid that there was some homoerotic undertones between the chars 🤣

5 hours ago, Wellman said:

I don't get the logic of the Mission Impossible trailer being released now when the release date is more then 12 months out. 

This was a teaser.. Hes always done teasers long ways out. Top gun teaser was also like a year or so ago. Tom likes to hype up and get people talkin. 

Saw Top Gun: Maverick

I am going to try not to fan-gush over this one, but Tom Cruise was right. The best way to see this movie is on the big screen. It's the first movie in a while where it's the right mix of nostalgia with a sensible story to justify it's existence. It closes the loop on all things in the best way possible. If anything, it's a technical achievement in filmmaking. 

This is the movie to get people back into the theater. Definitely recommend seeing this one. 

1 hour ago, J-ride said:

We have a special screen at my local theater that is 70 feet.  I'm hoping to catch Top Gun this weekend at one of the showings.  So far the best thing I have seen on that giant screen was Ford vs Ferrari, and I'm pretty hype for Top Gun on that giant screen.

I bought that movie and still haven't watched it yet. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Genghis_Dong said:

Everything everywhere all at once was a fucking trip. Feel like I'm coming down off an acid trip.

Lol it was a movie about generational trauma that was disguised as a weirdo martial arts movie. It got me good. 

I wasn't planning to , but I saw Jurassic Park 6 and Top Gun Maverick in India.

They make you go through a metal detector there.

JP 6 - Good action sequences and it was cool seeing the new cast interacting with Pratt/Howard.

Villain was lame and the dinos arent really the focus. The plot point of the dinos just living in the general populace isnt really addressed.

6/10

Top Gun Maverick: I have not seen the original, but I was pleasantly surprised by TGM.

Great flight sequences and acting by Miles Teller/Cruise/Hamm. 

I understood the backstory despite not seeing the og film.

8.5/10

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I really need to get off my ass and see Top Gun Maverick.

You clearly don't have the need for speed. . . 

Best movie experience I've had in a long time. Saw the movie for the third time Tuesday. Two of those were in 4DX. 

If you can see it in 4DX, definitely the way to go. 

6 minutes ago, KimuraLOX said:

Do it before its out of theaters, which might be soon. See it on as big a screen as possible.

Agreed. This is a must-see in the theaters.

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

Top Gun Maverick: I have not seen the original, but I was pleasantly surprised by TGM.

Great flight sequences and acting by Miles Teller/Cruise/Hamm. 

I understood the backstory despite not seeing the og film.

8.5/10

Tom Cruise What GIF

The OG may be one of the few 80s movies that you can watch today and still works. Having said that, since you have already seen the second movie, it'll make the first movie seem like trash. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124