Stage Select

The Movie Thread: Wait? Not Everything is Marvel or DC!?

25 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

We Got This Covered? Aren't they one of those unreliable click bait sites?

Possibly, I just enjoyed the joke that is the article 

The Lynch pin for this absolutely stupid plan is that the Discovery and WarnerMedia merger goes though. 
Even then no word if the new execs would want to do anything with Snyder. 

There was some more buzz related to We Got this Covered: they made an article stating that WB is unhappy with Batman and might change it. WGTC's source on that? An anonymous Reddit post that reads like a 13 year old wrote it.

How much stuff do they get right? Their rate of hits to misses has to be high if people keep talking about stuff from there as if that site isn't clown shoes. From what I've seen though, you shouldn't trust shit coming from there. Maybe I haven't seen enough.

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

From what I've seen though, you shouldn't trust shit coming from there

I decided that was the truth after reading article half way though, first 3 paragraphs had zero value or info. 

"We’ve already heard that the SnyderVerse may be restored via a boardroom clear out that gets rid of the anti-Snyder brigade"
Snyder cut only made $266 million, and most of that were HBO Max new subscriptions. So take that as you will.

I say that isn't enough to justify brining back the awful Snyder-verse.

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Everything they say is false until someone reliable confirms it

I took the title as a Joke, about halfway though my suspicions were confirmed.  I never even heard of this site before today.
I take most internet rumors as just that rumors, it worth jack and shit and Jack left town.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't Beast Wars like thousands of years into the future? They must be traveling back in time or something 

Ugh, just read they're focusing on two human characters. Can't we just get a Transformers movie without the extra fluff? 

Edited by HD-Man
27 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Isn't Beast Wars like thousands of years into the future? They must be traveling back in time or something 

Ugh, just read they're focusing on two human characters. Can't we just get a Transformers movie without the extra fluff? 

Im not a Bw expert, but technically the characters originally from 300 years or so after the G1 characters.

They timewarp to prehistoric Earth( exact date was not given IIRC) and that is when/where  the majority of the show takes place.

They actually interact with the G1 characters in the second season because the autobot spaceship is there with the offline G1 autobots/G1 Decepticons. 

Part of Beast Megatrons scheme involves changing history by destroying the unconscious Autobots to tilt history towards Decepticon rule.

I have no idea if time travel will be involved in this movie or if they are simply mixing G1 and BW style characters to mix it up a bit.

Its not being directed by Michael Bay , so I will give it a chance.

19 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Im not a Bw expert, but technically the characters originally from 300 years or so after the G1 characters.

They timewarp to prehistoric Earth( exact date was not given IIRC) and that is when/where  the majority of the show takes place.

They actually interact with the G1 characters in the second season because the autobot spaceship is there with the offline G1 autobots/G1 Decepticons. 

Part of Beast Megatrons scheme involves changing history by destroying the unconscious Autobots to tilt history towards Decepticon rule.

I have no idea if time travel will be involved in this movie or if they are simply mixing G1 and BW style characters to mix it up a bit.

Its not being directed by Michael Bay , so I will give it a chance.

You are pretty much spot on for all points. 

This will likely have a mix of both lines for maximum nostalgia as BW is now 25 years old. 

7 hours ago, GreyFoxx said:

Just as long as they stay away from Beast Machines i'm golden

I did not like any of the designs from that show, but the story is actually pretty solid. It was honestly the first attempt at a more mature series. 

1 hour ago, DarkSakul said:

Yeah, hard pass with that Bull Fucking Shit . 

Also Terrorcons are G1.

I don't mind adjustments to the lore. Besides, G1 subteams have been used in other ways. Examples include:

Beast Wars: Dinobot went from an individual descriptor to the most on-the-nose character name ever. 

Robots in Disguise (2001): Predacons were the primary antagonist for the show. The Decepticons were a different faction. 

Transformers Animated: The Constructicons were a team of three that did not have the ability to combine.

Transformers Prime: The Predacons were an ancient race of Beast-form Cybertronians that had no allegiance to Autobot or Decepticon. 

Transformers Prime: The Terrorcons were undead Decepticons infused with Dark Energon

I just got the box set a few weeks back. That nostalgia drip is available at any point in time. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

Only story lines I like Beast wars factions in got chancled, Transtech. 

There a few comics that survived but they are hard tonfind now.

It was noticeable as it has 6 different factions in play on a Cybertron that never went into the Autobot/Deceptercon civil war. Without millions of years of war Cybertron's technology grew where Unicron was a minor annoyance rather than a threat. 

They got G1 Characters l, Beast War characters without beast forms, they even got Go-Bots characters in there. 

3 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Only story lines I like Beast wars factions in got chancled, Transtech. 

There a few comics that survived but they are hard tonfind now.

It was noticeable as it has 6 different factions in play on a Cybertron that never went into the Autobot/Deceptercon civil war. Without millions of years of war Cybertron's technology grew where Unicron was a minor annoyance rather than a threat. 

They got G1 Characters l, Beast War characters without beast forms, they even got Go-Bots characters in there. 

Transtech would have been an interesting concept. 

The following information is from the press event and adds a bit of detail. 

Spoiler

Legacy video showing key moments from the brand

Anthony Breznican – Vanity Fair, moderator

Lorenzo Di Bonaventura – talking about the films history in general

Steven Caple Jr. – was hitting high school when Beast Wars came out

Maximals, Predacons, Terrorcons, Autobots, Decepticons – faction symbols seen in virtual waiting area, spray paint style on the outside of buildings.

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts – title revealed

Lots of new stuff – action, characters, “tribes”

Caple Jr. – Did Creed – understands nostalgia, while bringing new stuff into mix

This story continues the 2018 Bumblebee movie.  Set in 1994.

But as always, the story is tied to human civilization. This time we have Incas. Their traditions and way of life is explored through Cybertronian eyes. Speaking on which…

Maximals and Predacons will be prominently featured in the movie. Also, we will see Terrorcons. Predacons and Terrorcons are not allies. Terrorcons are the main baddies. Predacons are reptilian in nature and are the enemies of the Maximals. Meanwhile, Terrorcons are a threat to them all, but more in opposition to the Autobots.

Optimus Prime is the lead character and his alt mode is an upgraded version of the G1 look from the Bumblebee movie. Think Bee Movie earth mode, with a gray torso, gray windshield flaps, and grey upper shoulder parts that lead into the smokestacks. Peter Cullen will once again resume his voice acting duties.  This will show how Optimus becomes the leader he was in Bay movies. Why does he have connection to Earth, humans.

Bumblebee is a classic Camaro with off-road extensions.  2nd gen 70s camaro, raised, z/28 badging, external framing, chunky wheels, light bar on top a la Ratchet.

Mirage is a silver and blue Porche 911. His characterization is similar to AOE Crosshairs.  Anti-Authority. Can transform into multiple types of vehicles.  RE: Multi Vehicles – not sure if they were talking his history in brand or actually in this movie.

Arcee‘s robot mode is close to G1 and is a Ducati 916 motorcycle.  Red with rose/pink and white highlights. Classic head. Ducati bike. Racing number on leg.

Nightbird is included as a Nissan GTR. She is also a Terrorcon. Purplish grey in color. She is a modernized version of the G1 character of the same name.  Facemask with robo looking hood.  Switched sides, allegiances are flexible.

Scourge is the leader of Terrocons and is a trophy hunter. Like Lockdown from AOE. When he kills, he rips the faction insignias and “tattoos” them into his body.  4 smokestacks on back, all smoking.  Claw hand with electricity.  Black/grey tone with orange pops.  Not Black Convoy looking, but probably a truck due to smokestacks in art.

Airazor is a robotic bird.  Rusty bird mode, steampunk esque. Silhouette is very real world bird, but plated/layered. Looks old, been here a bit. Blue glowing eyes.

Rhinox… well, needs no introduction. also very Rhino shaped, plated, also steampunk and rusty. Ironhide like, wants to use his horn. Again, looks old, like old metal, been here a bit.

Fans have seen Optimus Primal before. Remember the TLK CGI Concept art? Yep. But with much more fur. He’s the leader of the Maximals and is very protective of those who are under his protection. You don’t mess with Primal.  Rusty under frame, looks like random patches of skin and fur layered on top. Like he’s been through some stuff. He is leader of Maximals, equal in stature to Prime.

Dominique Fishback – Elena – Researcher of artifacts, works at museum, boss keeps stealing her thunder.

Anthony Ramos – Noah – father figure to brother. Ex military. Trying to find his way, good with electronics, trying to get by. He was a Beast Wars guy. Name dropped characters.

Both from Brookyln, happy to mix the TF with their real life neighborhood.

Ramos – Got his license for this movie, how NY of him 🙂

Can’t answer if BW voice actors will be back, lots of smiles.  Hopefully!

A lot of characters we haven’t seen yet. All the Maximals are hard to bring to screen. Rhinox wants to smash, but also brain of operation (shows a connection to original toon, good). How to actually try to disguise themselves.

Shooting in Peru for 6 weeks.

This is a spectacle story. Big action movie with deeper character story style from Bee movie.  Combining the two.  Key was, it’s not a small budget film, this is summer blockbuster level stuff.

Source: https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/06/22/transformers-rise-of-the-beasts-officially-announced-435937

AMC just sent me an email saying the Movie Pass like subscription service A List they had is restarting again in July.

The problem is outside of Dune (which is going on HBO Max last I heard) and the Marvel movies , I don't see myself going to the movies two or three times a month to justify not just paying for the tickets individually. 

• 3 weeks later...