Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

Saw the movie. I thought it was good. The sum of its parts definitely outweigh some of its flaws. Everyone acted their ass off. Anyone that calls Pattinson "Sparkles" at this point. 

Bruce Wayne Fight GIF by The Batman

He was great. I think he carries "Fear" better than those that have been in the role previously. 

Solid recommend.

There were two moments that I laughed at that shouldn't have been funny. 

1. A riddle

2. Green "tea"  

You'll get it when you see it 🤣

34 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Saw the movie. I thought it was good. The sum of its parts definitely outweigh some of its flaws. Everyone acted their ass off. Anyone that calls Pattinson "Sparkles" at this point. 

As someone that has never watched Twilight, I've only seen him films that showed he was a good actor. I can't wait for the inevitable sequel. When...

Spoiler

We get to see him with a perfected secret identity. And by that I mean Bruce Wayne. Batman was still figuring things out in this film. I must say Pattinson's rendition of Batman nailed both the detective and "fear" aspect of the character better than anyone.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
14 hours ago, Maxx said:

🤔🤔🤔

Reveal hidden contents

So are we essentially doing no mans land? 

Yep, that's where my mind instantly went after that. Plus with the announced spinoffs, this gives plenty of material for those shows (especially Penguin) to run with 

And speaking of Penguin, still don't think he needs his own show, but after Colin's performance, I can definitely see my self tuning in and why it was greenlit in the first place. He was great as Penguin, I was glued to every scene he was in. 

Edited by HD-Man
1 minute ago, HD-Man said:

Yep, that's where my mind instantly went after that. Plus with the announced spinoffs, this gives plenty of material for those shows (especially Penguin) to run with 

And speaking of Penguin, still don't think he needs his own show, but after Colin's performance, I can definitely see my self tuning in and why it was greenlit in the first place. He was great as Penguin, I was glued to every scene he was in. 

I havent heard of spin offs except that gotham show but i dont know where in the timeline it takes place 

The Batman was fine. Nothing about it really wowed me outside of Pattinson’s performance.  He was absolutely incredible. But for me the movie just felt like it was spinning it’s wheels for two-and-a-half hours. 

Spoiler

No Man’s Land set up was a swerve I wasn’t expecting but I’m cool with it. No Man’s Land is one of the few bat stories I genuinely like. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

The Batman was fine. Nothing about it really wowed me outside of Pattinson’s performance.  He was absolutely incredible. But for me the movie just felt like it was spinning it’s wheels for two-and-a-half hours. 

Hide contents

No Man’s Land set up was a swerve I wasn’t expecting but I’m cool with it. No Man’s Land is one of the few bat stories I genuinely like. 

Spoiler

Lol by the end he def was like... Imma need a fucking army

6 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Apparently The Batman is too "woke" for some on social media. It's actually not, but I'm starting to think the word "woke" is now just a word ppl use to write off and sweep things under the rug that "offends" them even if said thing is actually the truth 🤣

That what it was from Day 1. I'm sorry but it's true. There is no such thing as too woke. There is just bad writing and shitty delivery. Any media worth a fuck makes some kind of statement it can hang its hat on, otherwise it's just disposable fast food media. Meant to be consumed and discarded with no lasting appeal. 

Edited by RSG3
21 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Apparently The Batman is too "woke" for some on social media. It's actually not, but I'm starting to think the word "woke" is now just a word ppl use to write off and sweep things under the rug that "offends" them even if said thing is actually the truth 🤣

I would love to see the idiots who says this dumb shit read Golden Age Superman where he was truly the champion of the people and they leaned crazy into him trying to adapt as a immigrant, making racist and xenophobic people look like clowns, so on and so forth 

Also I remember FOX bitching about Tal-Nehasi Coates Captain American run for making Cap say something anti-government. I remember watching the segment and being like “giiiiirl Captain America has literally always been anti-government. He’s PRO the American Dream and equality. I’ve genuinely lost count how many times Cap has thrown down the shield and Told the government to go fuck themselves” 

I mean, shit, in the 80’s a lot of Captain America was just the writer (name escapes me) just shitting on the Reagan administration BY NAME by mentioning the crack epidemic and several other things destroying neighborhoods that were in the majority of black and Hispanic residents. 

Comics, even when they were just news strips have ALWAYS been political/woke/whatever you want to call it. People that read comics and bitch about that shit are just fucking stupid and shouldn’t be taken seriously 

Edited by iStu X
4 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

That what it was from Day 1. I'm sorry but it's true. There is no such thing as too woke. There is just bad writing and shitty delivery. Any media worth a fuck makes some kind of statement it can hang its hat on, otherwise it's just disposable fast food media. Meant to be consumed and discarded with no lasting appeal. 

Right on the money. There's the way this movie approaches issues in an intelligent non heavy handed way and then there's the way a CW show would approach it. 🤣

Is all this because of Catwoman calling people "white privileged assholes"?

Also some Youtuber whining that the black people in the movie were good guys yet the white peeps were the villains? 😂

Some people get all up in their feelings over nothing.

13 hours ago, RSG3 said:

no thats not what it was from day one. so basically the original form of the word was black slang. it just meant to keep your third eye open and be aware of whats going on. But at some point white liberals got it and made it more about being progressive in values ie. being pro lgbtq, pro minority  and stuff like that....THENNNN right wingers started using it as a term to insult everything non conservative. being anti-progressive

5 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Also some Youtuber whining that the black people in the movie were good guys yet the white peeps were the villains? 😂

Yep that white privilege line and Catwoman being black (when historically, she been portrayed by two black actors prior). You called it, mfers is HURT 😂

6 minutes ago, Lantis said:

from what i saw its because only two white people were good batman and alfred. everyone else was a badguy.

1 minute ago, HD-Man said:

Thomas Wayne, Martha, that one kid that kept staring at Batman and that one cop that was there when Batman found Riddlers 

Reveal hidden contents

Floor Map of where he set the bombs

That's like 5 or 6 good white ppl 😂

thomas wayne

Spoiler

he wasnt a super good guy like gordon. He ran with falcone and asked him for help. that def gives him shades of grey.

random martha thought

Spoiler

did anyone else think of the version of martha who turned into the joker when they mentioned she was crazy?

Just now, Maxx said:

thomas wayne

Hide contents

he wasnt a super good guy like gordon. He ran with falcone and asked him for help. that def gives him shades of grey.

random martha thought

Hide contents

did anyone else think of the version of martha who turned into the joker when they mentioned she was crazy?

Like in Flashpoint, yep. I considered that for a sec

Superman & Lois is on point. The CW getting back to the glory days. Saw the Naomi episode after that too. Something about Earth 29? In the comics, isn't bizarro world Earth 29? Wonder if Naomi will soon do a crossover. Also, don't forget, new episode of The Flash tonight! We might see Edie Thawne again.

The WWE should take some pages out of the CW when it comes to writing, at least for Superman & Lois that is.