Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Just now, elliephil said:

I keep getting invites from my one friend to try it out for a free month... I'm fully prepared to get my assbeat but not prepared to get covid just yet

Honestly bjj is the one place i havent had a real covid risk at.. Oddly enough. As right wingy and not give a fuck bjj culture can be... It feels like most people will take care of their partners and not try to spread it there.. You got a higher chance at your grocery store or Uber imo

4 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Honestly bjj is the one place i havent had a real covid risk at.. Oddly enough. As right wingy and not give a fuck bjj culture can be... It feels like most people will take care of their partners and not try to spread it there.. You got a higher chance at your grocery store or Uber imo

Fair enough. I'm not really taking chances with the gym my buddy goes to. There is a lot of protests in Canada right now against the restrictions and that gym happens to be located in the town/county with a lot of min-maxing happening compared to the rest of the country.

Just now, elliephil said:

Fair enough. I'm not really taking chances with the gym my buddy goes to. There is a lot of protests in Canada right now against the restrictions and that gym happens to be located in the town/county with a lot of min-maxing happening compared to the rest of the country.

You in the trucking protest areas? 

Just now, Maxx said:

You in the trucking protest areas? 

I'm not in the capital. A lot of the people that went there came from counties near that town and surrounding area tho. I have family that has driven truck and they have heavily condoned it all, including the employers. I'm convinced most of them have little to no connection with the trucking industry and might have ulterior motives. *January 6th flashbacks*

39 minutes ago, elliephil said:

I'm not in the capital. A lot of the people that went there came from counties near that town and surrounding area tho. I have family that has driven truck and they have heavily condoned it all, including the employers. I'm convinced most of them have little to no connection with the trucking industry and might have ulterior motives. *January 6th flashbacks*

being that they brought the swastikas out lol you prob right. it feels like blm protests where randoms/govt were fuckin wit the protests

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

being that they brought the swastikas out lol you prob right. it feels like blm protests where randoms/govt were fuckin wit the protests

Yeah the Nazi shit was messed up. Not to mention some of the official organizers stated one of their goals was to "dissolve the federal government" and compared PM Trudeau to an "authoritarian leader."  (Which is hilarious to me.)

That goes a little bit beyond the frustration of vaccine passports and mandates.

5 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:
Your First Look at 'The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power' Has Arrived

There will be one show to rule them all. V.F. has your exclusive first look at 'The Rings of Power,' a billion-dollar saga set thousands of years before J.R.R. Tolkien’s legendary trilogy.

lord-of-the-rings-002.jpg

my general question will always be...will the sfx look better than a movie from 2001. lol. because i still find it fucking hilarious how good that special effects holds up

1 hour ago, elliephil said:

image0.jpg?width=670&height=670

Welding on Tesla vehicles lol

I really can't believe people drop 100K on Teslas.  Me and my wife went and test drove one and I couldn't imagine dropping that kind of money on something that rides the way a tesla does.  I've had 90s era oldsmobiles with better suspensions than Teslas.  Their quality control is fucking garbage.

Edited by J-ride

Teslas look too ordinary. 

I have noticed that it has been hotter and hotter here in SoCal as each year passes. I think the whole world will get baked eventually and we will need to go to Inner Earth to survive the heat and fires. 

I'm at 22 percent body fat now according to my scale which is somewhat good. My goal is 15 percent body fat. I used to be 30 percent body fat. An 8 percent decrease made a big difference in my appearance. 

My DNA results from WeGene:

84.72% Chinese National:
- 45.02% Alpine Ethnic Group: These are the Native Taiwanese who are the ancestors of Filipinos. My nationality is Filipino.
- 36.89% Southern Han
- 2.36% She Nationality
- 0.45% other
13.10% Southeast Asia:
- 8.63% Cambodian
- 2.39% Vietnamese Nanking
- 2.08% Thai
1.42% Europe:
- 1.42% Spanish
0.72% Africa:
- 0.71% South African Bantu
- 0.01% other
0.04% other
3.496% Neanderthal

WeGene has a better database of Asian DNA so I got more accurate results.

Edited by Seth Vega
58 minutes ago, J-ride said:

I really can't believe people drop 100K on Teslas.  Me and my wife went and test drove one and I couldn't imagine dropping that kind of money on something that rides the way a tesla does.  I've had 90s era oldsmobiles with better suspensions than Teslas.  Their quality control is fucking garbage.

Did you try reversing in one? They sound like a Jetsons spaceship when put in reverse.

2 hours ago, elliephil said:

image0.jpg?width=670&height=670

Welding on Tesla vehicles lol

Not surprised in the slightest. If domestic car (GM or Ford) had the panel gaps that Tesla has they'd get crucified. So if things you can see on the surface are that suspect then what's underneath.....

Side Note: Tesla is the prime example of why Stock Market is a complete joke. I've said it before but I will again. GM/Toyota had plant were Tesla currently does that produced 4 times as many vehicles. Tesla never hits their production targets. Tesla never hits their launch dates. Their stock should be near worthless on merit. The build quality on something like a Chevy Bolt is far better than a Tesla.

Edit: TLDR; Tesla makes an overpriced subpar product. Traditional manufacturers, like GM, make better Electric vehicles than them for less money with a far better build quality.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

IMO Tesla is a meme stock, but the people who short the stock are even dumber.  Tesla routinely skyrockets in price but it's stock price is 100% based on hype.  Musk is like Jobs, in that he can distort reality and hype up people into almost cultlike worship of what he does.  The only difference is IMO Jobs usually had a product to buy after he got everyone hyped, Musk just has hype, and I'm pretty sure the cybertruck will never actually be made.

Edited by J-ride

IMO all it would take for Tesla to get crushed is for any of the big 4 auto makers to go hard on electric.  They could even take a total loss just to kill Tesla and make the money back elsewhere.

Edit: That huge hummer EV is still cheaper than a Tesla Model X!

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Edited by J-ride
2 minutes ago, J-ride said:

IMO all it would take for Tesla to get crushed is for any of the big 4 auto makers to go hard on electric.  They could even take a total loss just to kill Tesla and make the money back elsewhere.

GM and Ford have gone hard on electric. I mean Ford has an All Electric Mustang on sale right now and GM has an EV lineup with an All Electric Silverado releasing soon, they are taking orders now. 

Mustang Mach E

https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/

Silverado EV

https://www.chevrolet.com/electric/silverado-ev

2 hours ago, J-ride said:

Edit: That huge hummer EV is still cheaper than a Tesla Model X!

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Just saw this. Hey don't worry fam. The Model X has a whole 16 miles extra range  (351 miles)* over the Hummer (329 miles), I'm sure that makes up for worse build quality and featu....🤣🤣🤣

*In top trim. Standard model only has a range of 335miles or 6 miles more than that big ass Hummer 😂

Edit: Now you got me looking at EVs. How the fuck is Tesla still in business? That Model X is 40k more than a Cadillac EV. This starts at just under $60,000.

2023_Cadillac_Lyriq_w1.jpg

Edited by Darc_Requiem
37 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

The F-150 Lightning caught my interest.

The issue with Ford is that anything they make that is popular the dealers will straight BONE you out of cash and that  is the only way you can get one.  They pulled bullshit with both the Lightning and the Bronco which discouraged me from buying either.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/ford-bronco-fiasco-shady-dealerships-adding-10000-orders/

Edited by J-ride
2 hours ago, Sonero said:

There's a level of cruelty that comes from cheating that can't possibly be tabulated. 

Poor man.

I think to have a guy raise a kid that isn't his is beyond cruel.  It's one thing if he knows and signs up for it, but to just have him live a lie like that is beyond fucked.  That's one of the reasons I never messed with married chicks, and I always thought that was the most despicable things a man could do to another man.  

12 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Reading that makes me feel awful. I feel for the poor dad that took his life and I feel for the daughter. She clearly feels at fault when it's completely on her mother. There was nothing wrong with her wanting to no more about her family and whether or not she had relatives she didn't know about. That mother is a garbage human being and paternity tests should be mandatory. 

23 & Me shining some light on the dirty deeds of the past. I have a friend who's in his late 60s and his sister just got one of those tests only to find out their dad wasn't her dad. They wanted him to get one of those tests too and after that he's like

No No No GIF

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

23 & Me shining some light on the dirty deeds of the past. I have a friend who's in his late 60s and his sister just got one of those tests only to find out their dad wasn't her dad. They wanted him to get one of those tests too and after that he's like

No No No GIF

I worked in a Genetic Counselling office for a few years.  Some sort of family shit like that would come out for somebody once or twice every week.

Sometimes the pt''s mom would show up just to ask that the Counsellor not let the patient know that dad wasn't dad 😳