Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

How was Microsoft granted a trademark for a letter? To me that's the most bonkers part of this

As bonkers as that is, I found out that Barbie apparently trademarked their specific color through a twitter thread about the various times that Mattel has come for people over it which is batshit to me. 

5 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I get what Elon is saying and I also understand that companies change names...but this is a near objective worse  name on all fronts.  A good chunk of those names that Jon put up either are side shifts or actual upgrades for marketing purposes.  Twitter to just X is just a downgrade and I don't even know how to spin it as a positive over what Twitter's name brought to the table.   X feels incredibly lackluster and lazy and it doesn't even do anything for his mission statement.  You're supposedly trying to make this platform bigger and more marketable because "it's no longer just 140 character messages going back and forth" but X tells me jack shit in what this platform is trying to be. 

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

As bonkers as that is, I found out that Barbie apparently trademarked their specific color through a twitter thread about the various times that Mattel has come for people over it which is batshit to me. 

Wait till you learn Ferrari owns that particular shade of red. 

With Zuck owning the rights to X as a social media platform does this mean the Elon/Zuck fight is back on?

Edited by RSG3

I like how anytime you're arent attracted to a woman's appearance, even when you're polite about it, they try to "humble" you by dissing your momma. Cuz nothing says female empowerment like insulting.....another female

And what's weird is how your mother looks is in no way relevant, we don't want to fuck or marry our mothers so I don't see how it correlates. But we move 😂

12 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

John Deere also has a trademark on that particular shade of green that goes on their tractors, though like the Ferrari red, it probably takes some doing to make it.

11 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Sounds like he might be turning this into something like an online version of WeChat that has a bunch of different services all under the same umbrella. It's what Apple, Google, and Faceboo/Meta  have done so if that's the goal, it makes sense. The "Twitter" part of the app would only be one portion of it, so it makes sense to change the name. 

18 hours ago, BornWinner said:

My sister used to do the same at train stations. Got someone to pay her car note and buy her a new phone.

Makes since now that I think about it. It's the best place for the average person to possibly run into above average earners. The only ones not going through major airports are the very rich that can afford to fly private.

@BB_HoodyIdk, they need to buy a plane ticket to get through security and at that point their odds of coming out ahead on someone paying a bill for them is pretty slim.  Maybe if they were hanging out in the lounges or something, but I was mostly talking about women clearly on their way to somewhere.

Edited by Reticently
13 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I like how anytime you're arent attracted to a woman's appearance, even when you're polite about it, they try to "humble" you by dissing your momma. Cuz nothing says female empowerment like insulting.....another female

And what's weird is how your mother looks is in no way relevant, we don't want to fuck or marry our mothers so I don't see how it correlates. But we move 😂

Don't forget the classic "Oh, you must be gay." 

54 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Never mind. I'mma say "fuck it" and get a husky workbench from Home Depot. Unless there's a suggestion out there way better. I know I'd like something to keep my tower off the floor.

Oh you just need to keep your tower off the floor. Will this work?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B4VBBP9X?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share 

I bought this to keep my Tower off the floor. I have a Phanteks P600S, it's a large case, so you should be covered.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

they're talking about Beast Boy vs. Nimona on Deathbattle podcast at the moment (it's almost over though)... this brought back some good ol' memories... it frustrated me that the show ended without them really digging into the mystery of the character "Red X"....since it was suspected to be Robin but I guess that wasn't the case so the mystery of who that is remained, at least in the show.

The show was too goofy in the beginning, imo.... until they got to the storyline involving Terra and her eventual betrayal.  It got so much better and interesting from that point on, even though they still had the occasional silly stuff.  

Their next regular Death Battle special will be Jean Grey/Phoenix vs. Raven, btw....that should be a good one.

15 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

John Deere also has a trademark on that particular shade of green that goes on their tractors, though like the Ferrari red, it probably takes some doing to make it.

As long as the scope is narrow, totes legit.
https://www.t-mobile.com/news/press/federal-court-rules-that-att-was-infringing-on-t-mobiles-magenta

The Court's ruling, coming after extensive argument and a three-day hearing, validates T-Mobile's position that wireless customers identify T-Mobile with magenta and that T-Mobile's use of magenta is protected by trademark law.

I remember Fluke getting yellow multimeters kaboshed as well.