Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

He's hoping to make some money out of this

merch-2048x1305.jpg

https://secure.winred.com/save-america-joint-fundraising-committee/storefront/

Flip Flop: Vivek Ramaswamy Once Praised Mike Pence For His Actions on January 6, Now He Says He ‘Missed’ A ‘Historic Opportunity’

6_19_11-pm.jpg

Spoiler

Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy solemnly praised former Vice President Mike Pence for his actions on January 6 in a 2022 book, but now he says Pence missed a “historic opportunity” to bring about “national unity.”

In Nation of Victims: Identity Politics, the Death of Merit, and the Path Back to Excellence, Ramaswamy tore into former President Donald Trump for his attempts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

According to the future candidate, Trump was guilty of selling a “tale of grievance” fueled by “a persecution complex.”

“Accepting the outcomes of elections and having a peaceful transition of power is part of what it means to be a constitutional republic,” he continued before noting, “Top election officials in virtually every state, regardless of party, said they’d found no evidence of any significant level of fraud.”

Thankfully, Ramaswamy argued, Pence stood in the breach.

“Mike Pence, a man I have great respect for, decided it was his constitutional duty to resist the president’s attempts to get him to unilaterally overturn the results of the election, even in the face of the January 6 Capitol riot,” he wrote. “Our institutions did hold.”

On Wednesday night, during and immediately following the Republican primary debate, however, Ramaswamy spun quite a different tale.

During a on stage discussion about the January 6 Capitol riot and whether Pence had done the right thing on that day, Ramaswamy repeatedly interrupted the other candidates to call for the abolishment of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and to urge Pence to pledge to “pardon Donald Trump” if he were elected president.

After the debate, National Review‘s John McCormack pressed Ramaswamy on his view of Pence’s decision.

First, Ramaswamy professed to have a “detailed answer” to the question and lamented that he had not been asked it. Then, after being given another opportunity to provide such an answer, he said this:

I think I would have done it very differently. I would have done very differently. So I think that there was a historic opportunity that was missed to settle a score in this country to say that we’re actually going to have a national compromise on this — single-day voting on Election Day as a federal holiday, which I think Congress should have acted in that window between November and January to say: paper ballots, government-issued ID. And if that’s the case, then we’re not going to complain about stolen elections. And if I were there, I would have declared on January 7th, saying now I’m going to win in a free and fair election. Unlike what we saw with Big Tech and others stealing the election last time around, fix the process. This time around, we get it right, and it was a missed opportunity to deliver national unity. That’s what I would have done, but that’s what I’m gonna be able to do as president is unite this country.

It’s unclear whether Ramaswamy was suggesting that he would have unilaterally declared a new election, or was saying he would have waited until 2024 to win a “free and fair election.”

It’s also unclear what new evidence has been presented to Ramaswamy since he wrote Nation of Victims to convince him that the 2020 election was neither free nor fair.

Y'know... one surprising thing is that despite being in a shit-ass Memphis school as a kid... the # of fights I saw was actually rare.  This was mostly bad timing on my part though... they would usually happen while I was somewhere else and thus I'd miss the "live entertainment" for the day.

Our vice principal...I forgot if they called that position vice or "assistant" principal....anyway that guy had the imposing build to be effective in breaking things up between violent people... this guy was NFL linebacker size, like he could easily break the average person down in 1 punch; he wouldn't look out of place in a heavyweight WWE match.  I think he was the one that the Art teacher summoned that one time when "Chickenbone" was beating up the fat cheerleader.  heh, man I won't soon forget that day.

edit--yeah I still have a "mii" character made in remembrance of ol' "Chickenbone".

Edited by MillionX

By ANY chance, have any of you seen Dave Chappelle recently? He's performing live near me soon, but the only tickets available are either fast-fading nosebleeds or cost close to 400 (not even factoring in parking and such). I was massively underwhelmed the last time I saw him live (The Closer) and want to know if he's still saying mostly unfunny stuff about Trans people for a good chunk of his set (that was the problem last time).

400 isn't the world to me for a once-in-a-while thing, but I am going to be pissed if I buy tickets and this show is another The Closer.

Edited by axeman61

Airlines are still retarded. United had to pay this man $10,000,000 LOOOL

EDIT:

On 8/24/2023 at 10:03 AM, RSG3 said:

Yea it seems to me we'd have a lot more success if we fixed the actual problems we have instead of ignoring them and looking to strong men authoritarianism to fix it when that has never worked. We keep bandaiding our problems when the problems aren't scabs and nicks, it's full blown artery destruction, we're bleeding out and people don't want to address the gaping wound for some reason. 

Seems like public schools mirror jails and prisons more and more nowadays. I mean it happened when I was in high school too. We had several gangs and gang members in school (bay area, cali).

Edited by Jion_Wansu

Lol nothing about that represents reality BB. Like it's two random people, a button, cameras and lights and people's watching and them having the most awkward ass convo worried about who gonna Buzz the other one first. 

It's fucked from jump lol. It's entertaining tho. 

Edited by RSG3
28 minutes ago, Jurassic said:

This is just turbo speed dating as reality TV. I think there was one episode where one girl went through the entire room of guys and they walked out.

Yeah it was the model chick. She curbed a guy for not having six pack abs. After which the producers asked her if she would like to just remove herself. Which she did.

59 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Lol nothing about that represents reality BB. Like it's two random people, a button, cameras and lights and people's watching and them having the most awkward ass convo worried about who gonna Buzz the other one first. 

It's fucked from jump lol. It's entertaining tho. 

That episode is an extreme of course. But the grass is always greener, fear of missing out mind set is real in dating today. People looking towards what else is out there. Instead of focusing on what's in front of them.