Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

5 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

One Piece netflix came out today.  Seen a few more clips and I gotta say that if anything else I have to agree with this

They did not hold back on costume and casting to get the characters to look the way they needed to be at least.  Haven't heard anything yet on the show itself yet though.

I give credit for them really adhering to the OG designs...and yet I'll just stick to the Manga and even Anime. 

4 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

I give credit for them really adhering to the OG designs...and yet I'll just stick to the Manga and even Anime. 

Understandable. 

Thus far I am halfway through the 3rd episode and I've been surprisingly intrigued by the choices that they decided to make and didn't make while adapting the beginning parts of the story.   So far it's not horrible which is what I expected it to be but it's also not great either.  It's not as cringe as I was expecting it to be and I think it's because they don't actually have the characters yelling out every single attack all the time.  Granted there still cringe and when the cringe hits...it fucking hits.  So far I actually really like the guy playing Zoro the best out of everyone thus far.  Buggy was Buggy with a slight sprinkling of Joker.  They pretty much changed the majority of what happened when they ran in to Buggy.  Like I think the main issue thinking about it so far is that it's speedrunning the story which I kinda get that they have to do with some things because it's a fucking lot to cover and they're not going to be able to do everything so they have to make compromises while trying to stay true to the characters and the IP.  The conclusion very nearly the same but with really cringey horrible CGI for what happened to Buggy but I mean...I don't know how else they were planning to do this without it looking the way it did lol.  It's like the M.O.D.O.K. problem...there was no way it wasn't going to look weird in someway.

I'm at where Klahadore gets introduced and honestly I think the actor is doing a really solid job portraying him right now.  They got how he adjusts his glasses and everything correct. 

Edit:  Something else I mention is that they don't even ease you into the whacky shit of this universe either lol.    I've been trying to look at this show from both a fan's perspective and someone who doesn't know anything about OP and everything seems normal and fairly down the earth and then Luffy's bouncing a bullet back all of sudden and stretching all over the place and you don't get the explanation until later just like  in the show.  They don't even try to explain the snail phones.  Newcomers are getting tossed right in and they just need to accept that the world is full of weird shit.

Edit 3: halfway through Baratie and Sanji is making good first impressions.  This episode actually got some laughs out of me

Edited by Sonichuman

Epic Viral Videos Catch Women Brawling In SAVAGE Port-O-Potty Smackdown at Country Star’s Concert 😦

But the real show was at the long row of portable toilets, where smartphone cameras captured a fight that started as a verbal altercation between two women, then morphed into an all-out fracas that drew in several more spectators and featured several literal iterations of the phrase “Hold my beer!”

The scene opens with two women arguing in front of a United Site Services toilet, with the tattooed hair-beaded woman throwing a straw over her shoulder. The straw appears to have been taken from the other woman, who sports what appears to be a white macrame cover up. They begin jawing each other’s faces, and escalate to shoving.

Edited by AriesWarlock
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

aw man I was hoping that fight would've gotten extra nasty, considering the location... let's see some shit hit the fan for real.

haha imagine if one of those porta potty units tipped over and the contents spilled out...then they're slippin and sliding around everywhere in the shit juice 🤣

There's a side quest in Red Dead Redemtion 2 that ends with a con artist being drowned by one of his victims in a Porta potty. 

JP Morgan banks helped Epstein wash over 1 billion USD in human trafficking money. The report goes onto read “it was their entire financial history with each other and the only reason they even decided to disclose the information is because he [Epstein] is dead” 

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/01/report-jpmorgan-flagged-over-1b-in-epstein-transactions-to-treasury.html

Edited by iStu X

nah they're going ahead with it; it's not literally canceled.....but this is indeed turning out to be a glorious shitshow... you know behind the scenes they want to dispatch some suits to find a tactful way to tell her to just "shut the hell up" at least until the movie is out.  It seems like every time she says something it keeps making things worse.  It was already off to a bad start when the rumors started flying about the 7 dwarves being "changed for modern sensibilities" into "7 magical creatures" (and thus taking away 7 roles that could've actually gone to actors who happen to be in that "little people" category....that's terrible since obviously their circumstance already puts severe limits the roles they could ever hope for in tv/film/stage productions)

*up to Passions episode 16 now-- this has been fun since I missed the early episodes; I don't remember when I started watching it.  Besides Theresa's obsession with Ethan, Kay was also infatuated with Miguel right from the start so that's another sideplot. (I'm sure that would repulse most of the writers and show-runners out there these days...the types that always are compelled to uplift the female characters by making the male ones look stupid and evil, or just always wrong about everything....because if a female character is in love with a male character then there's obviously something "wrong" about that, I guess. 

They'd be more at home with the Ivy/Julian drama where this early on we already see that Julian is a compulsive cheater, and Ivy caught him with one of the maids so she scared the hell out of both of them by barging into the bedroom with a gun.)

Miguel would later go on to be the young "pool boy" in Desperate Housewives, who was Mrs. Solis' secret fling on a regular basis.  He also popped up in a movie or 2 but his career remained mostly to television, I think.

Theresa and Luis later would appear on other soap operas.

Edited by MillionX

i hope none of u buy drugs off d street n um or just from anyone cuz these drugs b laced with fentynl howev its nspelled. itll kill u. when i was young. u could buy drugs like that. but not now tho. too risky. not worth it. defff. just stick to weed shrooms beer/wine/liquor nicotine

the shit thatll kill u slowly lol. er. n pussy. n gambling. thall kill u slowly too. every addiction really.

like granny said

everything in moderation.

yes gramma

57 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Nobody is lacing my weed with more expensive drugs, that's bad for business, bad for profit, and bad for their consumer base. Believe it or not but drug dealers aren't actually trying to kill their source of income 👍

Are there dispensaries in AZ now? We have them in NM, and it's like going to fucking Candy Land  lol. But yeah, even before recreational was legal, nobody ever laced herb with shit that I know of. 

I know of heroin being laced with fentanyl- my cousin was addicted to heroin and got some laced shit and ODed. Killed him. Another good friend of mine was also into that shit and ended up getting hit by a train. Turns out fentanyl was in the tox report. He had gone down to the tracks to shoot up and either ODed on the tracks, or got so fucked up he didn't have the wherewithal to get off the tracks. Fentanyl is some dangerous shit, and I think dealers put it in the harder drugs to hook their clients even more maybe. I dunno, but it's fucking scary, and sad.

Smokin' some bud thats possibly laced with something and you dont know it usually happens when smoking with strange folk.  Like RSG said, dealers dont wanna lose their customers. 

I love that the shit is legal now.  Its just like going to the cigarette store.  Need to get some pot?  "Darlin', while you're out can you stop and get some wax and an ounce?".  No more calling around to see who's got some or going to a possibly shady dealer or just gettin' busted for it period.  I never liked going to a street dealer.  Hated that feeling that I gotta stick around for a bit but not linger too long.  I never wanted to hang out at all.  I just wanted to get my shit and get the fuck out.

I don't know who this random woman is but this shit was hilarious to me....she just came right out and claims to have ate the booty....

that general topic of people tossin' salad (*and talking about it publicly) will never stop getting laughs out of me, man.

*she claims it was clean... so now I'm wondering...(assuming it's all true)...would she still do the deed if the dudes were NOT clean down there? What if she got down to the spot and it already smelled bad....then she saw some streaks of shit because he didn't do a great job at wiping recently... would she still go for it? 🤣 Surely the average booty-eater would require cleanliness, like "nah man you need to get in the shower for a while first..."

Edited by MillionX

I went ahead and bought that $16 Mewtwo figure I saw at Walmart lately... I like the sculpt but the figure actually cannot stand unless you lean him against a wall/background....a bit of an annoying nitpick there.  Yeah, all these years later of that franchise existing... and Mewtwo is still really the only character design I like and find interesting/cool.  That was one of the great things about that game Pokken Tournament; Mewtwo is a playable character there.

It's this one:

Edited by MillionX