Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Someone mentioned this on a Skyrim reddit form and I had not really noticed it until now...  Dark Souls also came out in 2011.  So... while the TES fans have been waiting on the next "proper" Elder Scrolls...

Dark Souls 1, 2, 3 + dlc content, Bloodborne and Elden Ring have happened as that whole genre became popularized as a big deal in the industry.... all while we continue to wait on one sequel that more than likely has had zero actual work done on it even at this point 12 years and 1 month later. 

Sad thing is I bet it's STILL many years away.  Little kids today will be grandparents by the time Elder Scrolls 6 is released and that's really a "maybe", imo.

@MillionXThe sadder thing is that Elder Scrolls 6 will be mediocre at best. Sometimes I feel Bethesda is a 3D version of Game Maker. They are utterly reliant on modders to make their game worth a damn. They seem incapable of getting basic things like the UI correct. I swear if I see another Bethesda game with the same stilted ass conversations, I'm going to lose my mind. They were ahead of the game in the Morrowind days. Now it feels like they've jogging place while the industry passes them by.

48 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Dark Souls 1, 2, 3 + dlc content, Bloodborne and Elden Ring have happened as that whole genre became popularized as a big deal in the industry.... all while we continue to wait on one sequel that more than likely has had zero actual work done on it even at this point 12 years and 1 month later. 

Plus Sekiro, which is more skill based than RPG, but it's from the same developer and won GOTY. 

12 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Cocoa Jones starring in the live action remake of Princess and the Frog. Cant wait to hear ppl who never even watched the original complain about "wokeness" (whatever THAT means).  Good times ahead 😂

I didn't see this confirmed...it just seems that she's trying to be the front runner but apparently it's between her and Ari Lennox.  Never heard of Coco unfortunately so I decided to educate myself and hear her voice.  Wasn't expecting it to be that deep but then I saw this and was like "....yeah...I hear it"

"I had black friends going up"

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Ahhh maaaan...not the black friend defense...

Quite honestly I thought they would have moved past this by now considering the base she's trying to cater to...I'm guessing she would love to but it keeps coming up.

Apparently Trump's lawyers are trying to hold Jack Smith in contempt of court because after the Judge put the trial on hold or freeze, Jack and crew were still putting evidence/sending Trump's team discovery items.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/04/us/politics/trump-jack-smith-contempt-election-case.html

I don't know where the law is when it comes to a trial being on hold but its weird for lawyers to not want to know and see all the evidence up front so I can imagine Jack was being honest about just helping the trial to speed along as soon as it can.

Transformer's  Greatest Moments:

You've come a HELL of a long way, Ratchet!

I couldnt find a still photo with both in frame so i had to youtube screencap. Oh well.

I actually found the new figure in my local Walmart in November. It was one of 2 figures I bought in 2023.

Left: 2023 Studio Series 86 (Voyager Class)

Middle: 1984 G1

Right: 2022 Core Class SS86 version

zZ9PSJJ.png

egRsB6s.png

Edited by DangerousJ

I saw "Get Over It" trending and I wondered what that was about and come to find out it had to do with what Trump said regarding the recent school shooting in Iowa.  I only saw small clips that uhh....did not look or sound good so I decided to at least get a longer video to see if there was any context missing.

The answer won't really surprise you...

Edit:

Also apparently if you put water on a magnet, it stops the magnet from working. Never knew.

Edited by Sonichuman

can u imagine if trump gets elected president while in prison?

it would be the most gangsta shit eva.

just imagine trump in prison outfit, like running shit, from prison.

his cellmate T Bone will be secretary of state.

The Simpsons GIF by FOX TV

shit is wild yall.

one things for sure.

america's enemies would be terrified.

cuz the president running the country from prison is gangsta af lmfaoooo

1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

Ok. 

My position on it is probably a lot more nuanced than you might think. Maybe we can have a conversation about it sometime in DMs or something.  

Sure man, hit me up if you want. I'm about to take the family out so I won't be able to get back to you for a bit though. 

LOL. I told you all there is going to be another "celebrity just beat up his/her spouse" once the depp/herd angle goes to the "no body will ever give a shit about this anymore" zone. I do wish the Illuminati picked another celebrity to discipline for this season just to not screw over the whole plans of the MCU. 

They shouldn't rush this like they did with Depp/Herd, they looked so desperate for cash that just in a few months of that fake trial there were already shirts to netflix series being released? Come on

Also, these "caught on the CCT cameras in public space" promos are so lame.  Can't they think of anything original like maybe actually during a public event such as an award show? I hope the next season is going to be Beyonce and Jay-z were Jay-z is caught assaulting her during their vacation at some random safari somewhere in africa. 

Edited by blackamania

Good riddance to December of last year. Someone tried but failed miserably at throwing me off the balcony of someone who disrespected me long enough in my place. He really needed to go, didn't he?

Usually moderate to heavy hits to the side temple or lower jaw will score a knockout against you with enough force, which he done moderate force both to the face with me. Why that didn't cause any pain or shock to me, is a mystery, but I'm not complaining. Eventually, I've pinned him against the wall without attacking him back for the neighbor to say to me to not follow up on it and get the hostile one to stop. He yelled at me to free him. He threatened me with his gun and considered to run me over with his truck out of embarrassment, which that meant nothing to me. He decided not to, packed his things, and left. I didn't have much adrenaline out of the whole thing, because in Nola, it's what you expect here.

I was depressed for a week about this, because I'm always attracting "get over" people and people just say i have a black cloud over me. You know that authetic solitude is a disadvantage, especially in the times we're in, but I rather make the most if it from now on.

I'll need gaming again, in my life. Lol.

whoah hold on a minute.... I know that no one else will focus on this detail... but the guy's name is Deobra (*they pronounce it "Dee-obra" here but other vids I've heard it pronounced the other way "Debra")... pronounced like "Debra"?!?  Damn...no wonder; that's probably part of the reason this piece of shit was destined for a life a crime.  Imagine all the teasing as a kid----other dudes calling you "Little Debbie" or making "Debbie Does Dallas" jokes because your silly ass mama decided to be "creative" with the name and figured that would be "cute", I guess.

....but how was he able to even reach the judge that fast?  I've always assumed there's no way in the world you would be able to get close enough to attack a judge before you're swarmed by whatever officers/baliffs are standing around in the court.

*Oh yeah, at least for now, the Best Buy I go to still had tv/movie stuff; I was able to get the 4k disc of Dracula (1992) just the other day.

Edited by MillionX

Part of me would enjoy seeing the resulting humiliation of the Chicago reparations going thru.... only for it to have basically ZERO effect on the crime statistics.  Then of course the excuses would start piling up, like "well it's not an instantaneous effect, see...." and that would probably get repeated for years....that along with whatever amount being "inadequate", of course.  You'd see a lot of suddenly hood-rich folks spending on some flashy stuff and that's really all it accomplishes.  The crime situation there would be "business as usual".

After all these news stories showing what a shit show that city generally is in terms of crime... I've been wondering if it's actually worse than my preferred punching bag of ol' Memphis, TN.  I'm not sure how it compares in terms of the statistics but I still have doubts, actually.  "M-town" truly has no redeeming value.  

One of the only positives I used to bring up was the local news women... Memphis had some FINE ass girls on the local news (*note--which is unlike the rest of the city's population, btw; it's a barren wasteland when it comes to eye-candy just generally walking around; just awful), but even there... Nashville caught up on that front in recent years, and of course other cities already had that covered anyway---it's the natural rule in television that you should only be putting attractive people on if one is serious about ratings.

Another positive one could bring up is the local food situation... for chicken there's this place called Jack Pirtle's.  In my case it's a bit rare that I eat fried chicken anymore so that's become a non-issue for me....others would likely bring up BBQ, and I'm one of the rare southerners that isn't really passionate about that....it's just a "eh, ok" food for me....not something I'd go out of my way for.

Edited by MillionX
5 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Part of me would enjoy seeing the resulting humiliation of the Chicago reparations going thru.... only for it to have basically ZERO effect on the crime statistics.  Then of course the excuses would start piling up, like "well it's not an instantaneous effect, see...." and that would probably get repeated for years....that along with whatever amount being "inadequate", of course.  

After all these news stories showing what a shit show that city generally is in terms of crime... I've been wondering if it's actually worse than my preferred punching bag of ol' Memphis, TN.  I'm not sure how it compares in terms of the statistics but I still have doubts, actually.  "M-town" truly has no redeeming value.  

One of the only positives I used to bring up was the local news women... Memphis had some FINE ass girls on the local news (*note--which is unlike the rest of the city's population, btw; it's a barren wasteland when it comes to eye-candy just generally walking around; just awful), but even there... Nashville caught up on that front in recent years, and of course other cities already had that covered anyway---it's the natural rule in television that you should only be putting attractive people on if one is serious about ratings.

Another positive one could bring up is the local food situation... for chicken there's this place called Jack Pirtle's.  In my case it's a bit rare that I eat fried chicken anymore so that's become a non-issue for me....others would likely bring up BBQ, and I'm one of the rare southerners that isn't really passionate about that....it's just a "eh, ok" food for me....not something I'd go out of my way for.

I saw a news story the other day about how moving companies around Memphis are booked solid because people are leaving the city. I also saw another map that showed that Shelby county is losing lots of people because they're fed up with the crime.

Btw did you ever have the ribs at Ron Dee Voo? I'm normally ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about ribs but the ribs at that place are AMAZING. My wife and I got a half rack and I ate damn near all of them myself, they were that good.