Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

3 hours ago, axeman61 said:

This is a dumb question, but how does one google if highways near them are not too icy to travel on? Seems everything I try just gets me weather forecasts and traffic conditions.

Thinking about going an hour away from where I live for something, but I want to know if they iced the highway there as good as they did here. Black ice got me once (years ago), and it won't get me again.

What about the GPS on your cell phone? Would it show that info?

4 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Unless that's a setting I don't know about, Google maps doesn't show that stuff unless there's a big warning. At most it shows traffic, stalled vehicles, and speed traps. I know when black ice got me years ago, I was going to a place I was using GMaps to get to. No warning about black ice.

I'm not aware of any way for Google to aggregate that information.  Best I can think of is the news stations reporting anecdotal info, or MAYBE listening to a police scanner and hoping you catch them talking about it.

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

Unless that's a setting I don't know about, Google maps doesn't show that stuff unless there's a big warning. At most it shows traffic, stalled vehicles, and speed traps. I know when black ice got me years ago, I was going to a place I was using GMaps to get to. No warning about black ice.

Would Waze? At least community input would possibly have this.

28 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Man I hope I actually get money back this year...Last 2 years I've owed money somehow and I can only guess its was because of stimulus checks and what not.  I tell them to take extra money out to avoid this from happening and it failed me twice.

It's actually better to owe because if you're getting refunds, it means they're taking too much out which means there's probably a bit of money they're keeping that you don't actually owe. It's nice to get the refund check, but when you think about what that actually means...

We haven't done our taxes yet but I'm already thinking I should have bought more shit to write off.

man, Palworld has become the next big "talk of the town" in the games industry.  I am wondering how much of Pokemon's target audience that actually steals away; I'm sure a lot would still enjoiy the Pokemon games as well for whatever reason, but surely there's some who might be thinking ---"sheeeit, why stick with Pokemon games when that new game is giving us all this greatness right now on other systems?" and never look back....  like this is how I was thinking about Saint's Row vs. GTA when the SR franchise began.  GTA could not compete at all with SR back then; it wasn't even that close a comparison in my mind.  The new hotness was so obviously superior I could never go back.  At the time, the old GTA franchise was boring in comparison, with no "custom character" mode.  It was like the old days of VH1 vs. MTV...I think they were/are owned by Viacom(? I think?) but we all know which was the "cool" one and which one was for the music channel for boomers back then.

...and fast forward to now; quite a shame how the Saint's Row franchise ended up though.  Now it's just one of the recent blunders to laugh at in the games industry, and that studio Volition was shut down.

MegaBee Productions and Namco present...

Tekken

Starring...

Stu Hayden as Jin Kazama
RSG3 as Kazuya Mishima
DoctaMario as Heihachi Mishima
Michelle Yeoh as Jun Kazama

Charlize Theron as Nina Williams
Chadouken as Paul Phoenix
Missing Person as Marshall Law
WTF Akuma Hax as Yoshimitsu
Lantis as King
@Hawkingbird as Armor King
Dangerous J as Kuma
Fishjie as Lee Chaolan
Optimus124 as Bruce Irvin
Jackie Chan as Lei Wulong
Mechwarrior as Ganryu
Amber Midthunder as Julia Chang
Darksakul as Jack 8
BBHoody as Hwoarang
Maxx as Eddy Gordo
Neesa as Christie Monteiro
Scorp as Bryan Fury

Jurassic as Alex

Angelpalm as Craig Marduk
Infernoman as Raven
Zatalcon as Bob
Weneedhim as Claudio Serafino
SonicAbid as Shaheen
Hecatom as Miguel Rojo
HD-Man as Leroy Smith
PV93R as Sergei Dragunov

Vince McMahon Resigns From WWE Parent Company Following Allegations of Sex Trafficking

AP24025658200058-1-2048x1389.jpg

WWE co-founder Vince McMahon resigned from his position as executive chairman at the WWE and UFC parent company TKO Group Holdings on Friday following accusations of sex trafficking and abuse.

McMahon announced his resignation on Friday evening, insisting that while the allegations were “replete with lies,” he would leave his position out of respect for the company.

“I stand by my prior statement that Ms. Grant’s lawsuit is replete with lies, obscene made-up instances that never occurred, and is a vindictive distortion of the truth,” said McMahon. “I intend to vigorously defend myself against these baseless accusations, and look forward to clearing my name.”

He continued:

However, out of respect for the WWE Universe, the extraordinary TKO business and its board members and shareholders, partners and constituents, and all of the employees and Superstars who helped make WWE into the global leader it is today, I have decided to resign from my executive chairmanship and the TKO board of directors, effective immediately.

WWE president Nick Khan confirmed McMahon’s departure in an email to staffers, declaring that McMahon would “no longer have a role with TKO Group Holdings or WWE.”

McMahon’s resignation came just one day after a bombshell lawsuit accused him of sex trafficking and assaulting one of his employees.

In her lawsuit, Janel Grant accused McMahon of locking her in a room and sexually assaulting her, defecating on her head, and trafficking her to others at WWE after she was hired by the company.

While Grant signed a non-disclosure agreement in 2022, she alleged that McMahon had failed to pay her the full amount of $3 million stated in the agreement.

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

So...Trump gotta pay 83.3 Million to E Jean Carrol...

https://www.wsaw.com/2024/01/26/jury-says-donald-trump-must-pay-an-additional-833-million-e-jean-carroll-defamation-case/

Anybody wanna take bets on if he'll do it again or not?

Edited by AriesWarlock

12 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

E Jean isn't attacking the Republican party...just you my guy.  And Biden has nothing to do with E Jean either.  All he had to do was not talk shit about her after he lost the first time but he just couldn't help himself.  He pretty muchgave  E Jean an easy way to hand him another L.  So now everything has been reset again... and he has a piss easy choice to not talk shit about her (in public in front of cameras cause lord knows he's gonna say everything under the sun in private and he better hope nobody records him) and he can keep her hands away from his money.  Or he can be as predictable as can be and let his ego believe he's as infallible as his constituents have let him believe for the last decade and get handed another L.

Edited by Sonichuman

Apparently Ben Shapiro collabed on a rap song

Randomly came across this in my feed and listened to the snippet out of morbid curiosity.  I've never heard of Tom MacDonald either but I did a quick look up on him at of curiosity and a good chunk of the song names that popped up pretty much fell in line with the Venn diagram.

Edit:

Oh and I def wanna go see this movie

Edited by Sonichuman
12 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Apparently Ben Shapiro collabed on a rap song

Randomly came across this in my feed and listened to the snippet out of morbid curiosity.  I've never heard of Tom MacDonald either but I did a quick look up on him at of curiosity and a good chunk of the song names that popped up pretty much fell in line with the Venn diagram.

What's the Venn Diagram?

And how did I know that Ben Shapiro rapping would sound like he got AI'ed into the track? He's right there for the video and I refuse to believe it's NOT AI.

So some positive life updates:

-Just bought a new car (its used but you get the idea) with 65k miles on it. I love it so far

-Just moved into my new place a few days ago (kinda ghetto-ish but its clean, quiet and has a certain charm)

-I Have a nice amount of money saved, well, technically I acquired it recently (despite my sister's numerous fuck-ups . She's gonna cost me another $1300 soon, which will sting a bit but it won't wipe me anywhere near out) 

All in all, life is not perfect but a hell of alot better than I was a month or so ago

Edited by HD-Man
54 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

What's the Venn Diagram?

I'm not sure if you are asking what a Venn Diagram is or what is on the Venn Diagram in this case so I'll answer both.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venn_diagram

The Venn diagram in this case would be the type of person who would rap with Ben Shapiro and then in the other circle would be Ben Shapiro.  The overlap would be what they both likely believe in.

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

So some positive life updates:

-Just bought a new car (its used but you get the idea) with 65k miles on it. I love it so far

-Just moved into my new place a few days ago (kinda ghetto-ish but its clean, quiet and has a certain charm)

-I Have a nice amount of money saved, well, technically I acquired it recently (despite my sister's numerous fuck-ups . She's gonna cost me another $1300 soon, which will sting a bit but it won't wipe me anywhere near out) 

All in all, life is not perfect but a hell of alot better than I was a month or so ago

I pray that used car does you good. My used car came from a deceased family member and had 65k miles too. But the repairs (not maintenance, repairs) over the years have been at least triple what the car would be worth on Kelley Blue Book. I still like it much better than my old used car, but not being able to dump 10K plus into a "new" used car is maybe the only reason I still have it.