Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

10 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

It's the equivalent of telling an artist to paint something and then going "I did that." No you didn't. You asked someone to do it and then they obliged you. 

Dudes acting like he's a producer or something. Only Hollywood and the like get away with paying other people to make shit and then going "I did that." 

I think that dude knows this deep down and that's why he's so salty and aggressive about it. Someone who was secure in knowing that they are what they say they are wouldn't be going out of his way to antagonize people about it like he is.

ICYMI - Illinois mayor shuts down local businesses that don’t contribute to her campaign, dresses like a movie gangster: citizens

Mayor Tiffany Henyard attends meetings dressed as a movie gangster and her residents say she plays the part – retaliating against them unless they do her bidding, The Post can reveal.

Henyard channeled drug kingpin Nino Brown from the 1991 gangster movie “New Jack City” at a 2023 gathering, an ensemble meant to intimidate, her critics claimed this week.

“People look at politics like a joke, it’s like a mockery right now because of all this stuff,” Village of Dolton Trustee Kiana Belcher told The Post. “She comes to board meetings dressed like Nino Brown.”

During one meeting dressed in the ensemble, Henyard, 40, signaled for a DJ to blare Rihanna’s “Bitch Better Have My Money” as she sashayed around the room to punctuate a point she was making, sources said.

Henyard committed to the character, carrying a small stuffed dog to evoke a scene from the 1991 crime classic where Nino menaces and batters an underling, according to the Chicago Tribune.

The former burger joint owner turned local politician is under fire for allegedly plundering Dolton’s coffers for personal extravagances, and using law enforcement allies to oppress opponents.

Lawrence Gardner, 57, told The Post Friday Henyard shut down his trucking business because he refused to renew a $3,500 contribution to her political war chest.

She looks the part.

https://pirg.org/take-action/tell-your-u-s-senators-pass-health-care-price-transparency/

Patients deserve to know their health care costs up front. Tell your U.S. senators: Pass health care price transparency.

Although hospitals are required to post costs of services, most do so in such complex formulas that we can't figure out the real price.1 The Senate has a big vote coming up in March, and we need them to pass a law so hospitals must post their prices in dollars and cents.

The House has already passed health care price transparency legislation. Now we need the U.S. Senate to do so as well.2

Congress should require hospitals, laboratories, and other providers to make their clear prices available to patients -- not estimates, not complex formulas, but real dollar amounts.

Edited by AriesWarlock
2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I think that dude knows this deep down and that's why he's so salty and aggressive about it. Someone who was secure in knowing that they are what they say they are wouldn't be going out of his way to antagonize people about it like he is.

Graphic design is my career, so people like this AI artist gets under my skin. AI creators need to stop smelling their own farts. These are interesting tools but it creates stuff that is derivative to what already exists. I know people who use it for work and fun, and they all describe it as a time saving shortcut. AI generated work cannot be copyrighted, so it is not worth going in so hard to claim you are an AI genius.

I own a waffle maker, does that make me the king of breakfast?

Edited by Jurassic
2 hours ago, Jurassic said:

Graphic design is my career, so people like this AI artist gets under my skin. AI creators need to stop smelling their own farts. These are interesting tools but it creates stuff that is derivative to what already exists. I know people who use it for work and fun, and they all describe it as a time saving shortcut. AI generated work cannot be copyrighted, so it is not worth going in so hard to claim you are an AI genius.

I own a waffle maker, does that make me the king of breakfast?

Irl video of Jurassic cooking 😂

spacer.png

Danning Kruger is in full effect right now...I'm starting to see more people out here trying to come for artists and trying to tell them about their jobs.  

Trump went to a Sneakercon and I thought that was weird hearing that news but I kept it moving.  Come to find out he was actually there to show of shoes hes promoting.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-sneakers-sneaker-con-philadelphia-4de093eda6f8d1c68baf8fe8095f777b

$399.

1708262643268.jpg?w=1920

And these things actually sold out apparently.  There were 1000 of these so that's about 400,000 not including taxes.  And apparently they booed the hell out of him while he was there.  I'm pretty sure I don't want to meet anyone who actually bought a pair of these.

Edit:

And I'm finding out that someone paid $9000 for a pair of these after bidding on one of the pairs that had Trump's signature on them.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Edited by Sonichuman
11 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Danning Kruger is in full effect right now...I'm starting to see more people out here trying to come for artists and trying to tell them about their jobs.  

Trump went to a Sneakercon and I thought that was weird hearing that news but I kept it moving.  Come to find out he was actually there to show of shoes hes promoting.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-sneakers-sneaker-con-philadelphia-4de093eda6f8d1c68baf8fe8095f777b

$399.

1708262643268.jpg?w=1920

And these things actually sold out apparently.  There were 1000 of these so that's about 400,000 not including taxes.  And apparently they booed the hell out of him while he was there.  I'm pretty sure I don't want to meet anyone who actually bought a pair of these.

Edit:

And I'm finding out that someone paid $9000 for a pair of these after bidding on one of the pairs that had Trump's signature on them.

I SO wanna believe he did that as a chess move, knowing they'll be more valuable in the future when Trump is either dead, in jail, or president again.

But I know it's much dumber than that: he really just bought them.

Transformer's Greatest Moments:

Autobots arrive on Earth (2007 Film)

While I don't care for Bay's films, this scene is good because of:

--Peter Cullen returning to the role after 20 years! 

--Steve Jablonsky's moving score

--The sweet moment with the little girl

The Armageddon reference is cheesy, but doesnt really take anything away imo.

20 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Edit:

Perhaps this is really, a very smart move.  He could sue Ttump after and potentially get upto $350 million in return.

9 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

MEME MONDAY: Zelda Edition!

...I...can't say I've seen anyone complain about Link being hetero.  Not that I'm saying it doesn't exist but anyone who was wishing he wasn't really was trying their hardest to miss stuff.  I mean...people were wishing really hard for Bayo to be a les despiter her literally saying that she enjoys making babies lol.

31 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Top 3 ways for Black guys to get white pussy.

1) Become rich and famous

2) Join the Republican party

My favorite

3) Attach a Starbucks gift card to fishing line and away we go!

Nah. Afro and/or unbraided hair should be #1. I had white girls buy me drinks, in front of their boyfriends just for sporting a Fro. Shit was wild. I'd get all dressed up. Have freshly braided cornrows, and have to put in work to get any play. Then the moment I took my braids loose, white girls would come out the woodwork to buy me drinks and ask me to dance. The only down side was having to unbraid my hair in the club. They weren't going to let me in with fro. 😂

https://www.nmn.com/news/nmn-inhibits-sars-cov-2-infection-according-to-chinese-study

Enzymes with roles in DNA repair, such as sirtuins and poly (ADP-ribose) polymerases (PARPs), require the essential nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) molecule to function. For this reason, Cheng and colleagues supplemented old mice exposed to a mouse version of SARS-CoV-2 with the NAD+ booster NMN. They found that NMN treatment correlated to lower DNA damage and ACE2 receptor levels along with reduced lung viral loads. These results demonstrate that, at least in mice, NMN wards off SARS-CoV-2 infection, possibly by maintaining DNA and blocking the buildup of ACE2 receptors

https://www.nmn.com/news/nmn-reduces-inflammation-and-defends-against-viruses-japanese-scientists

Sano and colleagues found that the mRNA levels of interleukin-6 (IL-6) — a pro-inflammatory protein — were elevated in infected human lung cells, suggesting an elevation in inflammation. Upon treatment with a high-dose of NMN, however, IL-6 mRNA went down to normal levels. These findings suggest that NMN mitigates viral-mediated inflammation.  

idk about nmn preventing viral infections but i do know that i recently caught a cold and after getting over the cold i still had some mucous and phlem in the ole lungs and after taking a couple nmn capsules in a short time, like a hour i felt no need to cough and didnt feel that irritation in the lungs that makes one cough. i felt..better. pretty quickly.

does seem to at least calm inflammation down.

On 1/27/2024 at 12:29 PM, HD-Man said:

So some positive life updates:

-Just bought a new car (its used but you get the idea) with 65k miles on it. I love it so far

-Just moved into my new place a few days ago (kinda ghetto-ish but its clean, quiet and has a certain charm)

-I Have a nice amount of money saved, well, technically I acquired it recently (despite my sister's numerous fuck-ups . She's gonna cost me another $1300 soon, which will sting a bit but it won't wipe me anywhere near out) 

All in all, life is not perfect but a hell of alot better than I was a month or so ago

Glad to hear that my guy. Keep on striving