Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

mannnnn... I just watched Castlevania episode 6 this season.  Words can't even do it justice.  I was going thru a few of the episodes but I have to take a moment after that one and reflect on the awesomeness I've just seen.....you clearly see the setup that it's leading up to something incredible...and yet when the moment happens it STILL surpasses all expectations.

shocked holy shit GIF

edit---Lenore is still the best of the vampire girls on this show, imo.  That's the top pick all day every day for me.  Carmilla is a very close 2nd place.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

I think most dudes feel that way, and I definitely wasn't super clucky about kids until I had my own. Babies are just kind of bumps on logs until they can start smiling or laughing or whatever but once they get a little older they're funny as fuck. My kid will fart at the most hilarious times, and like BIG farts, not little squeakers either. 🤣

I honestly don't even get that bent out of shape about a baby crying in public, yeah it's kind of annoying, but the kid's doing it for a reason, it's not like they're purposely doing it to be assholes like a lot of things adults do.

Yea and I'm not saying babies are assholes just that new parents always love to shove their child in your face, and their baby pictures and shit, then they get upset when you don't really care. My sister was legit offended I didn't want to hold her baby. Like Sis have you EVER seen me hold a baby? You're not the first in this family to have one and you watched me turn down all our cousins and other relatives when they tried to shove their poop machine in my hands. What the fuck made you think you would be the exception? 

Like that's why I want to know what they mean by Neutral because it's the new parents that are the problem, not the rest of us. They are the ones who get bent out of shape because we aren't ecstatic they did the thing humans have been doing for millions of years. 

5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Which makes all the sense in the world. 

Yeah, man, it's crazy. I put off having a kid because I never wanted to have to go through the baby part of it. I was just like you- didn't like babies for all the same reasons. Even family and friends who had them I was like, "cool, you have a baby, but keep that thing away from me, please."

After my daughter was born I realized that I never considered the amount of love I could have for another person. Shit rocked my god damned world. So now if a friend has a new baby I'm a little more keen on seeing pics and videos, knowing that they're experiencing the same shit I am.

19 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Yeah, man, it's crazy. I put off having a kid because I never wanted to have to go through the baby part of it. I was just like you- didn't like babies for all the same reasons. Even family and friends who had them I was like, "cool, you have a baby, but keep that thing away from me, please."

After my daughter was born I realized that I never considered the amount of love I could have for another person. Shit rocked my god damned world. So now if a friend has a new baby I'm a little more keen on seeing pics and videos, knowing that they're experiencing the same shit I am.

I'm able to talk to my friends kids a bit more now than I used to be. It's harder to talk to them sometimes but if you have one of your own, it helps. 

well, today they showed the final episode (s9, ep. 22) of One Day at a Time, followed by the first episode "Ann's Decision" which is on right now.  Y'know... yeah... Bonnie Franklin was quite a cute one back in her younger days.  I certainly wouldn't have turned it down.

Meanwhile, on Decades network... The Love Boat is on.  Sheeeittt, they need to get some Fantasy Island on one of these networks... I haven't seen that since wayyy back when it was only "recently old" and in syndication.... I also want to see Mannix again...that show looked badass from what I saw in a marathon of it a few weeks ago.

Internet nostalgia--- remember a few years ago when "Words with Friends" was a big thing on facebook?  I miss that... for some reason, it's like everyone in the world decided to stop playing it all at the same time. 😞 

Edited by MillionX
10 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

mistakes were made...

It’s fine. But most enlisted/veterans get upset when you mix the two up though. Memorial Day is seen as much more important to the armed forces for obvious reasons. 

My dad did full the 20 in the army and retired as a Major. Growing up I went to more Memorial Day and Veterans Day get togethers than I can count. 

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, iStu X said:

It’s fine. But most enlisted/veterans get upset when you mix the two up as Memorial Day is much more important to the armed forces for obvious reasons. 

My dad did full 20 in the army. I went to more Memorial Day and Veterans Day get together than I can count. 

I don't interact much anymore with military peeps and I have other things going on right now so...I forget? *shrug*

Snip, topic change

41 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

What if R2D2 ....

The original script to Star Wars (A New Hope) gave R2D2 actual dialog, R2 was supposed to be rather rude and fowl mouthed for the film.

The voice acting for the Droid R2D2 was drop and substituted for beeps, but all the supposed dialog remained in the script for character motivation and interaction.

The C-3P0 actor Anthony Daniels had dialog to respond to and act from, which helps sells that C-3P0 understood R2D2 like if he spoke normally. 

2 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

The voice acting for the Droid R2D2 was drop and substituted for beeps, but all the supposed dialog remained in the script for character motivation and interaction.

The C-3P0 actor Anthony Daniels had dialog to respond to and act from, which helps sells that C-3P0 understood R2D2 like if he spoke normally. 

This is also what was done for Groot and Rocket in the Guardians movies. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

Lmao I need to stop gettin drunk, I have no recollection of hollering at this chick, but she showed me we're in a Snapchat video together. She claims I told her she was the one, now I definitely talked to her, but that line about her being the one is some bullshit. I don't use anything resembling phrases that involve any type of commitment, especially to someone I just met 😂

Edited by HD-Man
31 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Lmao I need to stop gettin drunk, I have no recollection of hollering at this chick, but she showed me we're in a Snapchat video together. She claims I told her she was the one, now I definitely talked to her, but that line about her being the one is some bullshit. I don't use anything resembling phrases that involve any type of commitment, especially to someone I just met 😂

Drunken words are sober thoughts breh. You're getting hitched 🤣

5 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I just made the "?" face. Physically.

Dad-to-be’s tantrum is caught on tape at gender reveal party when he discovers he’s having a little girl

Gender reveal parties — which are controversial to begin with, especially when they use harmful balloon releases — are usually a time to celebrate the birth of a future child.

But this reveal caused nothing but anguish for the dad in question. As soon as the pink balloons flew out, dad muttered something under his breath (something that looked rather profane), and tossed the balloon string on the ground in despair. 

Not a good memory for the girl 🤔

Edited by AriesWarlock
1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

Lawyers have to be sliding off their chairs jizzing at all the wrongful death suits that pool is going to bring.

"C'mon guys, It's completely safe!!  It's not like that crack is real. watch this................

Here lies Bob.  His last words before he fell through someone's Hood at 138MPH:  "DON'T POKE THE CRACK!"

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

I want to pee in that pool.

That would require being within at least a 5-foot proximity of it.

That's a hard no.

Not even with the entire numerical alphabet of B-Vitamins raring to shoot out of my dick to guide me, and keep me safe.

Edited by JHDK
7 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Dad-to-be’s tantrum is caught on tape at gender reveal party when he discovers he’s having a little girl

Gender reveal parties — which are controversial to begin with, especially when they use harmful balloon releases — are usually a time to celebrate the birth of a future child.

But this reveal caused nothing but anguish for the dad in question. As soon as the pink balloons flew out, dad muttered something under his breath (something that looked rather profane), and tossed the balloon string on the ground in despair. 

Not a good memory for the girl 🤔

I don't really get why anybody in a Western, developed country would be angry to have a daughter. I'd think you'd prefer a daughter. It's not like you need farmhands to work the property these days or pass on the family trade. People always want to insist women have it really hard in the West but they get most of the academic and healthcare resources spent on them, which is great obviously, and tend to have better incomes and careers nowadays. Women make up most college graduates and professionals these days. Sure it was different 50 years ago and Boomers still skew male oriented, but that was a long time ago. I don't know any women under 35 that aren't doing really, really well, while I do know a lot of men under that age that are struggling.

I'd prefer daughters and then to take advantage of every opportunity for them.

4 hours ago, Serpent said:

I don't really get why anybody in a Western, developed country would be angry to have a daughter. I'd think you'd prefer a daughter. It's not like you need farmhands to work the property these days or pass on the family trade. People always want to insist women have it really hard in the West but they get most of the academic and healthcare resources spent on them, which is great obviously, and tend to have better incomes and careers nowadays. Women make up most college graduates and professionals these days. Sure it was different 50 years ago and Boomers still skew male oriented, but that was a long time ago. I don't know any women under 35 that aren't doing really, really well, while I do know a lot of men under that age that are struggling.

I'd prefer daughters and then to take advantage of every opportunity for them.

Most men have a fear of some dude eventually smashing their baby girl, that's about the gist of why many guys don't want daughters