Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

in line with what zatacon said.

after years of youtube, twitter,twitch,  instagram, tiktok and facebook ive grown exhausted by these net media platforms that showcase peeps with no talent doing no talent skits. i find myself drifting away from em and leaning back towards "established" entertainment.

that said. it also makes one realize how difficult it is to produce entertainment for the masses with no money.

if u dont have millions of money. how else are you gonna entertain people with no budget on your youtube channel?

so then u gotta watch stuff like the wire or vikings. yet again.

but yea when this thing called social media first started it was all new n juicy. so we  all watched with interest but its tired now. i just find myself flipping through social media vids bored af nowadays. its all the same shit made by no talent. 

and if they do have actual talent..doesnt matter cuz they, the individuals on these social media platforms, have no budget to make theyre actual talent, come to full fruition. which is frustrating to watch tbh.

Edited by VirginDefiler

So im on the floor of the con. Everyone's drunk and i got a tekken shirt on. This chick sees my shirt and asks if i play, i say yeah thsts why i got the shirt on. Then she taps her man and he asks me i play and do tournaments. And then tells me hed whoop my ass. Lmfaoooo why is the fucking fgc like this? Jjst mad aggressive for no reason? Lol. My boy tells me hes actually a known American player too. Nigga leave me alone.. Go talk shit to someone whos in top 10 of ceo. Not me. 

I wonder what some of the "whales" I see on youtube do for a living, that they can afford sending big superchats so often... like there's some people that regularly do $500.00 superchats like it's no big deal for them....even 100 would seem silly to me since it doesn't really cost anything to watch a youtube stream; you're just choosing to support them to whatever level.

edit-interesting... I noticed in the description that Rhoda and the husband split up in season 3... and yeah, sure enough this was the beginning of the ratings downfall for the show, apparently: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhoda

I looked it up because I was thinking there was some juicy behind-the-scenes drama leading to the husband being fired... but nah, it appears that was just the creative decision to split them up.

whoah hold the fuck on... just now I noticed a producer credit briefly on screen for Rhoda----the guy's name was BUD WISER?!  Sure enough, this guy is real... Bernard "Bud" Wiser 

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0936508/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bud_Wiser 

EDIT again---ok yeah this show has won me over for sure.... a shame I've missed out on it all this time...of course it was a new show before my time, really...it aired from 1974 to 1978; 5 seasons....but yeah, the funny banter between characters is absolute gold, and there's been several laugh-out-loud moments for me during this marathon.  It's also funny that every time they speak with "Carlton the Doorman", since he's not shown it's always in my mind that they're speaking to Garfield, or the cartoon version of Dr. Peter Venkman.

Edited by MillionX
On 2/18/2022 at 2:17 PM, Sonero said:

These two got married.

This dude waited 4 years on an 8th grader and then married her?

It's called grooming, and it's fucking disguising

Grooming is when someone builds a relationship, trust and emotional connection with a child or young person so they can manipulate, exploit and abuse them. ... Groomers may also build a relationship with the young person's family or friends to make them seem trustworthy or authoritative.

I noticed today that Walmart has several dvds and blu-rays marked down from the usual price...so I could not resist; finally the Indiana Jones collection is mine.  There is also a big Power Rangers dvd collection that must be a recent release; I've never seen it before... it's 19 discs that include all of the Morphin era + the Alien Rangers, all for 25 bucks!  That might be next for me.  It would've been nice if they went on and included Zeo in that too.

Current episode of Rhoda--- in this scene she's been out in the rain, so she has the wet hair look and is looking TASTY right now...such a gorgeous woman, even when she was older on that show "Valerie" later.  It would be nice if Decades showed this regularly; I don't recall seeing it on the schedule before.  

...unfortunately Valerie Harper died recently in 2019. (she was 80)  The woman playing her sister is more known at this point for being the legendary voice of Marge Simpson. (Julie Kavner)

edit---also at Walmart---I saw the smaller "Partycade" version of Arcade 1ups!  If I didn't already have the Ms. Pacman 40th anniversary cabinet, I probably would've gone for the smaller $200 version...it looks like there isn't even any assembly required on those.

Edited by MillionX
12 minutes ago, J-ride said:

From what I have read, China is way colder than the temperatures that these athletes typically compete at which has made the Olympics absolutely brutal this year.

https://www.insider.com/beijing-olympics-skiers-complain-dangerously-cold-weather-windchill-2022-2

When the Swedish say it's cold, there something to seriously consider.

This is rich.  The TL;DR is that an anti-gun political activist (and apparently a member the Black Hebrew Israelites- a racial supremacist group not generally fans of Jews) tried to shoot a Jewish democrat mayoral candidate and barely missed. The media started their usual narrative until the news came out that the guy is on their team. The shooter is now out on $100k bail paid for by BLM, and the wagons are circling to protect him.  

This will be swept under the rug faster than the "SUV accident" where a loon drove into a Christmas parade. The door swings one way, as usual. 

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2022/02/15/what-we-know-attempted-shooting-louisville-mayor-candidate-craig-greenberg/6794479001/

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2022/02/17/blm-louisville-remains-unapologetic-after-bailing-out-activist-accused-of-shooting-at-candidate-n2603454

5 minutes ago, Saikyotic said:

Merino wool is the GOAT material. I'd wear Merino wool everything if it weren't prohibitively expensive. Do recommend y'all at least try socks and underwear made out of it—whether it's hot or cold or if you're sweaty walking around you'll still feel like 😤

yea i have wool socks dude. but not wool socks for warmth but cuz your feet stay dry, unlike cotton socks. but bamboo socks also keep your footsies dry too. but not warm tho.

but in the winter i rock shearling boots like uggs n bearpaw. those are warm too.

Edited by VirginDefiler
18 minutes ago, Saikyotic said:

Merino wool is the GOAT material. I'd wear Merino wool everything if it weren't prohibitively expensive. Do recommend y'all at least try socks and underwear made out of it—whether it's hot or cold or if you're sweaty walking around you'll still feel like 😤

Most of my socks are Merino wool- I wear boots every day for work so my socks are thick merino. I also have a few pairs of white ankle merino wool socks for sneakers. Wish I had more of those, but they're fucking $15 a pair lol. Last forever though.

19 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

https://nypost.com/2022/01/25/amazon-endorses-bill-legalizing-marijuana-on-federal-level/

good.

i hope it gets fed legalized. i dont really know how it can even stay illegal with mexico and canada legal. soon all north america will be legalized...then the world.

Bezos and the GOP sounds like the perfect way to fuck up legalization. The dude barely made it to the edge of the stratosphere in a spaceship shaped like a dick.

It was a teaser, it was just as much as I expected. Luke looks a little weird but other than that I didn't see anything overly wrong 

I'll wait to bitch about SF6 after I see actual gameplay is shit  (if it is). I understand disappointment but I think yall kinda overblowing the game being a colossal fail, atleast see it in action first, then trash it

FGC starting to resemble the IWC😂

Edited by HD-Man
13 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

It was a teaser, it was just as much as I expected. Luke looks a little weird but other than that I didn't see anything overly wrong 

I'll wait to bitch about SF6 after I see actual gameplay is shit  (if it is). I understand disappointment but I think yall kinda overblowing the game being a colossal fail, atleast see it in action first, then trash it

FGC starting to resemble the IWC😂

"Fans of a franchise hate everything that gets announced" seems to have become commonplace 🤣

Edited by OPTIMUS124
5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Nah, dont give these bums a pass. I looked up a bunch if reveal trailers yesterday to see what the deal was and Calcom is just doing dumb shit .

Compare the Toenly Fans Ryu trailer to the first Strive teaser:

Not all teasers have snippets of gameplay like Strive did tho.....IF SF6 had actual gameplay in it and it looked awful, I could see the outcry 

I personally think ppl just bringing old baggage from previous disappointment or sf games and not truly giving SF6 a chance yet

Everybody's free to feel how they want but I prefer to wait and see how it looks in game before I make my assessment 

9 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Not all teasers have snippets of gameplay like Strive did tho.....IF SF6 had actual gameplay in it and it looked awful, I could see the outcry 

Bro, this is how MK11 got revealed:

Hell this is the Resident Evil 8 trailer:

DMC 5 reveal trailer

SF6 teaser isn't even in line with how Capcom treats their other games. That's how wack it is.

44 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Yep, exactly. Mfers saw like 40 seconds of CGI that's probably not at all indicative of the what the final product will be and went nuclear 😂

I think the fact that they got everyone hyped up with a countdown timer and showed a cgi clip with no fighting, no gameplay, and a shitty logo is why people are mad. If they'd just dropped the clip without all the build up I think people would have been more forgiving.

6 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I think the fact that they got everyone hyped up with a countdown timer and showed a cgi clip with no fighting, no gameplay, and a shitty logo is why people are mad. If they'd just dropped the clip without all the build up I think people would have been more forgiving.

Yup, plus I stayed up until 12:30 on a work night for 20 seconds of nothing except "wait for more announcements this summer!".