Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

silly question but why do so many pen companies make pens with clips on them? like, i dont think ive ever put my pen in my shirt pocket using the clip. even once. especially considering putting your pen into your shirt pocket using the clip or not. screams nerd.

hence. why no one since the 1960s has used them in the pocket shirt.

so why do they keep making pens with clips then?

The last time I even saw someone with their pen clipped to a shirt-pocket it might've been.... that Michael Douglas character from Falling Down, or the nerd characters from Revenge of the Nerds ....maybe Steve Urkel and Duncan Penderhughes as well, I think.  Most people probably forgot about Duncan....he was the nerdy character played by Chris "Kid" Reid from Kid N Play in the movie Class Act.  

I bet the old movies and shows with nerd characters probably doesn't really make much sense to younger generations... since "nerdiness" eventually became more acceptable socially.... though Urkel still had horribly ugly outfits... so yeah he'd still be understood to be a "dork" character at least.

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Because lots of people still use them and there is 0 reason to lower the utility functions of a pen anyway. 

the reason is just aesthetic. cuz when every single one uses it. the design can be..boring. to look at.

hmm

i have used a pen clip to hold it inside the spiral of spiral notebooks but most of those if not all i used clipped to the spiral are cheap wack pens so who cares if i lose it but any pen i value id never put it inside a spiral cuz id b too afraid to lose it. i just put it in my pocket.

and yea i know the clip stops it from rolling away. thats prob its biggest function but still tho. clips can make the pens look...too alike from one another.

i was just askin cuz lately ive been collecting pens. interesting ones.

maxresdefault.jpg

like for ex the tombow 707 pen. it was designed in the 80s. never discontinued. they still make em. i especially like the red ball on the clip. very 80s. very S&M lol

or this

s-l1200.webp

bolt action pen that looks sorta machine gun like. hmm, i wonder why bolt action pens arent more popular. they are fun to play with.

il_fullxfull.4703680607_sa4h.jpg

this one is cool. it has the clip serve as the bolt. dope.

Edited by VirginDefiler
6 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

silly question but why do so many pen companies make pens with clips on them? like, i dont think ive ever put my pen in my shirt pocket using the clip. even once. especially considering putting your pen into your shirt pocket using the clip or not. screams nerd.

hence. why no one since the 1960s has used them in the pocket shirt.

so why do they keep making pens with clips then?

Good question. Lot of reasons actually.

1) They've been made like that for a long time. We've got manufacturing processes that have pretty much perfected the clip and its attachment to the pen. The cost to do it is so low that actually removing it requires a restructuring of manufacturing processes that is more expensive than continuing to make them.

2) The stop it from rolling around, as stated above.

3) People do use the clip. Just because you don't see it a lot (neither do I), doesn't mean there isn't a specific type of nerd who doesn't. Looking at you @Chadouken.

4) The type of pens you're talking about are going to be bought by people who care about their tools. Remember, a pen is just a tool. How you use it depends on your intentions and expressive capabilities. A Bic ballpoint can note down numbers on an assembly line or be used to create artwork. How you use the tool matters, and you deserve all the freedom to use it however you like once you've purchased it. I don't think there is a very large audience of these collectors who would value a tool that has had one of its utilities stripped away as a cost to serve aesthetic purposes. I'd argue that the clip is part of the aesthetic portfolio of a more expensive pen, and, as such, should be at the same level of quality and aesthetic appeal as the rest of the pen.

5 hours ago, RSG3 said:

there is 0 reason to lower the utility functions of a pen anyway.

This is a pretty good summary of that word salad above.

^there was 1 episode of X-play I remember where you could see right up Morgan's skirt a couple of times (white panties).  Yep, I made sure to record it, complete with back-up recordings as well (since this was back in the days of cable networks re-running episodes of shows several times over).  On that note there was also an infamous "Halo 3" episode of "Cheat" where Kristin Holt had a ridiculously short skirt on... like it was just barely below her cheeks and flared...unfortunately she managed to never actually show a money shot though...no panties or cheeks visible but damn that visual was still niiiiice.  If she were facing away from you, just her leaning over slightly would show off some cheeks.  I still got that recorded as well; I most likely still have the old tapes.  That's how I rolled in the ol VHS and DVD-recorder days....

*The brass pens looked pretty cool; I'd get those just as a collectible.

Edited by MillionX

Yeah...I''m sure going south of the border and blowing up/shooting up places without consent from Mexico will smooth over really well.   I get drug cartels are an issue but that's definitely going to be a big political shitshow if you did that.  Shooting them while they're over here is all fine and dandy but going over there despite us being better are rooting out the problem is going to a huge issue.

Edit:

Also saw this video on facebook and it pissed me off.  Fucking garbage human being

This girl did get identified and got dragged.

Edited by Sonichuman
1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Yeah...I''m sure going south of the border and blowing up/shooting up places without consent from Mexico will smooth over really well.   I get drug cartels are an issue but that's definitely going to be a big political shitshow if you did that.  Shooting them while they're over here is all fine and dandy but going over there despite us being better are rooting out the problem is going to a huge issue.

Edit:

Also saw this video on facebook and it pissed me off.  Fucking garbage human being

This girl did get identified and got dragged.

Of course nothing significant will happen to that piece of trash.  It must be nice to be part of a certain group of humans that apparently has full license to be as much of an asshole as possible on a daily fucking basis in life, be above even light criticism and always with little to no consequences, no matter what.

america could never invade mexico cuz mex intelligence agancies have waaaaay too much dirt on american govt secrets from being next door neighbors and close allies..that it would never ever happen. they would ruin the american govt cred forever if usa tried.

discovered this movie.

vampire who is cia agent and cop join forces to stop russia startin ww3.

blood shot is d movie name.

Edited by VirginDefiler
3 hours ago, MillionX said:

^there was 1 episode of X-play I remember where you could see right up Morgan's skirt a couple of times (white panties).  Yep, I made sure to record it, complete with back-up recordings as well (since this was back in the days of cable networks re-running episodes of shows several times over).  On that note there was also an infamous "Halo 3" episode of "Cheat" where Kristin Holt had a ridiculously short skirt on... like it was just barely below her cheeks and flared...unfortunately she managed to never actually show a money shot though...no panties or cheeks visible but damn that visual was still niiiiice.  If she were facing away from you, just her leaning over slightly would show off some cheeks.  I still got that recorded as well; I most likely still have the old tapes.  That's how I rolled in the ol VHS and DVD-recorder days....

*The brass pens looked pretty cool; I'd get those just as a collectible.

most i remember about x-play is this one particular ep cuz it was one of the most rofl moments in net history.

i miss that games were more innovative n exciting in trying new things out even if it didnt work out well.

4 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I carry this pen with me.  I clip it to my pocket cause I dont like it loose in my pocket.

WoIYAgA.jpg

What a loser. I like my rocket flying in my pocket! Wait, are we still discussing pens?

4 hours ago, Jurassic said:

If anyone likes to draw, brush pens are fun to work with but it takes a bit to get used to.

Been using brush pens for years. Very good. As I type this, I am taking a break from practicing Katakana using a brush pen. Love it.

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Hey, didn't Jackie Chan filmed a scene on that last building?

Did that motherfucker do body weight dips at that height? I hope he falls all the way and then is miraculously saved by God in the moments before impact and he is teleported back up to the top to safety so that he learns his lesson. May Allah aggressively protect him. 😤

I'm still late to the game on reddit so it's almost all new to me... just now saw one called "publicfreakout" which is what you could expect...I'm sure that a couple of years ago it was dominated by "Karens" clips that were the latest thing, but now the mods there are having to put in some big work since there's tons of videos of the constant store looting and robberies... that tend to of course show off a certain demographic that we're supposed to pretend we aren't seeing "overepresenting"  about 99% of the damn time in these clips.  Whatever the case, it's at least interesting to watch the continued decline of this pathetic, embarrassing excuse for society.

...more things I'd love to get into a time machine and tell people of the 70s, 80s or even the 90s (also the era of a President getting head from an intern in the oval office and sploogin' on her dress) about... like we have some politicians apparently showing up in shorts and a hoodie... and at least 1 senator (Rhode Island) that was proudly on video twerkin' upside down for votes...while some people apparently have trouble defining what a "woman" is now, and some think it's perfectly sensible for a dude that's an athlete to decide he's a "woman" and then be allowed to seriously compete in the women's side of whatever sport he's into.  There's so much wild shit there would be to tell as a time-traveler to the past (while struggling to keep a straight face) that you wouldn't even know where to begin.... no way the person of the past would believe even 10% of what you'd have to tell them about the future....they'd think you're either insane or you must be joking.

Just now, MillionX said:

haha this woman who shot at a customer straight up lied claiming she didn't fire the gun... in the clip you can clearly see the muzzle flash and a shell casing pop up

"Former Jack in the Box Worker Who Shot at Customer Says There's More to the Story"

The missing input:

"Your Honor, you weren't even there. Stop being a poser."

GOP Debate Round 2: All Beat Up on Vivek Ramaswamy During Shout-Fest  🥊

The moderator jumped in and asked the candidates to stop speaking over each other. Ramaswamy then continued, “I agree with Ron DeSantis on China when every other CEO expanded into the Chinese market. You know what I did with my first company? We opened a subsidiary in China. But you know what I did that was different than every other company. We got the hell out of there.”

“Yeah, right before you ran for president,” jabbed Nikki Haley to loud applause.

Ramaswamy and Scott then continued to battle until the moderators regained control and asked former Vice President Mike Pence about immigration.

Pence answered the question by taking one more jab at Ramaswamy, saying, “Well, first, let me say I’m glad I’m glad Vivek pulled out of his business deal in 2018 in China. That must have been about the time you decided to start voting in presidential elections. So we’re nice to have you participating in elections.

Spoiler

Edited by AriesWarlock