Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Giuliani is such a clown. He has refused to cooperate in his bankruptcy, revealing nothing about his finances, trying to circumvent his defamation lawsuit and pissing off everyone.

Since then, Giuliani has missed deadlines to file financial disclosure reports. He hasn’t succeeded in selling residences in New York and Florida. Last week, he was suspended from WABC Radio, where he had a daily show, over what the station called his repeated violation of a ban on discussing discredited 2020 election claims.

“They have done nothing. They sold nothing. They settled nothing,” said Rachel Strickland, an attorney representing the election workers. She accused Giuliani of getting fired on purpose by “deliberately flouting his employer’s restrictions.”

“I agree with you,” U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Sean Lane responded. “And I am disturbed about the status of this case.”

https://vinnews.com/2024/05/15/giuliani-bankruptcy-judge-frustrated-with-case-rebuffs-attempt-to-challenge-148-million-judgment/

All the while trying to sell coffee with his face on it:

I should have known there wouldn't be a "real" answer to why Claudia was re-cast for season 2... just "a variety of reasons"....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/why-claudia-was-recast-for-interview-with-the-vampire-season-2/ar-BB1mlBgK?ocid=BingNewsSerp

It's all just generic corporate PR-speak.  They did get another girl that looks very similar at least....but yeah season 2 premiered last Sunday night on AMC.

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2024 at 9:03 AM, VirginDefiler said:

im dyin for a AOC vs MTG mma match. 

LOOOL was just gonna say that. AOC to the Dems is the same as MTG to the Reps. Oh yeah, every time I see "MTG" 1st thing that pops into my mind is Magic The Gathering until I keep reading then oh yeah you mean Majorie lol.

They got that misfits youtuber/gamer/content creator boxing thing going on so that would be better than Mike Tyson/Jake Paul (wish Mike beats Paul though).

EDIT:

That should have been a KO in round 9 or at least a TKO. Fury was out on his feet wobbling like in Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat

Edited by Jion_Wansu
Posted (edited)

That thing about "planet Serpo" is fascinating if true...I've been checking for more vids about it 

imagine how cool an ongoing series based on this could be....the story source material here is gold.

**Even if it means you probably won't ever return....yeah I'd be one of those willing to sign up for such a program, based entirely on scientific curiosity... imagine being able to see their homeworld for yourself, and ask them whatever questions you have....getting to see what an alien race's society is like in person, what kinds of entertainment they have invented, their social norms, and all that, etc. etc.

Edited by MillionX

Fellow dads, question for you:

Training wheels,  yes or no? 

Got my daughter a bike for her 4th birthday and it comes with training wheels,  but I haven't put them on yet.  Kinda want to teach her without them,  but that may reduce the amount of fun for her at first even though it will teach her to balance sooner in the long run.  

56 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Got my daughter a bike for her 4th birthday and it comes with training wheels,  but I haven't put them on yet.  Kinda want to teach her without them,  but that may reduce the amount of fun for her at first even though it will teach her to balance sooner in the long run.  

They would help give her the confidence to sit on the bike and figure out how it works without the worry of falling. 

Otherwise they aren't that important. 

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Definitely training wheels.  The amount of hovering you'd have to do to make sure she doesn't bounce her head off the pavement without training wheels at 4 just isn't worth shortening the learning curve over.

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

I got my first bike around the same age and used training wheels for awhile.  I used them until they started to be an inhibitor so I asked my dad  to take them off. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Let' be real. Starbucks got rediculous with their prices since at least 2004. That's 20 years ago. Looks like consumers became woke and realized that they're way overpriced!!!

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Where is this fight happening?  Friends want to know...

Boxing?

EDIT:

See this post from this video?

US economy is dead. Homeless educated people rising in all major cities.

A lot of homeless people and poor people are college/university educated:

EDIT: again:

Seems like this movie from 2011 is becoming truer as time goes on:

Edited by Jion_Wansu

So....the 2nd episode of Interview with the Vampire kicked things up with the violence and killing. The victim was on stage during a live play so the audience just assumed it was all part of the show (since up to that point their show/performance was already dark and weird, leaning into horror)....it was a cool scene... also it was funny that at the end of it as the audience applauded and the actors stepped forward you could see them activate a trap door so the dead body drops away while hidden by the actors standing in front of it.

Currently, I think this is the only serious show that's on right now to provide us some regular vampire content. (the only serious one at least---I don't know if "What We Do in the Shadows" is still going or not, but silly goofy vampire shows/movies just aren't my thing....I tried watching that show one time but...nah.  Same deal with that damn Renfield movie; I'm probably the only one that was NOT caught up in the Nic Cage hype like that was some awesome thing... the movie just looked like some "haha lol!" silly meme ass nonsense which is the opposite of what I'm looking for in supernatural horror.)

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Now you have me thinking about my dad getting a bike that was slightly to big for me, putting it me on it, and pushing downhill sans training wheels. Suffice it to say, I learned how to ride bike in like 15 minutes. Shit wouldn't be allowed today I guess. 1984 was different. 4 Year Old Darc, no training wheels. Darc's 2 year old younger brother training wheels. The crazy thing is, he crashed his bike all the time. One time a rock jammed his left training wheel and he went careeening into a barbwire fence. I still don't know how he managed that one. Hmm....now I'm realizing why I'm a worry wort.  Looking out for my younger brother was stressful as hell. He was always having some sort of accident. Now I'm always concerned about others. Which is why I'm STILL really worried about @Daemos😔

Side note: I was slightly annoyed by this at the time, knowing what I know now it makes sense. My dad learned very quickly through observation. Taught himself how to cook, swim, etc. So he just assumed I could do the same. 🙂

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 5/19/2024 at 12:31 AM, DangerousJ said:

What do you guys think is the best animated Batman movie?

There are a lot of good ones. Maybe it's nostalgia, but Mark of the Phantasm. The parallels between the Batman and Phantasm's reaction to similar family trauma only added to the character after the identity reveal. I heard they introduced Phantasm in the comics. How did that go? It worked out well for Harley Quinn.

Mask of the Phantasm was one of the last 4k things I got from Best Buy....or it may have been Target.  One difference, btw---Target actually still has a few blu-rays and dvds in their stores even now (though they've cut that section down to almost nothing), unlike Best Buy just completely giving up on physical media.

Mask of the Phantasm also had one of my favorite movie soundtracks of all time.

Movie soundtracks---- some others that are Legend status for me:

Prince of Egypt (various)

Gladiator (Hans Zimmer)

Scream (Marco Beltrami)

Batman 1989 Danny Elfman

Gladiator was often my personal theme music for Quake 3 and various other games back then....especially "The Battle"

22 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Not a dad, but an uncle who helped teach my nephews how to ride.
I say yes, like RSG3 said it helps on giving confidence on how to ride, learn how the bike works, etc.

You can progressively remove 1 and then the other as she becomes more accustomed on how to ride the bike

On 5/16/2024 at 3:09 AM, DangerousJ said:

@Shakunetsu

Transformers' Greatest Moments:

Why was G1 so good?

They possessed...   PINOY POWER!

These are many of the Storyboard Artists/ background designers of G1.

Not pictured is Danny Bulanadi  who worked on the G1 cartoon AND inked a few issues of the Marvel Comic, making one of the only people to work on both.

800px-1986TransformersCrew.jpg

Thanks for the insight man