Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

25 minutes ago, Lantis said:

TBH I watched that movie once and now can't remember anything about it (which should tell you how memorable that POS was LOL)

I've seen it twice. Once in the theatre and few years back on streaming. My opinion rremained the same. The beginning was really good and it just fell off hard in the latter half. i don't know I've ever seen a movie crash and burn that badly in the film. I've seen sequels do it. I went from hoping for a new franchise to "Nah, I'm good"

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I've seen it twice. Once in the theatre and few years back on streaming. My opinion rremained the same. The beginning was really good and it just fell off hard in the latter half. i don't know I've ever seen a movie crash and burn that badly in the film. I've seen sequels do it. I went from hoping for a new franchise to "Nah, I'm good"

I feel the same way about it as I do Hancock. Solid first half, complete mess in the second half. 

I would really be down for Mamoa getting another shot at the Conan title, but I also really wanted that Conan the Conquerer with Arnold they where talkin about a few years ago. 

Never get cool stuff lol. 

Edited by RSG3
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

John Malkovich is also going to be in the FF movie but his role is unknown

I’m wanting him to be in some random ass role. Have him be the F4’s robot assistant Herbie. That’d be peak. But he will likely end up being Reeds dad, Nathaniel. 

Edited by iStu X

So me and my coworker have deduced that my captain is in fact a real life narcissist. He legitimately thinks he cooks better than Gordan Ramsey despite making ppl sick and having ppl constantly refuse his food. And when enough ppl tell him to stop, he will say everybody else has an "unrefined pallete". His words btw

He will also actively sabotage you if he thinks you're a better cook than him. Like, if he thinks every enjoys your food, he will either throw it away way before it expires (but still leave his own stuff in the fridge) or will take your days old leftovers to create a "new" dish out of seemingly spite. Lmao

Posted (edited)

As nasty as all his dishes are, atleast the food was fresh. B is the worst offender cuz although it looks passable, it consists of pork chops that were atleast a week old by then with with some old previously cooked vegetables 

He takes old leftovers others have cooked and pretends he did something. Not only is he taking massive shortcuts to try and trick you into eatin, he's doing it in a gross way that could make people sick

Edited by HD-Man
Posted (edited)

I thought you were exaggerating, but yeesh. All that shit looks like it was made with hate in his heart that even has to fire up a stove. So crazy he wants you all to eat it.

EDIT: I didn't notice it at first, but I'm dying now looking at the marker labels on the crock pot in the last pic. When paired with the witch brew in the pot, it's like even basic things involved in cooking want nothing to do with this man.

Edited by axeman61
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

"decolonized breakfast"

I love how clueless people in that thread are to the fact their packages are thrown, dropped, bumped, and jostled almost the entire time from they time they leave the shipper's hands to the time they arrive, which is why you pack them with bubble wrap, packing peanuts, etc.

Also, FedEx drivers are paid by the package, or they were when I worked there. So if that guy wastes time setting them all down nicely, he's losing time and money. Dana White should stick to whatever it is he does at his company where humans treat each other worse than the driver treated those packages and stop telling other people how to do their jobs.

Edited by DoctaMario
Posted (edited)

While I agree, FedEx Drivers aren't allowed to toss packages into the back of the truck, that's an actual company policy no no. Neither are UPS Drivers. They don't get to throw your packages at your door either. While they are on a timer, they aren't supposed to destroy the stuff they are delivering to make that time. Bubble Wrap and Packing Paper only go so far and only do so much. 

With that said Dana Whites a douchebag. 

Edited by RSG3
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

While I agree, FedEx Drivers aren't allowed to toss packages into the back of the truck, that's an actual company policy no no. Neither are UPS Drivers. They don't get to throw your packages at your door either. While they are on a timer, they aren't supposed to destroy the stuff they are delivering to make that time. Bubble Wrap and Packing Paper only go so far and only do so much. 

With that said Dana Whites a douchebag. 

If something is packed properly, depending on what it is anyway, tossing it isn't going to break it. When I worked there, we'd get computers coming down the belt and we'd handle them carefully. But they were also packed properly.

I agree, they're not supposed to abuse the packages, but the way he was tossing them is something that happens pretty often with packages. People are just dumb to get that uppity about a guy doing something nobody gave a second thought about until they saw this video. 

Edited by DoctaMario
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

If something is packed properly, depending on what it is anyway, tossing it isn't going to break it.

As someone who worked in packing specifically for UPS and FedEx your statement is 200% bullshit, just so you know. Well packed stuff breaks all the time. Good packing only goes so far and good handling is the other half of the safe shipping. 

Also the amount of videos online of people being pissed off the delivery guy threw their package at their door and got caught on Ring Camera also disproves the statement that no one cared or has cared. People care and have card for a really long time. 

And again Fuck Dana White. Dudes a douchebag. Every douchebag like him has a video camera in their pocket these days and perception is everything. 

Edited by RSG3
44 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

As someone who worked in packing specifically for UPS and FedEx your statement is 200% bullshit, just so you know. Well packed stuff breaks all the time. Good packing only goes so far and good handling is the other half of the safe shipping. 

Also the amount of videos online of people being pissed off the delivery guy threw their package at their door and got caught on Ring Camera also disproves the statement that no one cared or has cared. People care and have card for a really long time. 

And again Fuck Dana White. Dudes a douchebag. Every douchebag like him has a video camera in their pocket these days and perception is everything. 

It depends on what's being shipped obviously, but most things get to their destination in one piece despite being subjected to a lot of aforementioned throwing, dropping, and jostling. And the way the guy was tossing those packages was pretty light, it wasn't like he was whipping them into the truck. What that guy was doing should t have gotten him fired. But you're right that perception is everything; for all we know, there could have been a pile of boxes in the truck too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

What that guy was doing should t have gotten him fired.

Yea I agree, unless it's a pattern of behaivor with him, which neither of us could possibly know, otherwise yea no reason to lose your job over that. 

14 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I'm randomly finding it SO funny that everyone's two-stepping to a song calling Drake a pedophile.

That's an impossible thought two weeks ago. Now here we are. Life can be grand.

They clowning Drake in hometown fam. They two stepping outside of the restaurant ordering the Kendrick Lamar Special 🤣

I don't know. Unless there's ironclad evidence in the near future, this will probably just go down as one of Drake's Ls. Same as when he lost to Pusha T. Yeah, it's bad, but it won't really affect his bottom line outside a month (or whenever "Not Like Us" gets stale/overplayed).

On 5/5/2024 at 10:26 PM, MillionX said:

sheeeeittt... present-day Millie Bobby Brown? Yeah I'd pounce that.  

Sadie Sink is another good one of the "new crop". (*She is currently 22 so feel free to have all kinds of nasty thoughts about that one as well; it's fine.)

Same as Carpenter (her songs come on in the car radio) and so forth.

On 5/6/2024 at 7:58 AM, MillionX said:

^I'll always love that old style of music....also that classy style of how women looked back in the 1920s - 1930s.

^*annnnd now I went down that rabbit hole on youtube of course:

^Ear-delicious.

*another silly thing about the "man or bear?" topic----I don't think it was even specified that it's definitely a situation of either one being violent with you.... and so far I didn't see any of them bring up the likely chance that the random dude they encounter in the scenario could be helpful in surviving and finding their way out of there....ha, they just automatically assume the man is definitely going to be some vicious "Elliot Rodger" or "Ted Bundy" monster....like there's a slim chance he could be neutral or even helpful in the situation.

The frequency of interaction is another thing--- we interact with other humans on a daily basis all throughout life....most of us will preferably go through our entire life with zero "in-person" interactions with a bear or any other dangerous large animal.

yeah seems like the 1920s, 1930s, and 1940s were freer than the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s. '20s - '40s made those other decades look like the 1700s or 1800s or something.

Everyone was freer and for the most part happier and stuff. Also, seems like some modern fashion was inspired by back then like this so called "time traveller" with the cool shades:

Tell me that that one guy in shades is not from the 1940s:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_travel_claims_and_urban_legends#/media/File:Time_travelling_cool_dude.png

A crowd gathers for the re-opening of the South Fork Bridge, Gold Bridge B.C. in 1941. One man appears oddly out of place

Time_travelling_cool_dude.png

Then there's this:

John Titor

Main article: John Titor

Between 2000 and 2001, an online bulletin board user self-identified as John Titor became popular as he claimed to be a time traveler from 2036 on a military mission. Holding the many-worlds interpretation as correct and consequently every time travel paradox as impossible, he stated that many events which occurred up to his time would indeed occur in this timeline. These included a devastating civil war in the US in 2008 followed by a short nuclear World War III in 2015,[19] which will "kill three billion people".[20]

In the years following his last posts and disappearance in 2001, the non-fulfilment of his specific predictions made his popularity decrease. Criticism has pointed out flaws in Titor's stories and investigations suggested his character may be a hoax and a creation of two siblings from Florida.[21]

The story has been retold on numerous web sites, in a book, in the Japanese visual novel/anime Steins;Gate, and in a play. He may also have been discussed occasionally on the radio show Coast to Coast AM.[22] In this respect, the Titor story may be unique in terms of broad appeal from an originally limited medium, an Internet discussion board.

Well, the John Titor case could be that he came from a different timeline than ours. Meaning that the events will happen like World War III in our timeline just not at the same time as John's timeline. This is basically Mortal Kombat 1 or should I say Mortal 1 Kombat take on multiple timelines and multiple universes. NRS/WB basically made every singe game, book, cartoon, TV show, and movie canon by claiming this multiple timeline stuff. So, yes, Mortal Kombat: Conquest from 1998/1999 is canon along with  MK VS DC Universe.

On 5/6/2024 at 10:23 PM, RSG3 said:

Cool, no one else cares and majority of this beef is public court of opinion. Most don't care about the destiction. Under 18 makes you a predator to most. 

Some say depending on age anyone under 21 or 25 as well.

On 5/7/2024 at 4:14 AM, VirginDefiler said:

"honey its not sexual harassment, i'm just tryin to save yo life from cancer baby"

Rubbing Hands Disagree GIF

So does that mean women should suck on...

for cancer prevention...

On 5/7/2024 at 12:48 PM, TheInfernoman said:

So the question now is what IS appropriate when it comes to age gaps? Our brains aren't fully matured even at 18 and if consent in some states is 16, but still weird why aren't we changing them to be consistent across the board? 

Either way Drake is weird. 

They say that anyone under 25 is pretty much a child brain wise and maturity wise. Which brings me to this. Should the voting age be higher than 18 years old? What about driving age???

On 5/8/2024 at 7:21 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

You are on the literal version of....

Hells_Kitchen_title.png

LOOOL, or Kitchen Nightmares. Chef Ramsey goes ape shit on everyone like a Marine drill instructor (if you ever seen Full Metal Jacket).

LOOOOOOL, even Dr. Phil had them on due to Kitchen Nightmares:

On 5/8/2024 at 6:06 PM, Chadouken said:

Anybody ever had to get their pipes checked? I'm gonna go visit the ass doctor. Might try to keister a Lego figure for shits and giggles. That'll fucking show him 😤

Oh yeah, don't know this yet but soon everyone has to get their colons and prostates checked

On 5/10/2024 at 7:55 AM, AriesWarlock said:

Wishful thinking but would be nice if WB and Hasbro copyright striked these down and made a good live action Dragonlance movie

12 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

"decolonized breakfast"

Millionaires and Billionaires aint got shit better to do than to be Karens???

Oh yeah:

Didn't know that Lisa from Lido is only 1 year younger than me. Damn, time flies by fast this episode was from 15 years ago. Lisa didn't look like she aged that much since the episode. Didn't seem that long ago:

So yeah, it seems like the high tech and everything is slowing down. Living now is similar to living 15 years ago whereas living in 1980 is way different than living in 1995 (15 years).

So wait. California can do it but not America?

https://apnews.com/article/california-budget-deficit-gov-gavin-newsom-8f502d57d00d551c0b6b6331367f7a25