Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

On 3/18/2022 at 7:43 AM, Skort said:
  • Juri can do st.hp into ex ryo is pretty good change since she can follow it up with multiple things, making her shimmy game stronger ( this is the best change she got so far from the preview ). 
  • I don't see what her new  st.mp into cr.mk will accomplish though.Juri can already do st.mp into st.mk into m.fuha or .mdp that gives her oki after. I mean why chose to do st.mp x cr.mk x h.fuha  or ex.fuha when its gonna do lower damage and require meter /store ? 
  • VT 2 forces the opponent to stand from a juggle state making  it possible for Juri to continue with more attacks, but  no Juri will be using VT 2 regardless. I have not used VT 2 in a single ranked match since it was implemented in the game.

On the surface, the st.mp > cr.mk buff looks underwhelming.  It depends on whether it means  st.mp is +6 on hit or cr.mk is  5f start up.  If it means st.mp is +6 (which means +8 on counter hit), I'll take it.  More combo routes open up.(especially on counter hit).    

Counter hit st.mp > st.hp would work

Counter hit st.mp > b+hk would work on standing opponents ( I think)

Counter hit st.mp > cr.hk would work

st.mp > cr.mp would be a natural combo (the usefulness of this depends on range and what stores you have)

Also if st.hp into ex ryo means that st.hp is +5 on hit  (+7 counter hit) :

st.hp > st.mk or st.mp or target combo, would be a natural combo

Plus, sometimes, Juri's combo routes live and die within the range of close-st.mk.

Sometimes I like to use st.lk as a meaty on people who mash jab on wakeup since st.lk has more active frames.  st.lk pushes Juri out so you can't follow with st.mp > close-st.mk xx fuha.  You have to be good at confirming into target combo to get anything substantial, and if you mess up, you're -12 just for a counter hit BnB.  With the buff you can do: st.lk > st.mp > cr.mp/mk xx special.   

Again, the buff could just be cr.mk 5f startup and faster ex ryo, then yeah, pretty meh.

Jumped back into the ranked the other day for the first time since (I checked) 2017. Was planning on doing so around the SF6 reveal to see how far I could get.

And wow, this is an entirely different thing than casual. Everyone is super aggressive, as if the go-to strategy is to overwhelm and secure the win as quickly as possible so they don't have to adapt to a playstyle or something. Just the most random BS all over the place, even from basic characters like Ryu. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but it feels really dumb to play. Might possibly change after a certain rank threshold but here in Super Platinum it's just Yolotopia so far.

Also fuck tierlists. What do you do against Gill? I think I have a 0% winquote against tat guy.

15 minutes ago, delete_me said:

Everyone is super aggressive, as if the go-to strategy is to overwhelm and secure the win as quickly as possible so they don't have to adapt to a playstyle or something.

This is why I find ranked pointless. Until you reach a certain point, you basically have to play characters that require more knowledge checks than the other. I usually play chun at offline stuff, but online I always play Cammy or Balrog.

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

Jumped back into the ranked the other day for the first time since (I checked) 2017. Was planning on doing so around the SF6 reveal to see how far I could get.

And wow, this is an entirely different thing than casual. Everyone is super aggressive, as if the go-to strategy is to overwhelm and secure the win as quickly as possible so they don't have to adapt to a playstyle or something. Just the most random BS all over the place, even from basic characters like Ryu. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but it feels really dumb to play. Might possibly change after a certain rank threshold but here in Super Platinum it's just Yolotopia so far.

Also fuck tierlists. What do you do against Gill? I think I have a 0% winquote against tat guy.

Yeah, ranked is wild.  Cody eats Gill for breakfast so I've never had a problem with the matchup - it's probably his easiest in the game.   That said, you have to be patient and get him to the corner where he definitely suffers.  Just never jump at him, he will absolutely delete your health bar if he lands cr.HP.  

Edited by HeavensCloud

I actually barely jump at all, one of the few good things about Rose is that she teaches you to stay firmly on the ground.

I think my Gill problem comes down to me getting hit way too often by random (EX) Lariats (which I think are unpunishable if spaced correctly?) and Rose's zoning being fundamentally useless against him because he can just use whatever you throw at him to charge his Trigger by parrying or go over/through fireballs with Knee Drop and EX Lariat.

And of course matchup inexperience because I run into him like once ever two weeks so it's not like I can reliably practise against him.

Edited by delete_me
2 hours ago, delete_me said:

I actually barely jump at all, one of the few good things about Rose is that she teaches you to stay firmly on the ground.

I think my Gill problem comes down to me getting hit way too often by random (EX) Lariats (which I think are unpunishable if spaced correctly?) and Rose's zoning being fundamentally useless against him because he can just use whatever you throw at him to charge his Trigger by parrying or go over/through fireballs with Knee Drop and EX Lariat.

And of course matchup inexperience because I run into him like once ever two weeks so it's not like I can reliably practise against him.

I have no idea about the Rose/Gill matchup but you definitely shouldn't be letting him get away with lariats on block.  Unless he's covering them with a fireball, all his lariat's are hella punishable, you should be able to get a heavy punish off his ex.  

Edited by HeavensCloud
17 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Who did they pick?

Waifus obviously, lol. 

They are surprised that my sister only plays with waifus as well 😂😂

Jokes aside. 

Rhe 10yo is trying withAyane and Alpha 152.

The younger one with Tina an Helena since are the ones my sister uses. 

On 3/19/2022 at 12:33 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

Hopefully the current SF team handles things different with 6 but they did the same thing with 4 too. Threw a bunch of wacky shit in at the end. Not sure why Capcom does this. I could see them waiting 2 or 3 years to go nuts but 6!? Really!?

Looks like something of a new norm now for FGs that likely to spawn sequels, 

while the next game would had less entry level barrier for noobs to adapt fast in the game in order that they won't compete to each other or won't share noob playerbase

26 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

ArcRevo announcements:

DNF Duel coming on June 28 2022

Season 2 for Strive announced

Crossplay between PS and PC Strive confirmed!

and as DragonFave beat me too, Testament is the final character for season 1.

DNF Duel coming out a month before EVO and not being in the lineup is one of the weirdest decisions ever.  Not sure who's at fault but that seems like a major oversight.

6 minutes ago, Volt said:

Japanese voice straight up sounds like a female voice. That's going to be weird to get used to.

Is what i am talking about, I only watched the Japanese trailer because my brother was watching it, dunno if he also has a female voicing him on the english version.

Also, now idiots are saying that he is trans/non binary on the comment section, smfh

People are really stupid, but this is the crowd that asw is going for now, not those who play the game, but those who push their headcanon on everything they don't consume outside of social media.

3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Is what i am talking about, I only watched the Japanese trailer because my brother was watching it, dunno if he also has a female voicing him on the english version.

Also, now idiots are saying that he is trans/non binary on the comment section, smfh

People are really stupid, but this is the crowd that asw is going for now, not those who play the game, but those who push their headcanon on everything they don't consume outside of social media.

He still has a masculine voice in English. 

1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

It seems that is only on the english version, every other language refers to him as he.

Man, people just can't let you jerk off to hentai of questionable looking characters while you question your sexuality in peace.

Gotta add extra layers to it as opposed to leave you alone in your shame.

SMH with these people.

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

Or it could be a case of the localization team going into business for itself. That's been an ongoing problem with localization in games and anime for years. 

Bro, I'm deadass tired of this shit.

It's not just gender, a lot of games had their writing flat out butchered because some asshole wanted to get flowery but forgot they ain't a writer for a reason.

That always, always have one very obvious and predictable outcome. It pisses people off because now the canon is all inconsistent and people get in their feelings when the game/anime they played first/as kids don't have the right info.

Just a moronic decision and you can't bet ArcSys can't check them on it now because they'll get canceled "for being transphobic".

3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Or it could be a case of the localization team going into business for itself. That's been an ongoing problem with localization in games and anime for years. 

I wouldn't be surprised that is the case, since it has been an ongoing problem in both anime and games, where the localization injects stuff that wasn't there and then it causes problems for the companies.

The fact that is only on the english version of the site makes it seem like it could be the case.

Now, if they correct it, the idiots on twatter will start cancelling ASW

1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

The fact that is only on the english version of the site makes it seem like it could be the case.

Now, if they correct it, the idiots on twatter will start cancelling ASW

As somebody who has zero issues with ambiguous characters or gay ones....they really gotta fuck off doing that to stuff. I don't want them to mess with the lore of stuff.

4 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Yeah, because the other languages, like japanese refer to Testament as he.

I suspect that is the english team pushing for this shit because is convenient and topical.

This is the same team that made sure that Ramlethal had a black VA when her last one wouldn’t return even though she isn’t even human. Suppose this means when Bridget gets brought back, the English version will have it that he’s non-binary now.

3 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

This is the same team that made sure that Ramlethal had a black VA when her last one wouldn’t return even though she isn’t even human. Suppose this means when Bridget gets brought back, the English version will have it that he’s non-binary now.

If they did that to Bridget then it will show how much they don't give a fuck about his character as he had gender dysphoria forced upon him and his whole character resolves around proving himself as a man.