Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

11 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm not gonna judge personally on what dude wants to cosplay as  (or the various things that are on the side describing him) cause that's neither here nor there for this.  Even if he wasn't a gay furry his comment was dumb AF period.  I don't know how you anyone could even say something like that while mentioning the black characters that have been in Tekken prior while not even considering that they could be in the game later as DLC.  It just doesn't make any sense.  Dude clearly likes Eddy and that's all well and good but calling the Director for the game racist cause your favorite character isn't in the current iteration of the game when they were in the previous one is wild assertion to make with no basis at all to stand on.  It's on the same level as saying the director of SF is racist because Balrog isn't in SF6 while blatantly ignoring Kimberly.

He had some other tweets in the thread where it seems like he's either trolling or pretty mentally ill.

13 minutes ago, Camacho said:

Had several crashes and bad stuttering, particularly when I upgraded to the 6700xt from a 1070. Crashes coupled with the way the game saves were god awful- I worked around it by copying the hidden save files frequently.  

Ive never had those issues with that game.  Were you playing it with like max settings on some wonky resolutions higher than 1080p with like ray tracing and shit on trying to hit 120fps?

spacer.png

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
to insert my silly gif

Over on the Twitch website, the company says that, as of yesterday, it’ll be cracking down on any ‘implied nudity.’ As the post itself says:

This update is in response to a recent meta on Twitch in which streamers use black censor bars or other items to block their bodies or clothing, or position the camera frame such that the viewer is led to believe that the streamer is fully or partially nude.

As of January 3, streamers will be required to make sure there is no suggestion that they may be hiding obvious nudity. The update specifies that, where required, “coverage must be fully opaque,” adding that “sheer or partially see-through clothing does not constitute coverage.”

Adults only…kind of

Given that Twitch is largely a place where people go to watch content creators play games or engage in creative activities, it stands to reason that sexual or adult content would not be encouraged.

However, the site recently updated another policy, which introduced a new label for streams classed as having “sexual content.” This means content such as “erotic dances” and “fictionalized” nudity are allowed, providing they are correctly labeled. Full nudity…still a massive no-no, however. Also, streams of this nature are not present on the homepage.

As for the update to the attire policy, Twitch has made it clear that it does not want streamers to be presenting themselves with “implied nudity.” The post states that such content will have its label changed to a more appropriate one, while repeat offenses will “lead to an enforcement action.”

Edited by AriesWarlock
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

@Chadoukenyou played Star Wars Squadrons right? What was your impression of it? Same question to anyone else. It’s $2 on PSN right now. So I figured it’s worth it for that. Still want opinions though. 

I did play Squadrons! I liked it, but I was hoping it was more like Rogue Squadron on GCN, but it wasn't. Locked to a cockpit view instead of third person. I actually liked the Starfighter mode in BFII better. But for $2 I'd get it. 

MAAAAAAAAANNN....

This is incredibly frustrating to see Harada having to respond and fend off this shit when it's clearly not like this at all.  Tekken is diverse AF since it has people from so many different countries that are even speaking their own languages in the more recent games.  I'm not even going to say that lack darker skinned characters in fighting games may or may not be an issue but TEKKEN....IS DEFINITELY NOT ONE OF THOSE GAMES. 

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Fuck me man....

Also in other horrible news...some truly unhappy news anchor decided she was going to dunk on a 13 year old for beating Tetris

This kid was apparently the first person to "beat" tetris on the NES by kill screening it.  I don't think this anchor realizing how fucking old Tetris on the NES is and how fucking boss it is that he's currently the 1st and ONLY person to have done this in *checks* 30 years.   That sounds pretty fucking amazing to me!

^Persona 3 Reload - Opening Movie

Cygames also put up 7 eps of the Granblue Fantasy anime for those interested

Ep 1

Ep 2

Ep 3

Ep 4

Ep 5

Ep 6

Ep 7

16 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I beat Spider-Man 2. Looking to start Jedi Survivor or Dadnarok DLC. Has anyone played Jedi recently? I'm wondering how the performance is now. 

I played Jedi Survivor on PS5 and it ran alright from what I remember. There were some issues here and there and some funny glitches, but I don't recall any major problems while playing. It felt similar to the first. 

Edited by JGreen

TFG.  I can understand why he'd feel inclined to respond because if you make a game that has been diverse and only becoming more so over the years then someone accuses you of being racist, you might be inclined in that split second to defend yourself/ask how sway?

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Harada has me considering buying Tekken 8 and yall know I hate Tekken.

Harada is a good dude, I know he is an executive now but he is a great ambassador for the franchise and Bandaid Namco as a whole.

Kind of wish Sega would pull a Nintendo and pay Bandai Namco to make a new Virtua Fighter. He seems a big fan and would love to see him cut loose on that franchise.

Playing FINAL FANTASY V Pixel Remaster, Maaaaaan, the ABP Boost is a godsend in this game. I mastered very few Job Classes in the PS and GBA version of FFV because you were lucky if you came across an enemy that gave you 5 ABP. Thanks to ABP Boost, I fight Black Flames and get 12 ABP every time. I was decent with 4 ABP I was getting in most fights but now I can get 12? That's what's good. And that arranged FFVPR soundtrack...

james franco sandwich GIF

VGM Fridays!  Never heard of Raystorm but that track you put up Reg is pretty incredible!  

Alright so time for some anniversaries from Dec for the first post.  Arguably the biggest game to have an anniversary this month is Smash Ult (5).  Doom (30), Megaman X (30), and Megaman 2 (35) all had milestones  Other games that were pretty noteworthy were 1080 Avalanche (20), Deus EX: Invisible War (20), Xevious (40), Starcraft: Brood War (25), and Phantasy Star IV (30).  I'm not familiar with most of those musically unfortunately except Brood War.

Spoiler

Smash Ult truly is busted when it comes to music.  I'm going to relegate myself to only picking 5 and they can only be newly made for Ult and without posting Lifelight

^ I had a very off putting reaction to this track when I first heard this and I think it was mostly due to Mitsuyoshi's lyrics weirding me TF out but recently with me playing F-Zero 99, I came to appreciate the melody his voice is making to hit the notes in the various tracks in the melodies.

Also going to note that my choices are in no way trying to say that these are the best tracks out of the OST.  I actually purposefully tried to pick some tracks that don't get as much notoriety but just going through this OST and picking 5 just reminds me of just how fucking nuts the music is for this game.  It's ALL a fever dream.  Jun Senoue doing Megaman music, ACE doing Persona music,  Yoko Shimomura doing music for not only Fatal Fury but also Tekken,  Yuzo Koshiro doing music for FF7 and Street Fighter, Tomoya Ohtani doing music for Splatoon, Hideki Kobayashi doing music for Zelda, Masami Ueda doing Metal Gear...it just goes on an on and this is on top of them just now starting to pull some of the western composers to do remixes with Toby Fox and Grant Kirkhope in DLC.  If The manage to drag Tee Lopes into doing tracks in the next Smash I'm probably gonna lose it.  Sorry...I'm done gushing about this but it's just a game and a OST that I could never fathom to happened 25 years ago and it's still amazing me to this day.

R.I.P. PirateCrab

On 1/4/2024 at 12:33 PM, Faltimar the Dark said:

Ive never had those issues with that game.  Were you playing it with like max settings on some wonky resolutions higher than 1080p with like ray tracing and shit on trying to hit 120fps?

spacer.png

Was running 1080p on recommended settings (tried lowering settings as well), no ray tracing. It ran fast when it wasn't stuttering. I was running it off of a conventional HD, so that probably didn't help, but I also read that other AMD CPU/GPU users had issues with stuttering. 

I was reading that shit about Hard Drive and it seems all the people that worked there had already left of their own accord before the patreon shit got started.

Im sick of people in the game industry always crying and complaining on the internet when they lose their job.  They should already know going into this field that the turnover rate is horrible.  These fuckin' people didnt get laid off or fired they quit. 

On 1/5/2024 at 7:32 PM, RegH81 said:

Playing FINAL FANTASY V Pixel Remaster, Maaaaaan, the ABP Boost is a godsend in this game. I mastered very few Job Classes in the PS and GBA version of FFV because you were lucky if you came across an enemy that gave you 5 ABP. Thanks to ABP Boost, I fight Black Flames and get 12 ABP every time. I was decent with 4 ABP I was getting in most fights but now I can get 12? That's what's good. And that arranged FFVPR soundtrack...

I am planning to play the pixel remasters this year. I have seen some mixed discussions about them but they sound like an improved experience over previous versions. Currently I am playing 8-bit Adventures 2, it has a great retro aesthetic with plenty of modern features in the battle system and character upgrades to make it fresh.

7 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Im sick of people in the game industry always crying and complaining on the internet when they lose their job.  They should already know going into this field that the turnover rate is horrible.  These fuckin' people didnt get laid off or fired they quit. 

Given the current state of video game marketing, there should be much less video game journalists. Almost none of them do interviews or visit game development studios anymore, so 90% of video game journalism is just reviews and speculation anyway.

Edited by Jurassic
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

I started FFXV (I know, I m super late to the party) and boy do I love everything about this game except the combat system. It’s ass. 

I played it at release and absolutely hated the combat, I thought the story and side quests completely sucked too but you'll get there. The boys are fun though and it's a shame they're wasted on such a shit game.

On 1/4/2024 at 7:38 PM, Sonichuman said:

This kid was apparently the first person to "beat" tetris on the NES by kill screening it.  I don't think this anchor realizing how fucking old Tetris on the NES is and how fucking boss it is that he's currently the 1st and ONLY person to have done this in *checks* 30 years.   That sounds pretty fucking amazing to me!

Yeah just saw the youtube video yesterday. It already has almost 8,000,000 views and it's only 7 days old!!!

Wonder if the arcade version of Tetris is similar to the NES version of Tetris.

Wonder if someone can truly beat Tetris though by going to level 255 then back to level 0

10 hours ago, Jion_Wansu said:

Yeah just saw the youtube video yesterday. It already has almost 8,000,000 views and it's only 7 days old!!!

Wonder if the arcade version of Tetris is similar to the NES version of Tetris.

Wonder if someone can truly beat Tetris though by going to level 255 then back to level 0

If you're talking about the Tengen version, no, they're two separate games. The Playchoice version is basically the NES version, although it may have a few tweaks to it to make it more of a coin cruncher but I couldnt say for sure.

As for it looping around, it wasn't programmed to do that. The levels they're reaching aren't even things that were legitimately programmed for the game to be able to do, which is why the game is crashing and the score isn't going up. People are truly pushing the limits of this game (the NTSC version anyway, apparently the PAL version can go to an even higher level before the killscreen hits)

Since this video, a few high level Nestris players have gotten the killscreen as well.

Edited by DoctaMario
3 hours ago, MillionX said:

Well, good to hear that Altar and Visions of Enmity will be permanent apparently in D3 though there's no more new stuff.... as some of us predicted, they'll simply rotate past season themes going forward:

You seem to be updated on D3. Do enemies still level up as you do? I remember before a pivotal update, you could breeze through an area you'd visited before.