Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Didn't think I'd actually see someone stanning for Kotaku in my feed over this situation

Apparently this is the original post that Hecatom was talking about earlier

This is....quite the double down at this point.   So I guess it's full on war for Kotaku against Nintendo because they fucked up.    Can't wait to hear the bullshit that's going to come out of their mouth for every Nintendo game that gets released thus far.   "Zelda isn't playable and because of that this game is sexist!!  If you play this game then you're chauvinstic pig!  1/10  Will never save Hyrule again!"

I can't believe I'm saying this, but despite his poor choice in movie roles, I would definitely pick The Miz over Karl Urban 11 out of 10 times (I believe it was rumored that he was also considered for the role?)

Then again, Johnny Cage is probably the least of my worries for a MK sequel if they want to remove the stench of the first movie

3 hours ago, Lantis said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but despite his poor choice in movie roles, I would definitely pick The Miz over Karl Urban 11 out of 10 times (I believe it was rumored that he was also considered for the role?)

Then again, Johnny Cage is probably the least of my worries for a MK sequel if they want to remove the stench of the first movie

Edited by Jion_Wansu

Apparently Auto Battle makes it SO EASY to farm for job points in FINAL FANTASY III Pixel Remaster. Just have everyone with a job class defend for 5 turns with Auto Battle on, win the fight and you'll get job levels up. Every. Single. Battle. I wish I knew this when I first started my game. As it is, I'm at end game now. I got the the Sage and Ninja classes last night and maxed those suckers out to level 99 as well as the Dragoon Class. Chisai, Zun-Zun, Luigi and Poyo are in the mid 60s for their levels but I plan to hang around the Forbidden Land and grind for more levels. I WILL take my revenge for the absolute VIOLATION I suffered from the Cloud of Darkness in the DS remake.

Art Design Disney GIF

15 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Yeah Kotaku, go to war with the company that has the continental on beck and call. You will win that one. 

They lack the funds or the clout to do anything but piss Nintendo off more.  They will regret this once the Nintendo Ninja legal team gets done reaming that ass!  😤 

Cat Want GIF

Edited by J-ride
22 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Good actor but miscast imo.

If Lawson wasn't in the previous film, he would have been an excellent Kano.

I love him as an actor, but he screams Kano (specially if he acted like Butcher) rather than JC.

My siblings and me are theorizing that perhaps, the idea would be that this JC is an actor on his twilight years trying to prove he still got what he needs for being an action star by wining the MK tournament.

Played through Vanquish for the first time since it was released on PC, still fun, albeit too easy unless you play "God Hard" mode, which is stupid hard. The game could use a notch up in the lower difficulties.

Also messed with some boss rush in Sekiro for the first time in several months- got a little rusty at it, not mowing through them all like I used to. That boss rush/boss select update was the perfect addition to the game- the only thing it's missing is miniboss selections.   

VGM FRIDAYS!!!  It is Cinco De Mayo!  So my first part will be centered on anniversaries from last month as well as a focus on Mariachi Entertainment System.  Anniversaries include Persona 5's US release (5th), LoZ: ALttP US release (30th), Double Dragon series (35th), Kirby series (30th), and Star Fox 64 (25th)

Spoiler

^ This should have be timestamped to Gangplank Galleon ft/ David Wise

^ love the fact that they make a reference to "She's A Bad Mama Jama"

Also going to put my regular random contribution here

^City Ruins - Shade

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Damn that boycott really did a number on that games sales 👀

And will surely do the same thing to the upcoming series.

Which btw, I am already expecting those pigs to go and attack the kids that will be casted and their families.

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Seems that way. 

Naw I read and responded to that wrong. I'd just woekn from a nap. I thought it was the Samus Returns double pack, not the Dread one, even tho I put Dread in the post anyway. 

So ultimately I misread and am now disappoint.