Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Never really got that far into BoW, but I've noticed a lot of Korok hate. The fuse system in ToK must be cathartic to BoW fans.

I don't know if there's really so much hate for the Koroks so much as "opportunity"  and "frustration venting".  Put those together and you get the situation with the baby penguin from SM64.  I can't speak for everyone but I don't hate the baby penguin in 64 but I know some had some frustrations bringing it down to the mountain...top that with game not stopping you from dropping it off the cliff aaaand there you go lol.  I don't hate Koroks but it can be an ordeal in this game to get the 2 Korok friends together...add that plus the combination of being able to stick that particular Korok onto anything and there you go.    Plus as wrong as it is, it's just funny putting these little things through the wringer.

There's a "backwards compatible" section sale on Xbox at the moment; I forgot that the Capcom Dungeons & Dragons game was on 360!  It was only 1 of them though (I think they made 2 D&D arcade games in the "beatemup" genre)  Also---The Darkness 1 and 2 are on sale for super cheap as well...only a few dollars each.  It's surprising I never got those at the time, as I liked that character and concept way back then (I only had a few of the comics though)....I looked up reviews yesterday to remind myself of how they looked in action:

ooh... "Evil West" is 38.99 right now as well... see this is one great thing about the modern era; the sales are crazy and they just don't ever stop....

Edited by MillionX
9 hours ago, iStu X said:

Their games barely sell at $40. 😂 what makes them think they can justify $70 

If devs seriously want to raise their games to $70 then the burden of proving those games are worth $70 is going to be on them.  Just slapping an increase on a game just because others are doing it is not going to fly especially with the way things are at the moment.  Video games have now become the highest grossing entertainment medium that has only continued to grow exponentially as the years have gone on so  while the costs of making games have gone up, the pool of people buying those games has also gone up with it.  I don't want to see any surpised pikachu faces on devs putting  just good or slightly above average games out, slapping $70 on it, and then being annoyed when less people are buying the game at that price when it first comes out.

2 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Dumb question:

Now that PS5 has SSD , would it be technically possible for Shang Tsung to morph into other characters without long loading during a match?

Not really a dumb question because it would be nice for him to have that ability atleast as a boss.  I don't think Shang will have the ability to be any fighter he wants at any point without some sort of drawback to balance since he essentially would be "Counterpick" the character.   If they were to do it though, the real question would be if Xbox can handle the data switching quick enough or not, if it can't then that's going to ruin parity regardless and it won't happen.  Even more so if there seriously is a Switch version of this game somewhere.

28 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Dumb question:

Now that PS5 has SSD , would it be technically possible for Shang Tsung to morph into other characters without long loading during a match?

He could easily morph into any character on the games that are developed now.  

All games now a days are "installed" so the games are on the disks, regardless of them being SSD.

Back in the day the issue was accessing/reading the data off of slow cd drives.  CDs also only held 650mb so they didn't have much room to duplicate data like they were able to do on bluray discs for quicker access on PS3.

That is no longer an issue.

Edited by purbeast
1 hour ago, Lantis said:

Yep, NRS is dumb as shit when it comes to naming the MK games and other media. I know about MK9, but that doesn't deter from the fact that the game is officially branded as simply "Mortal Kombat"

I've been calling it Mortal Kombat One: Part 3 for a reason man. It's ludicrous. Did some people from DC infiltrate Netherrealm? 

5 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Dumb question:

I think it will be possible on the PS5, high end PCs and maybe the Series X depeding on how is implemented. 

The problem are mid tier PCs and the Series S. 

Those alone ruin any chances of them trying to implement it, imo

Jedi Survivor is dope af. I'm still on the first planet (not the prologue planet). This game is absolutely massive. It dwarfs the first one in comparison, imo. I'm having a lot of fun playing it. I'm glad I waited to play it until after all those initial patches as I'm having none of the issues people were initially complaining about. 

Also, dual wielding is broke af. 

Edited by iStu X
3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I love that Nintedndo pulled some amazing bullshit out of their ass so they could de-aged Purah purely because everyone loved  her waifu design in Calamity. 

The Switch is the Waifu generation for Nintendo. We all called it super early and all they do is keep proving us with The Goods (tm) 

Well...she was already de aged in BotW though...I'm more curious if she experimented and found out a way to grow up betwwen BotW and TotK or if there really was like a 10 year gap between  the games cause she was like 8 years old body wise in BotW.

26 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Well...she was already de aged in BotW though...I'm more curious if she experimented and found out a way to grow up betwwen BotW and TotK or if there really was like a 10 year gap between  the games cause she was like 8 years old body wise in BotW.

Was she? I don’t remember. Either way. She’s THE CUTE. I really do wish I could get into BotW/TotK cause I LOVE all the character designs and how they’re legit putting in effort to world building and lore but christ I hate the game play. 

Edited by iStu X