Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Speaking of Gamestop...

An Entire GameStop Store Quits On Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom Release Day

Many stores held midnight launches, and Cannaert said he heard from other customers that the Brighton location was one of them, with diehard fans able to get their copies of the game the night before release. It’s not clear if the staff was planning to quit the next day ahead of time, or the midnight launch was something that put them over the edge. A new employee at the Brighton location declined to comment about the situation, but told Kotaku that the store eventually re-opened on Tears of the Kingdom launch day within three hours of the resignations.

13 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Supposedly they revealed the DLC chars

WhatsApp_Image_2023-05-19_at_11.13.39.jp

Also, supposedly, this is the list of games to be announced on the Sony event

WhatsApp_Image_2023-05-19_at_17.01.51.jp

New Twisted Metal? Yes please! I'm bummed there aren't more, ya know, MORTAL KOMBAT characters in that dlc pack, but if Kano is in the base roster, then all my mains are in the game so far.

Bill Murray Reaction GIF

Edited by DoctaMario
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

would rather they remake the first two original MG games tho

Yea, you know it bugs me that a game that honestly just fine the way it is is being remade instead of bringing the two games thay are way left behind up to par. Remaking Metal Gear 1 even gives them enough wiggle room to find their footing and place as developers of MG titles but no go right for the Goat immedietly...

Edited by RSG3

So Luke here took another look at Fallout 76 as it is now...

It does indeed surprise me that there's still people out there playing this mess.

Also, this one still breaks my heart though.  I'm not sure anyone in the fanbase actually wanted a VtM "battle royale"... especially as Bloodlines 2 continues to sit forever in development hell with near zero chances of being finished now.

Edited by MillionX
10 hours ago, purbeast said:

Fire Temple in TotK is one of the worst Zelda levels I've ever played.  Oh my god how I was happy when I finished that chucklefuck of a level.

Man...I really liked it...I think the Water Temples probably the weakest for me.

Spoiler

Lead up to it was great but the Temple itself is just kinda nothing...

Fire Temple has so many solutions to all its switches, I really enjoyed fucking around in there. If you make a little fan bike with the build supplies that place is free roam. 

Edited by RSG3

Super Mario Bros. movie is now the 2nd highest grossing animated film of all time domestically

Tears of the Kingdom was done back in Spring 2023, Game was delayed for a year for polish and to make sure all the physics worked properly

https://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-was-basically-done-when-delay-happened/

GOD DAMN...EA, Activision, and Bethesda would have a fucking heart attack if someone in their ranks told them they'd like a year to polish a game lol.

This is the first playable beta of this game.  Runs real bad but once it gets some optimization it might be pretty good.  Its suppose to be a top-down type game but at some point the Dev added the ability to shift the camera to a third person view.  That's the only view there is in the demo.  I asked about it and he said it needs more work but its still going to be in there (the top-down view).

I played more TLoU PC Edition last night.  Got all sad cause that broad died.  Got my first graphical glitch though...I guess thats a thing.  lol

FSndCoj.png

Couldn't see the bad guys though.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
19 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Super Mario Bros. movie is now the 2nd highest grossing animated film of all time domestically

Tears of the Kingdom was done back in Spring 2023, Game was delayed for a year for polish and to make sure all the physics worked properly

https://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-was-basically-done-when-delay-happened/

GOD DAMN...EA, Activision, and Bethesda would have a fucking heart attack if someone in their ranks told them they'd like a year to polish a game lol.

Nintendo has always cared about quality, American Companies like EA/Activision only care about quantity. 

Ashley Johnson files domestic violence restraining order against her ex boyfroiend.

https://theblast.com/490809/the-last-of-us-star-ashley-johnson-domestic-violence-restraining-order-against-boyfriend/

Super Mario Bros. movie has overtaken Incredibles 2

It's either the 3rd biggest animated movie of all time or the 4th...depending on how you view the Lion King remake.

Edited by Sonichuman

I remember a lot of people being upset about Jedi Survivor having fast travel. That it might ruin the sense of exploration or kill the drive to explore. 

I can confidently say it doesn’t. Between all the natural short cuts you discover and traversal means you have on every planet you next to never use them. 

Imo they work very similar to BotW’s fast travel system but just on a planet by planet basis. You also get the same feeling of fulfillment when you activate a new fast travel location (which are the meditation circles you come across amongst the planet you’re currently on) 

15 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Super Mario Bros. movie has overtaken Incredibles 2

It's either the 3rd biggest animated movie of all time or the 4th...depending on how you view the Lion King remake.

Absolutely hate, how there is even a debate that the Lion King remake isn't a animated film.

On the more somber news, I am sadden Ashley has to go through that. Hope the restraining order and those around her keep further problems from arising.

12 hours ago, iStu X said:

I remember a lot of people being upset about Jedi Survivor having fast travel. That it might ruin the sense of exploration or kill the drive to explore. 

I can confidently say it doesn’t. Between all the natural short cuts you discover and traversal means you have on every planet you next to never use them. 

Imo they work very similar to BotW’s fast travel system but just on a planet by planet basis. You also get the same feeling of fulfillment when you activate a new fast travel location (which are the meditation circles you come across amongst the planet you’re currently on) 

Fast travel being added to Jedi Survivor was something everyone wanted after playing the first game!

Speaking of, from my playthrough of it last month.
Rancor dropped a 4-0 lead on me.