Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

14 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Want to know the crazy part and huge fumbling of the bag on Sony's part? It's ONLY Call of Duty. XBox initially offered Sony every game by Activision/Blizz that's slated or in development until 2027. Sony said "No! We only want Call of Duty"

I just read about this and all I could do was SMH.  So much stock in that franchise.  So that means that they won't have access to Crash, Spyro, Overwatch or fucking Diablo for at least a few years before those IP's go full exclusive.   Not having Diablo is probably gonna be the biggest hit out of the 4 but it's funny that the 2 IP's that helped make Sony what they were in the beginning now won't even be featured on their consoles in the future.

A notable Atlus leaker going by the name of Midori recently stated the developers are currently working on 4 new games connected to the popular RPG series: Persona 6, P5X, Persona Asa and an unnamed fighting game.

From their initial posts, Midori made it sound like the fighting game had been canceled, but they've clarified since that it's more accurately been in something of a development hell since potentially as far back as 2015.

According to them, Atlus and an unnamed partner have been working on it off and on since then, but says the game probably no longer resembles the original concept.

Edited by AriesWarlock

I'm so fucking close to the 1 Credit Clear in Pink Sweets Arrange its painful how short I keep falling lol. It's a 7 stage Shmup but stage 5s train stage just chews through all my resources so fucking hard, just eats all my bombs and extra stocks to get through it then the next two stages are just a desperate game of rebuilding resources in hopes for the last boss and I just fall 1 or 2 bombs shorts of a the clear. Maybe I need to reroute Stage 5 to try and save Bombs...I dunno. 

heh, I knew they would phase out "Live Gold" in favor of Game Pass, because they're desperately pushing that shit so hard... it's amusing they say this is the same price; how much longer before that's no longer the case though?  They'll bump it up probably a few months later, while also taking more things away, I'm sure.

One of the little things they moved that no one else seemed to notice or care about is the "1 achievement = 50 Reward Points" thing on the rewards system.  That got moved over to Gamepass.  The amount of points you can get is also generally lower than it was before.

Anyway, tomorrow is the big day for the Diablo 4 patch, then season 1 hits on the 20th.  It's been an odd state of limbo for me on that game... because sometimes I want to play again but then I'm thinking there's no point at the moment since those are just "eternal realms" characters and Season 1 begins very soon.  From here on out it will be rare that people play their original "eternal realms" characters at all if there's not much downtime between seasons. (*I'd definitely play those characters if they did the sensible thing and made the "Eternal Realms" into an offline-playable mode.  That would be cool and not motivated by any profits so of course they're not going to do that....not a chance in hell.)

ah, if only an ARPG had this kind of potential depth going on... this sounds insanely awesome to me:

If someone could just make an rpg that has action-oriented combat like a Diablo or better yet Lost Ark (so far, nothing in D4 that I've seen tops the stuff I saw in Lost Ark, but of course Diablo is still up there as one of the better examples for how arpg combat should look, imo)....but also this kind of depth with the story apparently being significantly different (I have my doubts it's actually THAT many endings for real but if what was said here is even somewhat true this is unprecedented) depending on the player's choices and actions.....such a game would absolutely be my favorite rpg of all time by a longshot.

...this gets to one of the main reasons I prefer games to any other form of entertainment, really....that possibility that things can play out differently according to what the player chose to do.  Movies, shows, books, comics, etc. cannot give you that unless you count those old "choose your own path" stories a long time ago, but those didn't seem to catch on in a big way if I recall....normal shows/movies/etc. are still very linear things.  Gaming is the main thing that gives us this situation where it can be drastically different each time you play, depending on your actions.

Edited by MillionX
13 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

The difference between Game Pass Core and Game Pass Console is weird.  "For 1 dollar more you get more games....but we're taking away multiplayer"  uhhhhhhhhh...

This kind of shit should be illegal honestly. There shouldn't be 30 packages that all offer the same thing but with very minor differences. Like fuck off man offer 1 or 2 simple to understand packages. 

Turning online gaming into fucking Cable TV. 

Edited by RSG3
13 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

The difference between Game Pass Core and Game Pass Console is weird.  "For 1 dollar more you get more games....but we're taking away multiplayer"  uhhhhhhhhh...

I thought this was a typo at first when reports were covering it. 

it’s not. You’re paying more but you’re not getting a fundamental feature of modern gaming and one of the few things Xbox has over every other gaming market. 

what the actual fuck

Returning power ups I would love to see for Super Mario Wonder? The Hammer Suit. There were only a handful of those suckers in SMB3 because they were broken AF. Sure, you couldn't slide down slopes but when the hammers merc just about everything and the shell is fireproof, that is a small price to pay for godlike abilities. The fact that the Hammer Suit wasn't used in either Super Mario Maker games was a travesty. 

1 hour ago, Dayaan said:

I finished Sekiro earlier today. What an incredible game! It still doesn't hold a candle to Ghost of Tsushima though. One of the all time greats, for sure.

I much preferred Sekiro over all. It pushes fmyoy much harder and farther, and Ghosts combat crumbles to peices around the half way mark imo. Once yoy get a couple good skills and the one that counter spears and combat just falls apart, yoy become an unstoppable savage.

5 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I much preferred Sekiro over all. It pushes fmyoy much harder and farther, and Ghosts combat crumbles to peices around the half way mark imo. Once yoy get a couple good skills and the one that counter spears and combat just falls apart, yoy become an unstoppable savage.

I agree with this- Sekiro's combat (which is ultimately the most important thing to me) crushes GoT's with no contest.  But they are also very different types of game- ghost really nailed what they were going for and created an unforgettable experience.  

yeah out of all Mario's powerups over the years, the Hammer Bros. suit was always my favorite.  It's a shame that it's a rare and probably lesser-known one.  

Oh, they just posted this a second ago about BG3... 

D4 patch and notes are out at this point... only 1 more day remains until Season 1 begins... it will be Necro for me as usual as the main character, and Druid and/or Rogue as my secondary pick later.

All "malignant hearts" for this season have been revealed now:

Edited by MillionX
8 hours ago, Dayaan said:

I finished Sekiro earlier today. What an incredible game! It still doesn't hold a candle to Ghost of Tsushima though. One of the all time greats, for sure.

Interesting. Congrats on finishing Sekiro btw, I just got to Corrupted Monk yesterday so I think I'm fairly close to the end. I have GoT in my PS+ and will definitely have to give that one a go soon.

I loved both GoT and Sekiro, but Sekiro definitely resonated with me a bit more. Both have bad ass ninjas and shit and you can stab the fuck out of people and be all sneaky and swing around on roof tops and shit. But Sekiro's combat is just too good. It's still my favorite From game. That said, I still need to do a lethal run on GoT, and play through the expansion. Love both games.

10 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Once yoy get a couple good skills and the one that counter spears and combat just falls apart, yoy become an unstoppable savage.

Exactly why I like Ghost more! Different strokes, I guess.

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Interesting. Congrats on finishing Sekiro btw, I just got to Corrupted Monk yesterday so I think I'm fairly close to the end. I have GoT in my PS+ and will definitely have to give that one a go soon.

I went from True Monk to the end of the game in one playthrough. Depending on the ending you choose you have a ways to go. You haven't yet fought the boss that I had the most difficulty with, but it'll come up soon. Very, very fun fight. Now that I've finished the game, I have so much more insight on stuff to make it more fun, optimal or both. Hit me up if you wanna discuss the game because I badly want to and very few people I know have finished it.

15 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I loved both GoT and Sekiro, but Sekiro definitely resonated with me a bit more. Both have bad ass ninjas and shit and you can stab the fuck out of people and be all sneaky and swing around on roof tops and shit. But Sekiro's combat is just too good. It's still my favorite From game. That said, I still need to do a lethal run on GoT, and play through the expansion. Love both games.

I'm definitely looking forward to GoT, but I think Sekiro is one of the top 10 best games I've ever played, so it'll have some stuff competition. I've come close to dropping Sekiro a couple times just because the difficulty is crazy (I think it might also be one of the most difficult games I've ever played) but it's so good, I just can't quit it. At this point of my life I'm not willing to kill myself to finish a game, but Sekiro is an exception and the feeling of satisfaction after finishing a tough fight really is something.

1 minute ago, axeman61 said:

God bless you guys for enduring those "pin you down an fuck you" games. I couldn't tolerate it. Part of the reason I never got back into Elden Ring. I was at the beginning and I can already tell it's going to fuck me from all angles.

At least with Elden Ring you can over level and make things significantly easier. Sekiro isn't a stat based game, it's got skill trees instead. So you can't become a god from grinding. 

sheeeitt, Elden Ring's boss fights still stand out as legendary, unforgettable gaming moments for me... I was fighting some of them like Godskin Apostle and Fire Giant, etc. on and off for days until finally killing them.  It's a very strange love/hate thing going on there.  When I beat the Godskin Apostle (the one at the bottom of the tower in Caelid), it was around 3 or 4am and I had been trying that 1 battle over and over all night.  There is no room for error.  One mistake and it's almost always Game Over for you right away.  The margin for error against Fire Giant is even more unforgiving, I'd say.  You're definitely dead if you fuck up in any way there. (Fire Giant also happens to be a necessary fight for story progression, btw.)

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

God bless you guys for enduring those "pin you down an fuck you" games. I couldn't tolerate it. Part of the reason I never got back into Elden Ring. I was at the beginning and I can already tell it's going to fuck me from all angles.

Sekiro is way more fair than Elden Ring.  It's tough, but you've always got what you need if you learn the enemies.  Sekiro is always capable of putting up a fight, whereas in ER your character feels like a 98 lb sissy armed with a whiffle bat moving through peanut butter  fighting Mike Tyson in his prime.  Unless you over level or know the most broken shit to lean on. 

5 minutes ago, Camacho said:

Sekiro is way more fair than Elden Ring.  It's tough, but you've always got what you need if you learn the enemies.  Sekiro is always capable of putting up a fight, whereas in ER your character feels like a 98 lb sissy armed with a whiffle bat moving through peanut butter  fighting Mike Tyson in his prime.  Unless you over level or know the most broken shit to lean on. 

Am I a bad person for immediately thinking of Frank Bruno when I read this?

GettyImages-51584650.jpg?strip=all&w=960

4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Oh man, when I finally beat Lady Butterfly....if there was a video of me in that moment, I'd be hella embarrassed at my age 😂

Don't be! That's what those moments are for. By the way, you can stunlock Lady Butterfly with 2 buttons and win in about 2 minutes, tops. Save this information.

4 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Simply fuck Elden Ring back! I will explain:

4 hours ago, Chadouken said:

At least with Elden Ring you can over level and make things significantly easier. Sekiro isn't a stat based game, it's got skill trees instead. So you can't become a god from grinding. 

Chad's right about Sekiro. It is harder than Elden Ring, but...

2 hours ago, Camacho said:

It's tough, but you've always got what you need if you learn the enemies.  Sekiro is always capable of putting up a fight

Camacho is right in that Sekiro can always put up a fight.

What makes Elden Ring easier than Sekiro (and I'd argue it's by a lot) is that you can build different setups to take on different challenges or, indeed, the whole game. In fact, that is the entire playstyle of Elden Ring. Yes, there is a lot of freedom in terms of how to approach it to the point that you can basically choose how hard you want the game to be, but building up that character is the difference between Sekiro and Elden Ring. Your journey to create powerful builds is the goal of engagement in Elden Ring. In Sekiro, you don't get that freedom. Yeah, sure, you can style on enemies and there are a variety of ways to approach arenas and such, but ultimately, the game wants you to parry, dance and flow through combat a certain way. It is incredibly rewarding to master and truly does feel like the perfection of the blade that Sekiro himself worked his whole life to achieve. Acquiring skills is harder in Sekiro, and they will never be as powerful as a solid understanding of the fundamental mechanics because ultimately, they are just accessories to your actual base skills which are all you need to put up a fight. Conversely, in Elden Ring your goal is to mix your own power creep and your knowledge of bosses to beat them. This can be as easy or hard as you like depending on how long you're willing to grind out easier challenges.

Both Elden Ring and Sekiro, I think, offer the perfect blend of difficulty and mental journey that anyone can take on because they cater to two very different and opposed types of people. I'd never enjoy Elden Ring. I don't enjoy all that character management. I like Sekiro because it demands mastery and patience that Elden Ring doesn't, and that doesn't inherently make it any better or worse of a game. It just suits me, that's all.

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

sheeeitt, Elden Ring's boss fights still stand out as legendary, unforgettable gaming moments for me... I was fighting some of them like Godskin Apostle and Fire Giant, etc. on and off for days until finally killing them.  It's a very strange love/hate thing going on there.  When I beat the Godskin Apostle (the one at the bottom of the tower in Caelid), it was around 3 or 4am and I had been trying that 1 battle over and over all night.  There is no room for error.  One mistake and it's almost always Game Over for you right away.  The margin for error against Fire Giant is even more unforgiving, I'd say.  You're definitely dead if you fuck up in any way there. (Fire Giant also happens to be a necessary fight for story progression, btw.)

Demon of Hatred solos Fire Giant fr fr no cap on da app on god!!

ye7jloxeekz81.jpg?auto=webp&s=cd4d05830f

I want Nintendo to release Donkey Kong '94 on Game Boy NSO. But what I REALLY want is a full on remake of the game. The Link's Awakening remake was something I never expected but was so glad we got. It is one of my favorite GB games and one of my favorite Zelda titles. For me, DK '94 might just be the best GB game and is the GOAT DK game. I would kill for an HD remake of it.

My 1 Credit Clear of Pink Sweets Arranged. I don't have a capture card and this is a X360 game so I had to set up my phone for a dirty recording. The fan sound yoy hear is my Xbox360, it's modded and the fan is set to max. I tried turning it down but the fan never turned off for some reason so I dunno. 

This game modes ships have 2 shot types and two bomb types. For the ship I chose, the Rose Twins, the tap shot is a wide shot and the hold is a narrow shot. The growing glowing sphere in the front of the ship is the basic bomb called a Rose Cracker. When the Rose Cracker is on the ship it blocks plasma bullets, any bullet that looks like bright colored plasma can be blocked. If it looks like an actual object it can not, like swords, buzzsaws, and spiked balls. Tapping the bomb button explodes the Rose Cracker and at that point it cancels any bullets of any type into 1000 point Medals. The other bomb is called the Hadou Gun and its a missile activated by holding down the Bomb Button to arm it and releasing Bomb to fire it. The missile leaves a vapor trail that cancels bullets into 2k Medals. If the Missile hits a robust target it will stick to it and cancel any bullets that hit it into 3k Medals. I get more Hadou Guns by dying and I'm the counter for them is the stock counter under my lives in the upper left hand corner. The other ways of scoring are to bomb ground turrets and tanks, they drop Red and Blue Rose Medals worth 10k for Red and 5k for blue. There are Gold Rose Medals under specific parts of the train in Stage 5 that are worth 50k. Rarest Medal, only in Stage 5. 

Final way to score is to destroy stuff with the Rose Cracker Bomb. Doing so starts a multiplyer that maxes out at x64. This is where most of the points come from and you want to try and kill the bosses with an X64. I only able to get a couple of them this way tho. 

Final point worth mentioning yoy get an extra life for every 10 million points you score and my first death in Stage 1 is a suicide. If you bomb the trees in that specific part a swarm of birds flies out and you get a TON of points for this. By dying and responding I can Rose Cracker bomb again immediately instead of waiting for a recharge and can milk the trees with a total of 3 bombs instead of just 2 for around 5 to 7 million worth of points, which is halfway to the first extend already. 

Edited by RSG3