Stage Select

The Cartoons and Animation Thread

4 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Sokka is too light skinned.

Should have got Inferno man instead.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Let's leave @TheInfernomanout of this. When he found he didn't get the role...he didn't take it well...

I would have done it if given the chance (but I'm took old now) Sokka is my fave but his development runs deep. Granted the cast all were developed in varying ways but morseso Sokka for me. 

Netflix Avatar is a Remix, Not a Cover

https://nordic.ign.com/avatar-the-last-airbender-live-action/78311/news/the-big-netflix-avatar-the-last-airbender-producer-interview-this-is-a-remix-not-a-cover

Apparently Aang is not going to be taking any adventurous detours or anything, they're gonna give him visions and he's just going to just head to where he's gonna go because of the visions. 

I also saw a post that claims they toned down Katara's character development to  which is just...

simon cowell facepalm GIF

https://www.ign.com/articles/netflixs-avatar-remake-retooling-iffy-elements-like-sokkas-sexism

"There are certain roles I think that Katara did in the cartoon that we didn't necessarily also do here," Kim said. "I mean, I don't want to really get into a lot of that, but some gender issues that didn't quite translate from the cartoon."

I'm still going to give this show a shot but fuck me man....They got the costumes, sets, and seemingly the casting correct but it feels like they ripped out the heart and missed the point. 

Like I don't even know what the hell "some gender issues that didn't quite translate from the cartoon" even fucking means here.  This isn't some anime ass crazy action sequence shit that's trying to be mimicked in real life, this is actual real life emotion and problems that can be and have been done before.   I don't...I just...my immense disappointment that I'm feeling at the moment is like watching a new christened cruise ship head out to sea and then watching it start to sink when it gets a bit ways out into the ocean because some wise ass didn't think a few screws weren't needed in the ships hull.  That's what I'm feeling right now.  I'm really trying to judge to hard right now and reserve judgement until I can actually see it but this is hard right now. 

Only thing I can hope for at the moment is that it's at least decent and that gets people more interested in the IP itself and then people can tell those guys "hey I know you enjoyed this...but the actual show it's based off is even better.  PLEASE go watch this."  If it at least does this I'll deal cause I've been trying to get my cousin to watch animated stuff but he's one of those people that's more about live action and reluctant to watch anything else so I was hoping this could be a gateway to open his eyes.

The show runner for this Avatar show is a straight up liar. He's doing everything he promised NOT to do. He's hitting my trigger points. Why license an IP if you are going just tell your own bullshit story with it? If your story was any good, you wouldn't need an established IP as vehicle for it. These talent deficient hacks running around fucking up things from actual creative people grinds my gears. At this point in my life, it seems that every IP I've been a fan of has been wrecked by this mentality.

Once again executives spend a lot of money to make a show that appeals to no one. Seriously, who is this for? Fans are pissed at all the changes. I The possibility of this making new fans are slim because the audience they’re going for won’t watch a show based off a kid’s cartoon. This is going to end up like Netflix Cowboy Bebop and Velma which is crazy because the cartoon already had a great formula. 

I also noticed the name dropped the elephant koi episode as one of the detours they want to avoid. That episode was the one that took place on Kyoshi Island and where Sokka gets humbled about his sexism… which is said to be toned down in this adaptation. Don’t tell me they are not going to adapt Suki and Kyoshi warriors. They’re named after a past Avatar, for fuck’s sake.

So I'm not the biggest Avatar fan or anythibg, I've seen it, it's cool, I saw it the one time and was satisfied, so what's happening to this show doesn't exactly tear me up but I get it for everyone else so I just wanna post this tweet so you all know not to even bother. 

Fuckin Avatar and Game of Thrones in the same scentence. 

This shows gonna blow chunks yall. They do not get it. At all. 

15 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

So I'm not the biggest Avatar fan or anythibg, I've seen it, it's cool, I saw it the one time and was satisfied, so what's happening to this show doesn't exactly tear me up but I get it for everyone else so I just wanna post this tweet so you all know not to even bother. 

Fuckin Avatar and Game of Thrones in the same scentence. 

This shows gonna blow chunks yall. They do not get it. At all. 

They say they want Game of Thrones but their cutting out stuff that could put it close to what they are looking for which is BIZARRE.  "We want to do Game of Thrones like but lets remove some of the more mature themes"  WTF are we even doing here? Lol

4 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

They say they want Game of Thrones but their cutting out stuff that could put it close to what they are looking for which is BIZARRE.  "We want to do Game of Thrones like but lets remove some of the more mature themes"  WTF are we even doing here? Lol

Episode 1 is gonna open with full view cheek claps bro. Hope you like Shlong in your Avatar show 🤣

Like I'm with you, GOTs has politics, violence, and sex. Netflix Avatars removed politics, that leaves you with violence and sex. 

Edited by RSG3
2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Episode 1 is gonna open with full view cheek claps bro. Hope you like Shlong in your Avatar show 🤣

Like I'm with you, GOTs has politics, violence, and sex. Netflix Avatars removed politics, that leaves you with violence and sex. 

Netflix: "Avatar The Last Airbender on Netflix! Air's not the only thing Aang's bending" 

The Audience: 😒

The current younger generations are learning much too late about why an "all streaming!", online-only future for entertainment is ultimately a horrible thing for the consumer, and is only a benefit to the companies.

I didn't even know "copies" were a thing on some of these services; I assumed people were *just* streaming shows and movies and that was it.  The idea of having a "copy" suggests that you have that for real and it can't be taken away unless someone broke into your place and stole it.

6 hours ago, MillionX said:

The current younger generations are learning much too late about why an "all streaming!", online-only future for entertainment is ultimately a horrible thing for the consumer, and is only a benefit to the companies.

Least they are learning it. I still can't get some.of the older memebers of the family to understand as they literally whine they can't find the movie that was there just last month or whatever. 

We'll have to suffer through this dumb fuckeey a little longer but soon we'll have the numbers from all the young, disenfranchised and robbed to help us fight against this horse shit...

I hope...

Edited by RSG3

Honestly the Crunchyroll shit sucks, I had a legit good number of digital copies, I would bounce back to including several One Piece movies. Glad I never thought to sell any of the discs.

Fucked up they took out RightStuf and have not been anywhere near as generous with the sales.

X-Men 97 looks good in motion after having seen it. I cant fully tell if its 3D or 2D and thats a good thing IMO, I was worried it'd look like What If or some other cheap looking CGI show but im satisfied with this

Still cautiously optimistic about the story. Xavier was still alive in the last series (dying but still alive) but now he's dead, idk about that yet. 

I started the first episode of Ninja Kamui tonight since I JUST remembered that I needed to put it on DVR.  God damn man the first half of this episode is ROUGH.  Like...You know shit is gonna be bad but it's still rough when it happens.  And it feels worse for me being a parent.  They went balls to the wall on animation budget for the action sequences.  Hoping they keep this up.

God dammit...now I can't UNHEAR it LOL

Update on Ninja Kamui: Finished watching the first 2 eps of Kamui and this fucking FBI investigator has a death wish.  If my partner officer told me the shit she saw before she got knocked out and he saw the bloody mess that the hospital got left with, you wouldn't have to tell me twice to drop the case.  And then dude gets caught in a Ninja duel in a restaurant and all this crazy shit is going on in front of him and he is not GTFO.  If dude didn't know how out of his depth he was before he should have realized it mid way through when the shit hit the fan.  5 minutes into the fight I'm like "WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL HERE MY GUY!?'.  There's no way this dude doesn't get got somewhere in a later episode.

Edited by Sonichuman