Stage Select

The Cartoons and Animation Thread

50 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I had no idea Chris Parnell was the voice of Slade in My Adventures with Superman, I have watched every episode but did not recognize him at all.

Chris Parnell is one of those VA's who are so talented the can just use their normal voice at a different inflection to sound like a totally different person. Grey DeLisle, Billy West, Phil Lamar, John DiMaggio, Tara Strong and H. John Benjamin are also like that. 

Edited by iStu X

So I finally got to see TMNT: Mutant Mayhem today.

I appreciate that they tried to do something new, but I didnt care for it.

Pros:

Animation quality and design of the city, tmnt(except Dons glasses), Supafly and Splinter

Voice acting generally except for Don.

Cons:

Too much comedy. What little dramatic scenes there were have no impact. Milking was bludgeoned to death. We didnt need vomiting x2 either.

Leo is the only one who isn't full on joke mode and the other 3 blend in together too much.

Relatively little action and most of it wasn't noteworthy imo.

Big: Splinter has no connection to Hamato Yoshi or the Foot Clan.

Too many licensed songs.

The ending - No. That ending could maybe work after maybe a decade worth of character growth

Mediocre imo.
6/10

3 hours ago, Wellman said:

Never figured he would take off like he did but the reimagining of his back story a few years ago did wonders.

I really felt some kind of way when Poison Ivy did Kite Man dirty in Harley Quinn. Which was unfathomable to me given how little fucks I gave about his character when they introduced him. Lovable bastard grew on me.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I finally saw TMNT Mutant Mayhem. Movie was good fun. I'm sure people are gonna take issues with what the film did with some of the characters but I wanna see where they go with them. Donnie's voice was the most precious thing I ever heard. And the look on Raph's face when he was about to land that elbow drop. That needs to be a GIF ASAP.