Stage Select

The Cartoons and Animation Thread

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

I compnletely forgot that the first episode for Unicorn came out yesterday.  Adult Swim put it up on youtube for those interested

Looks like first runs will be Thurs and then the replay happens on Toonami.  I gotta remember to set up my DVR.

What is it?

ARCHER Will End with Season 14, Final Season Debuts in August

Archer.jpg

Sterling himself might be very much the same, but the world has changed a lot since Archer debuted all the way back on FX in 2009. The show, starring H. Jon Benjamin as the inebriated world-class spy, even moved networks during its run. It picked up an extra “X” in 2017. That’s where the show will air its final season, when season 14 debuts with two episodes at FXX on August 30.

The network shared an early synopsis of what we can expect from Archer during its final run:

Archer and The Agency are finding their own way with Lana at the helm. Her goal is to make money while also making the world a better place, but she quickly finds out running a spy agency isn’t so cut and dry.

On 5/16/2023 at 7:15 PM, HD-Man said:

My knowledge of He Man is pretty shit, but how did they mess her up? I dont remember much of her in the old shows

Teela's has always been a major character. She stuck out for me as kid because like She-Ra, she wasn't a damsel in distress. The King and Queen find out their son is dead and this bitch is ranting about her not knowing Adam was He-Man. The King didn't know either. But fuck the parents that just lost their child, it's about you not knowing a secret he didn't even impart to his own father. It wasn't even a brief blow up. She stuck with her nonsense and left her father in the lurch. Man At Arms adopted her. He chose to be her dad, but I guess that didn't matter to Meela. Don't get me started on her abandoning a post she strived for her whole life. Did she even try to console the King and Queen at all? If she was a pro wrestler, her theme song would be It's All About Me by Mya.

TLDR: They made Teela a selfish unlikable bitch. It's difficult for me to like a show where I find the protagonist thoroughly unlikeable. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 5/16/2023 at 12:51 AM, HD-Man said:

Im probably the only guy who liked Kevin Smith's Masters of the Universe LOL. He pissed me off with that MGS2 style bait and switch making everyone think He-Man was the main character but once you get past that, its a decent show IMO

I was ok with it, but my issue stems from even as a kid, never really liked the He Man show that much due to the premise and setting. This changed some things and seemed ok in execution but not enough for me to invest in watching the whole thing. Same thing happened with every He-man or Masters of the Universe reboot. Which seems good but not my flavor of scifi fantasy or whatever.

Same with the OG Thundercats but I did like the 00s reboot... when I watched it a decade after if initially aired.

I mean real talk April as a character is fluid and despite growing up with yellow jump suit reporter, in the grand scheme of the Turtles multiverse her looks don't matter. 

That being said, yes, they could have done better by her in this incarnation. But I guess this how they do a more kid sized version. 

Yea her racial fluidity isn't my issue at all, it's that she looks like her legs are two feet long and she's all torso, it's weird. She's built like Babe Ruth lol. 

Otherwise she seems pretty cool. Whole movie looks really cool. 

That's cool. Resembles Spiderverse to me tho, especially in the fps department, Im not the only one who sees some stylistic similarities.

I honestly don't e PJ's/Wallace and Gromit influence anywhere in there. Maybe I need to rewatch the trailer again 

While I’m glad the new spidey movie is doing numbers I’m kinda being “that guy” regarding it and feel like gate keeping it a bit. 

so many people who clearly know nothing about the characters or spidey as a whole or have never thought about reading a comic  are now claiming to be life long fans as well as reaching HARD about certain character aspects and dynamics. 

Just fucking stop. 

Edited by iStu X