Stage Select

The Cartoons and Animation Thread

that looks cool but what was up with that one chubby Spiderwoman---- is she pregnant while being a superhero?! (or just fat?) Then again I'm also just remembering there was/is apparently a Spider-woman in the comics at the moment who's handicapped which is arguably even more of a ridiculous concept 🤣

...but yeah I'm definitely looking forward to that.  The previous movie far surpassed my expectations.

9 hours ago, MillionX said:

that looks cool but what was up with that one chubby Spiderwoman---- is she pregnant while being a superhero?! (or just fat?) Then again I'm also just remembering there was/is apparently a Spider-woman in the comics at the moment who's handicapped which is arguably even more of a ridiculous concept 🤣

...but yeah I'm definitely looking forward to that.  The previous movie far surpassed my expectations.

Might one of the Spider Woman stories in the comics was she got pregnant and was sort of doing some hero stuff while showing.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

To the best of my recollection Miguel is the same size as Peter Parker.

Yeah they have drawn them like that before but I remember in more then one comic or adaptation he was bigger like how Kaine, one of Peter's clones, is also drawn at times the same size and other times like he is twice his size depending on the story and if they are selling the differences between them or not.

13 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Why is Miguel so fucking huge tho?

It’s an aesthetic choice since he is one of outliers when it comes to the Spider-Folk and he’s seemingly the main villain.

He has no issues with killing or doing the wrong things for the right reason. He also doesn’t have traditional spider powers like most. He doesn’t have spider sense or traditional wall crawling. Just enhanced reflexes and actual claw like hands and feet for his climbing though he does have extremely enhanced vision to where he can see in different ways (zoom in, infrared, etc). His webbing is also organic and his canines are filled with a unique venom. Lastly his healing factor is one of if not the strongest Among the spider-folks. 

Edited by iStu X

https://www.amazon.com/Looney-Tunes-Collectors-Choice-Volume-1-Blu-ray/dp/B0BZTJ5VZY?tag=bluray-016-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

WB is releasing a new collection of 20 remastered Looney tunes shorts. These are newly remastered and feature a mix of classic characters.

Release:  May 30, 2023

Includes the below animated shorts:

BEANSTALK BUNNY - Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck & Elmer Fudd (1954, Chuck Jones)
THE BEE-DEVILED BRUIN –  The Three Bears (1949, Chuck Jones)
CATCH AS CATS CAN – Sylvester (1947, Arthur Davis)
CRACKED QUACK -Daffy Duck & Porky Pig (1952, Friz Freleng)
DAFFY DOODLES – Daffy Duck & Porky Pig (1946, Robert McKimson)
DOGGONE CATS – Sylvester (1947, Arthur Davis)
THE FOXY DUCKLING – (1947, Arthur Davis)
A FRACTURED LEGHORN – Foghorn Leghorn (1950, Robert McKimson)
GREEDY FOR TWEETY – Tweety & Sylvester (1957, Friz Freleng)
HIP-HIP-HURRY! – Road Runner & Wile E. Coyote (1958, Chuck Jones)
HIS BITTER HALF – Daffy Duck (1950, Friz Freleng)
HOT ROD AND REEL – Road Runner & Wile E. Coyote (1959, Chuck Jones)
LITTLE ORPHAN AIREDALE – Porky Pig and Charlie Dog (1947, Friz Freleng)
A MOUSE DIVIDED  – Sylvester (1953, Friz Freleng)
PLOP GOES THE WEASEL – Foghorn Leghorn (1953, Robert McKimson)
STOOGE FOR A MOUSE – Sylvester (1950, Friz Freleng)
TALE OF TWO MICE – Babbit & Catstello (1945, Frank Tashlin)
TWO GOPHERS FROM TEXAS – Goofy Gophers (1947, Arthur Davis)
UNRULY HARE, THE  - Bugs Bunny & Elmer Fudd (1945, Frank Tashlin)
WHAT’S BREWIN’ BRUIN? –  The Three Bears (1947, Chuck Jones)

Edited by DangerousJ
2 hours ago, RegH81 said:

1993 Super Mario Bros. Luigi isn't gonna watch 2023 Super Mario Bros. movie because he's still butthurt about casting.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/john-leguizamo-boycotts-super-mario-bros-movie-casting-inclusion-1235575495/

who cares family guy GIF

John got Disney money doing the voice of Bruno from Encanto. Bruv needs to chill and wait for Disney to call him back for Encanto 2.

Funny that John says he's not bitter caaaause this is definitely coming off a wee bit bitter.  I'm all for inclusion and as a kid I enjoyed the orginal MB movie cause I didn't know any better and I was just happy that there was SMB that existed in the first place...but that movie is near objective garbage.  And it doesn't even help with knowing the back story regarding the batshit crazy stuff that went on in the background of making that movie.  The cast also isn't technically all white since Toad and Kamek were both voiced by Black people and they both were some of the better acted characters out of the cast with Jack Black being the only one who did better imo.  There's still opportunity in the future, I can easily see Daisy being voiced by someone Latino.

I'm just going to be blunt. John Leguizamo is a hypocrite who needs to just shut the fuck up. I still remember him going in on James Franco for being cast as Fidel Castro. Was it because of his creepy behavior? Nope because he wasn't Latino. Leguizamo's entire career is built on portraying characters that don't share his background. Has the dude ever actually played a Colombian?

Edited by Darc_Requiem

^quite a shame we just won't see stuff like that anymore...at least not often.... maybe even not at all.  

At least there's still Japan for quality animated stuff these days... there's not much to expect from anyone else.  Heh, Disney certainly doesn't give a damn anymore----it's always "New LIVE-ACTION version of this old classic!" one after another these days....non-stop...and whenn they get all of them they'll just start remaking the remakes....fuckin lame ass company.

5 minutes ago, MillionX said:

^quite a shame we just won't see stuff like that anymore...at least not often.... maybe even not at all.  

At least there's still Japan for quality animated stuff these days... there's not much to expect from anyone else.  Heh, Disney certainly doesn't give a damn anymore----it's always "New LIVE-ACTION version of this old classic!" one after another these days....non-stop...and whenn they get all of them they'll just start remaking the remakes....fuckin lame ass company.

Its not fully Disney's fault, the public at large is also to blame cause they stopped going to the theaters to see em.  I mean as much as we appreciate this stuff we are sadly in a minority now.  If you're doing something in 2D and you pour your heart into it then you go in with the expectation that it won't make as much money as it could have been if it was full 3D.

I give credit to WB for restoring some of their Looney Tunes stuff, DCAU (Batman TAS/Supes TAS/Justice League) and putting it on Bluray and still producing those direct to video DC films even if their quality is hit and miss. They have done the new Looney Tunes shorts for HBO MAX (70 shorts in 3 years)

Other than Chip and Dale on Blu, Disney hasnt really put older animated shows on Blu. Outside of Pixar stuff, I cant recall any new 2d type animation in recent year.

Oh yeah I recently got the Justice League complete series on blu-ray; it was either from Best Buy or Walmart.  I saw just the other day that Target had that complete series of Batman in the store... one amazing bonus in there is that it includes the movie Mask of the Phantasm!  I'm definitely getting that if it's still there when I go there again later.

I always wondered if they would ever put Ultimate Muscle (Kinnikuman) on blu ray and release it over here...I just happened to spot that it was coming out when I was getting something else on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Muscle-Complete-English-Blu-ray/dp/B0BX7J51CQ/ref=d_pd_sbs_sccl_3_4/140-6220288-0079356?pd_rd_w=9ACiU&content-id=amzn1.sym.38bbd1de-73a5-4ef9-9954-df27c3112829&pf_rd_p=38bbd1de-73a5-4ef9-9954-df27c3112829&pf_rd_r=3H70A4228MPG427F7KEW&pd_rd_wg=4nTer&pd_rd_r=c36097b4-3374-400d-a0b1-505abbd7d2d3&pd_rd_i=B0BX7J51CQ&psc=1

Also upon looking up to see if this actually had all the episodes, looks like they're actually doing a new series that got announced 03/19/2023?  Interesting.  Glad it's finnaly getting released over here.  Show was fun, maybe we'll get more ridiculous games out of it whenever the new series comes out.

On 4/22/2023 at 4:39 PM, AriesWarlock said:

342976525_1941892279508898_7063067016183

This was never the reasoning of their weapons/personalities for Eastman and Laird. It was just a fan theory for years. once Eastman and Laird heard the theory they were just like “Yes. That’s canon now.”

Edited by iStu X