Stage Select

The Cartoons and Animation Thread

Teen Titans Go is actually a really funny show and its unfortunate that we (no anyone here as in the royal "we") shitted on it for so long just because it wasn't the original Teen Titans.  It's just good in its own ways even though it doesn't take anything seriously or even really have an overarching storyline.    I do wish that the OG Teen Titans didn't get sacrificed at the altar but people definitely should have given the show a more a chance and tried to look at it without the harsh lens of OG TT.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

You mean designers follow a template for art, and when appealing to mass groups of people they pander with designs people can relate to!

Just wait till you see all the mid 30 to early 40 bald white guys in Videogames!!!

I'd bet money that the same people complaining about this were also complaining about their being too many bald white marines/soldiers/etc leads in games. I know there was an article from one of those "videogame" websites about it. Bingo, I  hate to link to Shitaku but it proves the point.

https://kotaku.com/its-time-we-put-the-bald-space-marine-away-its-time-to-5973806

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I noticed that the new toy figures to correspond to the new TMNT have been out at Target (and probably Walmart as well; I typically browse Target more often tho), and one thing I like is that they look exactly like what you're getting in that new movie (which would be unfortunate in April's case)... this is something that just wasn't the case for toys back in the day, sadly... it always irked me that action figures didn't look similar enough to what we were seeing on the show or movie.  Figures these days tend to be much more accurate to how the character looks on screen.

4 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

362613517_834552038326603_91976307114760

Announced at the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem #SDCC panel, Nickelodeon has acquired the rights to the beloved 1987 TMNT series.

This is weird to me because I thought they bought everything TMNT related way back when their parent company (Viacom) bought TMNT. 

4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Ah time to wipe the nostalgia off everyone's faces when they realize that cartoon was ok at best. 

Yeah, around the time of the 2003 series, I got to watch a few episodes of that. It did great work building it's world and the characters but it is hard to go back like most of the 80s shows.

I just finished the 1st episode of Futurama's new season and tbh, I didn't like it much.

Is not an bad episode per se, but it felt very weak as a season opener, not to mention that it was too meta, although, Futurama has done stuff like this in the past, is not necessarily a bad thing.

I haven't watched any of this show yet but this trope of "YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT YOUR SECRET IDENTITY SO NOW I'M GOING TO FORCE MYSELF ON A MORAL HIGH GROUND" is annoying.  There's rarely a time that this trope is pulled off correctly and justified and most of the time it just makes the person who is trying to feel "vicitimized" over not being told selfish and almost instantly insufferable.

6 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I haven't watched any of this show yet but this trope of "YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT YOUR SECRET IDENTITY SO NOW I'M GOING TO FORCE MYSELF ON A MORAL HIGH GROUND" is annoying.  There's rarely a time that this trope is pulled off correctly and justified and most of the time it just makes the person who is trying to feel "vicitimized" over not being told selfish and almost instantly insufferable.

I have been watching the show and this a weird speed bump on everything the show was built on, especially since Lois was forcing Clark to confess.

This was episode 5 of a 10 episode season, so I assume this will be smoothed over quick. Even then, it was a strange scene to have.

Edited by Jurassic
19 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I don't have the problems with the show that others have but this shit pissed me off. Lois literally tells Clark in an earlier episode "I'm going find out Superman's secrets and expose them." It's the big story she's been chasing. More over, she almost got Clark and Jimmy fired on their first day by lying to them both. And most importantly, they haven't even known each other that long. They aren't even dating. So he's supposed to tell his co-worker that he's known for a few weeks his deepest darkest secret? Fuck out here with that nonsense. Damn and I thought Mary Jane was crazy....

Edited by Darc_Requiem