Stage Select

The Cartoons and Animation Thread

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Don't see her attacking anyone in those tweets. 

Attack is probably a strong word for this which is why I chose to say "She's taking offense".  She wasn't really tagged in any of these posts to Anairis and probably the roughest one is Xander Mobus and the snide comments to Chris and Kellen.  She's pretty much going through these posts that weren't directed at her and responding to them lol.

The original post by Anairis doesn't even mention her anywhere in it

Edit:

Supposedly Wendee has not been a great person behind the scenes from some of the stuff I've been reading about so there's been some VA's coming out and dragging her

Edit 2:

Yeah the main shitty thing about this is that they cast Anairis, had her record lines and even show up as Yoruichi when she first shows up and then the yanked the role right from under her.  She pretty much acknowledged that this sucked but she kept her head up about the situation.  People came to just support her and say "hey we're sorry this happened" and then Wendee decided to inject herself and make it about her when nobody was talking at all about her lol.

It just looks really shitty.

Edited by Sonichuman

Sucks but sometimes our fav voice actors are just crappy people in spite of their talents. 

---

I'm almost done with TaleSpin and I find out two episodes are not on Disney+. The missing episodes are Flying Dupes and Last Horizons. Last Horizons was one of my favorite episodes. I'm gonna have to find that box that has my TaleSpin DVDs in it to catch those episodes.

Edited by RegH81

Yoruichi drama update

This situation  really did not need to blow up that far especially since it was already kinda messed up to begin with.  Now we got people choosing sides on a situation that may not even be what they think it is because Viz fucked up.  Wendee's attitude really only helped throw gas on an unnecessary fire.

Edit:

Edited by Sonichuman
4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Yoruichi drama update

This situation  really did not need to blow up that far especially since it was already kinda messed up to begin with.  Now we got people choosing sides on a situation that may not even be what they think it is because Viz fucked up.  Wendee's attitude really only helped throw gas on an unnecessary fire.

Edit:

It's almost like Twitter is a shitty place to have real and nuanced conversations and people should just......stop. 

Edited by RSG3
On 10/26/2023 at 7:58 PM, Hecatom said:

It seems that more shows will be removed from streaming and the physical production be halted.

A fucking shame I have to buy physical because companies are ran by douches who don't play the potential long game and rather dump products into oblivion then let them naturally build audiences or find the right venues to profit from them and keep them available.

9 hours ago, RegH81 said:

Done with TaleSpin so now I'm binging another of the GOATS... Darkwing Duck. As a kid, the stuff this show was a parody of was completely lost on me. But that didn't stop me from loving this show. It's just as great today as it was in 1991. Wish we could have gotten more of the Justice Ducks.

DARKWING DUCK!

When there's trouble you call DW

DARKWING DUCK!

Lets get dangerous

Hot Spells, the banned Darkwing Duck episode is not on Disney+. Satan actually appeared in two episodes prior to that one. 

There a ton of funny lines in DWD but one of my particular favorites is in "Disguise the Limit," DW is framed and a reward is offered for his capture. A bunch of citizens pull up on DW packing heat. DW: I knew I should have voted for gun control.